Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cant Believe its Finally Here!

My VSG takes place tomorrow morning at 8:30 am. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 a.m. I can't sleep and I am very very very happy that at last my Day has come. I had been contemplating WLS for over a year and a half. Almost nine months ago I started the process....and now it's here! It seems a bit unreal still but I am ready for my new life and my new "tool."

I know how many of the stories I have read here inspired me and have supported me through this process. I was excited for every person posting about their own surgery day. And now, it is my turn! Yay! I know I should be sleeping, but I am wide awake. Anyone else experience that? :)

Wish me well, fellow Sleevers!

Patrice

Wishing you a safe and Uneventful surgery! Let us know how it goes...

Wishing you a safe and Uneventful surgery! Let us know how it goes...

Thank you - I will! :)

Wishing you well! I was where you are just days ago and now I'm healing. Take care!

Good luck. Keep us posted of your progress.

Best of luck to you!

Yes, I was completely sleepless the night before my surgery, I was so excited :) Which is okay, since I did nothing BUT sleep post-surgery ;)

SOooooo. How did it go? How are you feeling? I go in tomorrow morning! Nervous but excited.

SOooooo. How did it go? How are you feeling? I go in tomorrow morning! Nervous but excited.

Hi Cheryl!

Best of luck on your surgery tomorrow. I am feeling great - better everyday. I didn't go through any complications so far .... but I will tell you that when you first wake up from surgery, it is the toughest part. They will give you painkillers right away, and the first 2 days is second hardest. But I was able to get through it far better than I thought! Anyway, I am very excited for you. I was nervous too - but just remind yourself that the first few days are worth having a new life. :)

Hi All!

So here's my update. The first hour after waking up from the anesthesia was the hardest, but they took good care of me with painkillers. The first day was the second hardest - lots of nausea and I threw up once. They gave me great meds to deal with that too. I went home Saturday afternoon (my surgery was Friday morning the 20th). At home, I've had no issues. Just trying to get my fluids in, which takes some constant vigilance. I know this part gets better after my stomach heals and can hold more, but for now - it is sip sip sip as they say. :)

I am so happy I did this, praying that there are no complications (i've had none yet). To those who have not had the surgery yet, it's well worth those first two hard days. I know for some it is rougher and my heart and prayers go out to you. However, for me, I've been amazed at how well everything has gone so far.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

Patrice