Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you feel normal?

How long after surgery did you feel normal? (i.e. no aches or pains, energy, able to exercise like you did prior)

It took a few weeks for the pain from my incisions to really fade. From there it took another few weeks to really hit my stride. I didn't feel "normal" until I started eating regular foods again at about a month post op. I have found that if I don't eat at least 1000-1200 calories a day, I don't feel well in general, and a month after surgery is the time when I had worked back up to that amount. It's probably a little different for everyone though. Good luck with everything and congrats on your success so far :)

Can't wait...I'm 1 week post op. One month seems like forever, right now...lol! I'm looking forward to actually chewing...oddly, I miss that.

Recovery goes fast. Be patient and just rest, let your body heal and get used to your new silicone friend. I know that you miss chewing. I remember how heavenly it was to move from full liquids to mushies on day eight. I got to chew a six minute egg and grits! Oh! So sublime! Then it was mush, mush, mush until I had my first aftercare just a few days shy of a full month after my surgery date. By that point, I was literally BEGGING my NP to let me transition to solids. :lol: She laughed at me and gave me the go ahead, as long as I went slow.

Don't rush it. Remember, this month of healing is crucial for your band to settle in so that it can rock it's job. Hang in there. :D

Awesome...makes me feel better already :-). Grits sound sooo good, being a southern girl. I have to admit I'm so scared of food getting stuck. I had a moment yesterday when I took a couple sips of my Protein shake..and I felt it get stuck...I was apparently too swollen for it, plus had a big gas bubble pushing against it. It was painful! After 20 minutes, it went down and the gas came out. I just drank Water or clear juices for the next 12 hours. I can drink a shake fine today...I just can't imagine how horrible it must be to get actual solids stuck...I will be a chewing machine when that time comes!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches