Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everybody doing? I haven't been around much. I'm a FT college student and just finished with semester finals. Last week I had my scope and Dr Smolik found a hernia. I start my liquid diet on Tuesday (12/16). It's getting so close. I have to admit, I'm getting a little nervous. Last night I sat down with the binder I got from Mercy with all the information and instructions. I feel like there is so much to remember.

Nope...surgery is still scheduled for the 30th. Although I assume having the hernia repair will lengthen the actual procedure itself. Good luck to you as well. Sounds like we'll have alot to talk about in the next couple months :)

6 months out the 17th... starting weight of 339, surgery weight of 294, current weight of 188!!!

Now have to get the gallbladder taken out Friday by Dr. Smolik. Not feeling the greatest because of that, otherwise I'm feeling good!

Got my insurance approval last week! Excited to get scheduled. Hoping for mid to late february as my husband is having the sleeve done on 1/22. Dont want to be too close to his date since we have 2 kids to take care of.

@weasel mama - You will feel so much better without that gallbladder!

Edited by MSRezab

@@weasle mama

Congrats on your weight loss! Hope the gall bladder surgery went ok. Dr Smolik is doing my sleeve on Jan 13. Getting excited and nervous! I was reading my binder yesterday and I'm just hoping I do it all right. Im getting Premier Protien for pre op liquid diet and then for a few of the weeks post op. Im thinking I won't need a whole lot post op - correct?

Yes gallbladder went great thank you. I love dr smolik! Just remember you may like Premier Protein now but after your tastes do change... I still drink Protein drinks to be able to attempt to get all my protein in at 6 months out. You'll do great! If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

My surgery is March 24 with Dr. Smolik. I can't wait to get this done!

Sandra

Feb. 24th 2015 for me.

A little nervous, not so much about losing the weight but more about being able to keep it off forever. So many attempts have failed before and I know my will is not as strong as I'd like. With early heart disease on both sides of my family, I know I need to do this if I have any shot of seeing my little girls grow up.

Prayers and support welcome!

@MattVanD...big week coming up for you!! Sending prayers your way. Everything will be great. Dr Smolik is wonderful! How is everyone else doing? I was doing well until this week. 7 weeks out, 48 pounds down, but I've been coming down with some viral thing.. haven't gotten to the gym at all this week. Can't wait for Spring :/

How do you stay motivated? I had my surgery 11/5 and have only lost 30#. What am i doing wrong?

Where is all the fellas at? I'm in Sioux City and will be scheduling surgery for a 3rd time this coming week. The first 2 times I put it off because it just didn't feel right. After researching a little more, and realizing that this will be just the tool I need to finally get my butt in gear (since I love to work out), and move on to the next chapter in life, I am going to schedule a 3rd time. My problem is this, I LOVE TO EAT and contrary to popular belief, us men are emotional eaters...just ask my wife!

I am from Des Moines. My surgery is March 16 with Dr. LaMasters.

@MattVanD...big week coming up for you!! Sending prayers your way. Everything will be great. Dr Smolik is wonderful! How is everyone else doing? I was doing well until this week. 7 weeks out, 48 pounds down, but I've been coming down with some viral thing.. haven't gotten to the gym at all this week. Can't wait for Spring :/

Thank you, it is appreciated.

Check in at 5:30 AM tomorrow :blink:

Still a little nervous, but also anxious to see what I can become!

How do you stay motivated? I had my surgery 11/5 and have only lost 30#. What am i doing wrong?

@Jennyliz... I have 4 key goals I try to hit everyday...

• 64oz Water
  • 60 mg Protein
  • 700 calories
  • 30 minutes of exercise

I'm only 2 months out, so your numbers should be a little different. I'm losing about 2 pounds a week by following this as a guide. Keep working on it! Everyone progresses differently. You got this! ;)