Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is encouraging to read. I was so excited! Walking daily and ready to do everything the doctor said.......well its tough when the pounds come off slowly or stall.....I've been sitting at the same weight for two weeks. Super depressing but I'm a little encouraged after ready this thread.

I stalled when i started on solid foods for two weeks. I haven't had another stall since then and Im 4mths post op

I was a slow loser and I was frustrated at the time. 2 years post-op. I am thankful. I've lost 118lbs, wear a size 6, and I have minimal sagging skin. It's a blessing to be slow sometimes. I've had friends who've dropped it fast but they have so much sagging skin they aren't happy with the weight loss results. I've been slow and steady. I'm still losing and I'm feeling much better now that I threw out my scale. It depressed me and kept me mentally bound up. I focused too much on the scale going down instead of my clothes. Now I don't look. I get up and do all I can and then I push it some more. I feel around on my body and notice lumps are gone, belly almost completely flat and thighs are almost dissolved. Woo Hoo. Plus, like I said, I have a slight amount of sagging skin on my inner thighs that is noticeable to me only when I am naked but it seems to be getting better the more I lose. Throw out your scale and just keep going and going and going some more. Be as active as you can and look for the results in your clothes and how you feel. The weight will come off if you don't obsess about it and don't beat yourself up if the scales don't move.

Yes im glad for the slow weightloss ..Im too young for saggy skin lol

@@freezepop

Thank you! Exactly what are ketone strips as and how should they be used?

Very welcome:) They are litmus strips that measure the amount of ketones in your urine(you pee on them like a pregnancy test). If you are in ketosis they will be pink to deep purple. As long as you are in ketosis you are burning fat. They are with the glucometers in the diabetic section at the drug store. Sometimes behind the pharmacy counter. Around $11 for a container of 50. I use one every morning when I wake up just to keep me motivated and to warn myself when ive had a little to much fruit or other carbs.

@@freezepop<br> Thank you! Exactly what are ketone strips as and how should they be used?

They strips that you buy in the diabetic area of Walgreens/CVS/walmart. You pee on them!! If you are eating low carb and have used all your stored carbohydrates in your body your body will the start to use fat as it's primary source of energy. The byproduct of that process is ketones which the strips measure letting you know that you are burning fat for energy. You can learn about by reding a multitude of books most notable is Adkins new diet revolution or google it.

@@freezepop

Thank you! Exactly what are ketone strips as and how should they be used?

They strips that you buy in the diabetic area of Walgreens/CVS/walmart. You pee on them!! If you are eating low carb and have used all your stored carbohydrates in your body your body will the start to use fat as it's primary source of energy. The byproduct of that process is ketones which the strips measure letting you know that you are burning fat for energy. You can learn about it by reading a multitude of books ... most notable is Adkins new diet revolution or google it.

They strips that you buy in the diabetic area of Walgreens/CVS/walmart. You pee on them!! If you are eating low carb and have used all your stored carbohydrates in your body your body will the start to use fat as it's primary source of energy. The byproduct of that process is ketones which the strips measure letting you know that you are burning fat for energy. You can learn about by reding a multitude of books most notable is Adkins new diet revolution or google it.

Damn derrty just debo'd my reply lol

They strips that you buy in the diabetic area of Walgreens/CVS/walmart. You pee on them!! If you are eating low carb and have used all your stored carbohydrates in your body your body will the start to use fat as it's primary source of energy. The byproduct of that process is ketones which the strips measure letting you know that you are burning fat for energy. You can learn about by reading a multitude of books most notable is Adkins new diet revolution or google it.

Damn derrty just debo'd my reply lol

I was a slow loser and I was frustrated at the time. 2 years post-op. I am thankful. I've lost 118lbs, wear a size 6, and I have minimal sagging skin. It's a blessing to be slow sometimes. I've had friends who've dropped it fast but they have so much sagging skin they aren't happy with the weight loss results. I've been slow and steady. I'm still losing and I'm feeling much better now that I threw out my scale. It depressed me and kept me mentally bound up. I focused too much on the scale going down instead of my clothes. Now I don't look. I get up and do all I can and then I push it some more. I feel around on my body and notice lumps are gone, belly almost completely flat and thighs are almost dissolved. Woo Hoo. Plus, like I said, I have a slight amount of sagging skin on my inner thighs that is noticeable to me only when I am naked but it seems to be getting better the more I lose. Throw out your scale and just keep going and going and going some more. Be as active as you can and look for the results in your clothes and how you feel. The weight will come off if you don't obsess about it and don't beat yourself up if the scales don't move.

And also congrats on the loss .. very good job !

Went to the doctor today to get my blood pressure checked and some blood work done, I'm finally in the 180's!!!! Haven't seen the 180's in 15 years. Also, I fit a size large dress and I've been using the ketone strips and finally I'm back in fat burning mode. Thank everyone for your encouragement.

Went to the doctor today to get my blood pressure checked and some blood work done, I'm finally in the 180's!!!! Haven't seen the 180's in 15 years. Also, I fit a size large dress and I've been using the ketone strips and finally I'm back in fat burning mode. Thank everyone for your encouragement.

Congrats!

trish...you are still loosing even after two years...thats wonderful...and good news to me..I was thinking we stop loosing after 9 months or so....

congratulations.

Edited by hopeful2 be slim