Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery on Saturday 14th June the first two days didn't think about food at all. Now that I am home I am thinking and can't wait for these liquid and soft puréed food to be over so I can eat normally. But if before the surgery I was doing a diet I would break it and eat. at least the surgery is not letting me do that!

Currently am on just liquids and don't get hungry but just crave what ppl around me are eating... Is that happening with anyone else?

Yes, I was craving too for the first 2 weeks. I went straight to puree at day 3, that's my hospital's protocol, and hated that stage.

I remember craving cheese, pizza and strawberries. The cravings went away. When I was able to eat cheese, it just didn't taste

the same, it still doesn't. Strawberries still tastes good, thank God. Haven't had pizza yet, so not sure about that one. For some

reason, my tastebuds seem affected by the surgery. Foods that I used to love are just ok now, so no more cravings. I'm not sure if this happens to everyone or if it goes away, but it is what I am going through right now. It does get better though, the first month is the hardest. Hang in there.

I guess I'm really lucky, because for the most part, I don't crave a whole lot of what the rest of the family is eating (there are a few exceptions...french fries, tortilla chips...I crave salty foods) I just started my soft phase and learned that hamburger meat is a no-go for now :( That made me a little sad. But mostly, anything with a strong smell makes my stomach roil, and it's hard to have a craving for something that's making you physically nauseous.

It really wasn't too bad on puree, and it will hopefully be easier still now that I'm able to have soft foods. I still won't be eating the french fries and tortillas, but having more taste and texture in what I can have will hopefully curb any wants I have.

Yes the cravings go away-the first week it was all I could think about what I was missing-now I am ok I just focus on what I can eat

I haven't had my surgery yet (just started my pre-op diet), but I wanted to throw something out there regarding tastes changing. I asked my nut about it, and she said that happens when there's a zinc deficiency. Just thought that was interesting.....

I am on phase two until June 27. I was on the liquid diet for two weeks prior to surgery and now soft foods. I thought my first scrambled egg was the best thing I ever had! What I crave most is chewing something. I get excited when it is time to take my calcium citrate chews! Seriously! As far as tastes/smells.....my husband was frying bacon the other morning and I thought the smell was going to make me sick. Before I could have eaten a half a pound. How crazy is that!!

I miss food as well but notice the thought of eating makes my stomach turn. I force myself everyday and I'd love to just feel normal again. I can literally go days without eating and not care but I felt weakness creep in and started to take shakes again but I gag when I try to eat....it's a process for me...smh. Still getting use to a few things..

I had the same thing! I was staying with my sister just choking down Protein shakes and crystal light and sat next to her while she ate a big ole plate of lasagna. The smells just about did me in!! Its not like you can actually even eat it but you still want it! It does get easier. Someone mentioned that your tast buds change. So true. Things just aren't appetizing anymore. I have to force myself to even eat. I could go all day without eating.

I have not noticed any changes in taste, but my sense of smell has become very intense. For example, with my better sense of smell I have learned my pretend goody two shoe neighbors smoke dope. I doubt it was their 6 and 8 year olds. :)

I have not noticed any changes in taste, but my sense of smell has become very intense. For example, with my better sense of smell I have learned my pretend goody two shoe neighbors smoke dope. I doubt it was their 6 and 8 year olds. :)

Yes! My sense of smell has gone through the roof! My husband was teasing me about it because I told him the kitchen sink smelled bad and neither he or our son could smell anything! I am smelling like when I was pregnant with bad morning sickness!

Yes! My sense of smell has gone through the roof! My husband was teasing me about it because I told him the kitchen sink smelled bad and neither he or our son could smell anything! I am smelling like when I was pregnant with bad morning sickness!

Funny because I think our drain smells bad also. No one else smells it either. I can smell so much more than before the surgery. It is a big factor in my eating because the smell turns my stomach on most things.

I don't really miss anything or have any cravings. Well that is a lie. I tried some sausage and it made me barf. I miss sausage. But other than that the tumbler seems to be tolerating everything just fine. It's kind of freeing to know that if I want something I can only have a wee tiny bit and be done with it rather than to give into cravings and eat the whole plate/bowl/cake/etc.

That's cool guys... I'm craving potatoes and rice... Chips/fries haha. But can we have like two three chips after two months of the diet?

I'm nearly 4 months post surgery. I would love to eat a personal pan pizza from pizza Hut, but when I actually get a slice of pizza, suddenly the craving goes away. I might manage to eat the toppings, but I seriously do not want the bread part. I used to eat so much bread that it amazes me when I don't even pick up any when I go grocery shopping now.