Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you hope to get smaller than your goal? Why or why not?

Sizes have changed so much since I was my smallest at 17 (35 now) that I have no clue what size I want to end up as. I know with vanity sizing my daughters vintage Calvin Klein size 8 skirt from the 80s is the same size as her size 2 and 4 that are new. All in all, I just want to look "normal" and healthy, to be able to shop pretty much wherever I want and to feel pretty.

"Skinny" is a loose term, and I use it all the time.....

But my goal, has always not been about weight, or BMI's...but about Body Fat %.....Body Fat, the root of all sickness and diseases with the obese - overweight.....gets into and clogs your arteries, restricting blood flow resulting in Cardiac and stroke risk, high body fat is also the leading cause of Type 2 Diabetes....
Someone once said that "Not all obese people are diabetics, but all Type 2 diabetics are overweight - obese" Can't confirm that remark, but I like it.....my Diabetes, and cardiac - circulation problems all went away after I lost weight.....

You don't have to be skinny to be healthy....you do have to have a low body fat %.....Professional Athletes can be measured as overweight by BMI's, yet have very low body Fat%'s and be healthy specimens....

People are always setting goals, as far as what they think their ideal weight should be...."When I reach that weight I'm going to stop".....when what they should be doing is seeing how much of their weight is comprised of fat....and worry about that #....

If a person weighs 300 lbs, and 50% of their weight is fat, that means 150 lbs is fat...and they need to focus on that 150lbs...not that you need or want to loose ALL your body fat, just get it down to a safe level, which varies by age, sex. etc....

Also, everyone is afraid of looking sickly....EAT YOUR Protein AND DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!!

Edited by B-52

I don't want to be skinny, I want to have some substance to me, toned and curvy, you know built like a brick ####house:-). I'm currently wearing a size 5 or 4 depending on how they're made and this is really where I want to stay. I also know a TT is in my future so once I get this taken care of I'm not sure what size I will be in and that really doesn't matter to me, I just want to be able to rock whatever I want and live life. I don't want my face to get so skinny that it looks like it's sinking in and sickly looking. With my big curly head of hair I would definitely look like a bobble head ;)

Edited by enjoythetime

I don't hope to get skinny, however, at times I wonder how low can I go just to see the model within HA! But as a tall and older chick, I would look scary and unhealthy and I don't want that. I love an ass that is a bit pronounced and curves like a brick house AW! So I guess, no to being skinny.

I'm a size 6 (most days of the month). I'd like to lose a little more, but I don't want to be "skinny." I LOVE me some muscles!

At my lowest adult weight of 140 I was wearing a 7/8. I had to work really hard to maintain at that weight, and I'm not sure I could get there again. Still, I've set that as my goal, but I'm not ruling out going lower if my body can get there AND maintain it without having to over-exercise or undernourish myself. My body type is curvier too, so I don't expect I'll ever be "stick-thin" because that's just not the way I'm made, but like @@LilMissDiva Irene said, I won't rule anything out. If my body could sustain a "curvy XS" than so be it! ;)

I don't want to be skinny per se, but I would be very happy any where from a size 8 to a 12. I was a 12 once and I looked amazeballs, so I know that an 8/10 would be even better. Other than that, what happens happens. I just want to be able to shop with my sister who is a size 9/11/13 depending. I want to wear super cute dresses and skirts and not have to pay up the ying yang for the 1 dress that looks cute on my body, what with my monster truck spare tire that I carry around.

My ideal size is 4. I was that when I lost weight. I felt and looked good. I'm short and small boned so it suits me.

@@B-52 good point! My body fat with my pics I just posted was 18%. I still could have lost a little more weight but for my age and sex I was well within healthy limits, but I was still overweight on the BMI scale. I don't tell everyone not to use the BMI scale though because it can easily become an excuse not to reach your full potential.

Edited by LilmissDiva Irene

Hmmm, I don't know. In my early thirties I was a 10/12 in most brands (Gap, ON, Eddie Bauer, Levi's) and I thought that was pretty skinny for me. Of course I wasn't able to maintain that weight so who knows what this round with RNY will bring for me. I'd like to be fit and strong and if that means a size 6, then I'll be just fine with that!

I know this has to be on everyone's mind, their final results. I did get very, very "skinny" post op VSG. I got down to a size 0... though my goal was only to get to a size 8. I said I'd be happy to be out of the double-digit pants (a very far cry from my largest size 28W!!) and honestly never imagined even getting that small. But I did and I blew right past a size 8. I kept telling myself that I never wanted to get too skinny, but I won't lie - the smaller I got the more I liked it. It's no secret I've gained some back, but now that I'm back on track I know I won't mind getting back into my size 0's again. In fact I have them hanging up outside my closet ready to be re-worn. I'm not that far away, time passes and pounds melt away.

How do you feel about getting "skinny"? Do you want to? It's okay to be open about it, we're all thinking the same things believe it or not. No matter which surgery we've individually had, we do all share majority of the same shames and struggles as each other.

B)

i will never be (*skinny or thin*)

but i will be healthy...

when you reached a point as i did (cant walk hardly, cant wipe your ass)

being skinny or thin doesnt really matter......healthy is what matters...and

by me doing that, i can walk, and hell yeah wear my sexy as f**k shoes again

its about health....in reality

I never been "skinny" so I don't look forward to it. I do look forward to being healthy and remain this way. I would like to get to my high school weight (which is 180) but at 191 and being healthy it alright with me. :D

@@☠carolinagirl☠ well sexy is even better so CHEERS! B)

When I was in the hospital this week everyone was calling me little Janie...Made me mad for some reason...A year ago they would have been cheering me on to lose and now it is hey little girl....So confusing sometimes...

I want to be slim but not too thin.. I never had a waist and no chest to speak of...And I see myself heading in the same direction.....

When surgery happens I will lose another 20-25 lbs of skin....I will be an 8...I'm 5'8"

I am so scared!!!!!!!!!

@RJ'S/beginning ohhh I'm so looking forward to when I can get my skin taken off. :) I might have to stalk you for a little while, hope that doesn't bother you. I'm scared too, so I feel you on that - but I'm more scared of not doing it!