Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baked Beans and other foods...

I was scared to try lettuce. Then at the 3 month visit with the NUT she said I was eating too much Protein and chided me to eat salads. Went home and eating a salad a day now and loving it! You might want to try a slice of cucumber, Tomato, or a tablespoon of lettuce because if you are close to 2 months out you might can do it easily. Choking on a piece of soft chicken at 5 weeks post sleeve made me terrified to try new things. Cole slaw is one of my favorite small sides, especially eating out.

If you choose the lower Protein choices you've listed, you won't be able to do very much of them in the first place and you'll need to do more Protein supplements to hit your targets and maintain health. You have to work all of it into your daily totals and maintain a calorie deficit in order to lose weight. I'm not saying you can't shouldn't have those things. I'm one of those folks that subscribes to the "I'm not on a diet" philosophy. I eat what I like in small amounts, protein first. I eat a bit of chocolate almost every day, but I've also gotten very creative in my food choices.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a protein'd cheese sauce that's good on macaroni or on eggs. If I want mac and cheese, I use that.

I put a scoop of chocolate Protein powder in my coffee every morning for a 20g boost that tastes like Starbucks.

I'm a much more creative cook now. Check out http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ for recipes.

I work out hard 5 days per week in part, so that I can have flexibility in my diet. Burning an extra 600 calories gives me enough wiggle room to eat what I like as well as having cardiovascular benefits.

For me, this journey has been about finding a balance I can live with and I've ever so grateful for that opportunity.

For your spaghetti night, what about spaghetti squash instead of noodles? Also, try making meatballs with the dinner, and foucus on eating one or two of those...and maybe have a little pasta/squash.

I realize this is an older thread but a great one! Thank you!

Hi all- I am the OP and i was reading some of my PRE surgery threads...

since surgery, i have had 1 TBSP of baked Beans, no mac/cheese, no Peanut Butter toast, and spaghetti a few times. with that though, i eat one good sized meatball with about 5-6 strands of spaghetti cut up with it, and sauce.

i read this thread and kind of laughed. i was so nervous about giving up these foods, and generally they aren't really even too good for me! i am pretty much ALLOWED all foods, being 6 months out, but i am consciously making good healthy choices. i still get the whole budget thing, and feeding the family, but even my family is healthier since we are making better choices, and once in a while when we have these things, i find a way to make it work!!!!