Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my journey. Protein drink questions.

Hi Everyone!

I am at the start of my journey- I have had my pre-op stuff done, and I am getting ready for my psych-eval next week. We should be setting a surgery date soon after that.

I am very concerned about the Protein Shakes etc.

I have tried different ones off and on over the last few years. But they all make me sick to my stomach. I am not lactose intolerant (heavens knows I can eat ice cream!). SO I am looking for suggestions. I have been reading a lot, and people tend to recommend Unjury. Has anyone tried the Protein stuff from Celebrate? What do you think? Thanks!

I started my pre-op liquid diet this past week and I'm drinking the Premier Protein chocolate drinks and I think they are pretty good. I haven't tried any others yet. For the pre-op my Doc only gave me 4 options to choose from (Premier, Ensure, Slim Fast high Protein, and a bariatric powder that's only available online) and the Premier seemed to be the highest rated on the message boards so that's what I went with. I was planning on getting a mix of different types for post op to see what I liked the best for afterward. I'm curious to see what answers you get here!

I tried sooooo many Protein Drink post op and pre op, I threw so much money away. I could just not find the right one, until I tried Premier Protein in chocolate it's by far the best tasting. I fill my Protein shaker with ice then pour the shake in and I'm ready. It really is Delish! Low in sugar and calories and high in protein. You can find the big case at costco or smaller trial ones at Walmart, WinCo, etc and they also have them in vanilla and strawberry.

I to have tried the Premier Protein shakes. I think they taste good. They just make me sick to my stomach. So I am hoping to find one that tastes good and doesn't make me sick. Any ideas?

I am having a hard time with the Protein Drinks need some suggestion. The first one I got was in live chat getting PB2 Walmart powdered Peanut Butter and Torani flovor sugar free syrups that is used for coffee.< /p>

Hi :)

I read bout your shake..I just had a meeting with my new Nutri today and

she recommand the same to me.. (Unjury) she gave me 3 sample which is strawberry u can mix with Water or Lemonade, Vanilla u can mix with Milk or coffee..

Now I haven't try it which I will T/M n for sure I will keep u posted..

Good luck!!