Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This almost two years out

post-190351-14248855410805_thumb.jpg

Wow, that whole not having anything to drink for 36 hours was not fun. Oh yeah, the catheter was a pure joy as well.

Anybody recommend a good broth (the mercy west stuff was actually pretty tasty)?

Why our surgeon prescribes water/broth/jello only for one week post op when 95% of the rest of them say to start puree at day 3 is a mystery to me.

End of day six for me now and I am absolutely drained of energy, pale and generally am regretting life.

My doctor will have me on full liquids for 2 weeks.

You will feel better. I'm 8 1/2 mths out. You will feel that way for a little while. I was drained and no energy for weeks. It's a huge adjustment for your body. But hang in there it does get better!! 120 lbs lost since surgery and 170 total... you too can do it!

post-218536-14253521970732_thumb.jpg

I agree.. The first three to four weeks after surgery were probably the worst for me. I was so sick of drinking my meals..it felt like I would never be able to chew again. And the tiredness will hang on for a while. Your body has just gone through major surgery. I tried to think of it as a mini vacation and get as much R&R as I could get. But I don't regret any of it. I'm about 8 weeks out, 50 pounds gone and I feel wonderful. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Hang in there. It will get better :)

@@weasle mama... You look WONDERFUL!!! Great job :D

@@weasle mama... You look WONDERFUL!!! Great job :D

thanks so much! I feel wonderful!! :) you're doing great as well. 50 lbs in 8 weeks is fantastic good job

Mercy West Lakes (Dr. Smolik) in wdsm has support group tonight... 5pm. I really recommend it, it's a good group!!

Duffslove I have my surgery at 5 a.m. on Monday with Dr. LaMaster. How are you feeling? Any advice for me.

christylynn, congratulations on your surgery! I am going to be seeing Dr. Lamasters on tues for my 2 week post op..Ive ran into a few issues, but im very sure by reading a lot of the forums on here and my fitness pal that its pretty common. Had a lot of spasm pains, made it difficult to get my min fluids and Protein in and felt very slosshy from all the liquid, but it's nice that we have some more variety in what we take in at this time than a lot of surgeons give their VSG patients. Not sure if you have a food/exercise journal going yet but I love the one that my fitness pal has, you can look me up there if you'd like..and lots of good forums and discussions there also. Hope you're doing well, and hang in there if you are having any issues, it gets so much better in even a couple of days!!!

Christylynn, sorry i just saw that youre having it this Mon am(tomorrow) that is soooo exciting! main things, sip vey slowly, try room temp or warm fluids, walk as much as you can and make sure you use the incentive spirometer every hour or 2..walking helps the spasms and cramps quite a lot. im excited for you..Please update me with how youre doing after

Thank you. I will keep the room temp in mind with Fluid. And walking i am planning on setting an alarm for two your to remind me to walk. I hope your post up goes well. I have been using sparkpeople to record food and fluids. I am going to try to go the post op support group meeting on March 24. I think it might be helpful.

I am from Des Moines. My surgery is March 16 with Dr. LaMasters.

Happy surgery day! I hope it went well! Had mine on Feb 25 with Dr. L!

Friend me if you come back here!