Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a great new years resolution for you! Start now on getting rid of crap food... fried, breads, sugar, starches and it will be easier to stay away a couple months after surgery. That's the best advise I can give. Do it now so you know you can commit to the lifestyle change you eed to be successful after surgery. Who is your surgery with?

Hi Weasle Mama- Thanks for the response :)

Slowly but surely I've been trying to change my eating habits. I'm tracking all my food using the "MyFitnessPal" app and trying to stay within about 1250 calories per day. I'm drinking 64oz of Water everyday. My husband bought me a Fitbit and I'm also tracking my activity, although now with the weather, my numbers have been on the lower end. I need to come up with an alternative plan to walking outside.

I'm going to the Mercy Weight Loss and Nutrition Center. My surgeon is Dr. Smolik. So far, I've been really happy with them :)

Sounds like you're doing great! Yes, I love Dr smolik, that's who I go to. Also the support group meetings they have on the first Tuesday of the month are very beneficial as well if you ever want something extra for support. Great job, you'll do great!

@@TheBombMom congrats on getting your date. Mine is scheduled for Jan 13th!!! With Dr Smolik as well. Can't wait for this opportunity!!!

I'm trying very hard to change my eating habits now but having food remorse in a way. Nothing bad but still feeling like I need to have some of my favorite foods one last time. I am working on the Water though. That's tough so far. Any ideas on getting all the water in?

It has went really well, I'm really surprised that the liquid diet has not bothered me. How are things going for you?

@@crystalmaries I have been using Premier Protein and Kelloggs to go shakes, the Carnation Breakfast Essentials that the Dr, recommended did not agree with me at all. Lots of greek yogurt and unsweetened cinnamon applesauce. I am allowed Tomato Soup also but I can't face it anymore, I ate it once a day for the first 8 days. I am also allowed 1 Protein Bar a day and I usually eat Quest bars for that.

Edited by chip305

@@chip305 I hope that your surgery goes smoothly today!! Check in and let us know how you are doing!!!

I live in Des Moines and had my surgery Nov. 5th. Best thing I've ever done for myself.

I went through unity point weight loss. Dr.Cahalan. Listen to your surgeon and you'll do great! I still do Protein Shakes twice a day. The Premier Protein is what I use. It is a little cheaper through Amazon by the case. I'm told insurance will help with the cost. I'mstill trying to figure that out. Best of luck to you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

No i didn't because I bruised terribly all over my belly. I had to have blood transfusions because they had trouble getting me to stop bleeding. So, in answer to your question, no. I'm glad because giving myself shots did not look fun!

It's normal to be a little scared. It is a major surgery. But for me I am so grateful to have this chance to have a new life.