Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

An NSV to B**ch about!

I'm almost 2 years out from surgery, and still losing in drips and dribbles, I've loved almost every aspect of having WLS. I've loved the smaller clothes, the CUTER clothes, the stares, the compliments, ALL of it!! EXCEPT! I would like to write a memo to the designers of pants, blue jeans in particular.

Dear Blue Jean Designer People,

I love your product! It is roomy, durable, comfy, can withstand multiple uses without washing, it truly is the universal napkin! My only complaint (and it really is quite a serious and big one) is pockets. I have gone from a 24 to a 4. My legs have shrunk, my thighs have shrunk, all of the junk in my trunk...has shrunk. HOWEVER, the items that I like to carry in my pockets...HAS NOT SHRUNK!! When I was a 24, I could happily carry my cell phone, my keys, chap stick, I'm convinced I could have even smuggled small animals and children in my jeans pockets. I loved it!! If I didn't want to carry it, I popped it in my pocket! My HANDS even fit in my pocket!! Now, I'm lucky if I can squeeze a toothpick and half a penny in the pockets that you make for the size of jeans I wear now. I am thouroughly disguisted! Yes, I AM SERIOUS! I cannot tell you how many times since wearing size 10 jeans and under I have left my cell phone somewhere, been left with parched dry lips because I didn't have/couldn't fit my chapstick in the tiny fold of fabric that you try to pass off as a 'pocket'. I have wasted at least 16 hours of my life digging for keys that are lost somewhere in the bottom of my gigantic purse while juggling groceries, and simotaniously sweating/freezing the death. I am convinced that you are now in cahoots with the purse industry. Since I have been able to buy smaller jeans, instead of being able to cherish the extra funds, I've had to spend it on Much. Larger. Purses. I'm onto you, and your shenannigans! Don't think that everyone is complacent about your lack of design and the sham that you are pulling! I have almost enough mind to cut out your 'pockets' and sew in my own!! I'm watching, I know, and I am spreading the word!! Give me my pockets back!!

Sincerely,

One Pocket Lovin' Lady

Luv this post! Never even noticed, but I just went to check my size 8 pockets. They do seem awfully small. I don't have any of the 22's I used to wear so I can't compare.

Not every NSV is positve! Thanx for pointing that out!

Congrats on the fantastic loss!

So true! I have been calling them fake pockets!

Pockets are definitely smaller. They seem to be only a couple inches deep. I don't put anything in them because the movement of walking pushes whatever it is right back out! :-p

So true! My phone doesn't fit in my pocket. Only a lip balm.

I know I am crossing over onto a sleeve sight but I have seen this NSV before but have no idea what it means...please help me out will ya?

I know I am crossing over onto a sleeve sight but I have seen this NSV before but have no idea what it means...please help me out will ya?

n

Non surgical victory. Meaning some other victory other than the surgery.

Non scale victory.

Non scale victory.

So sorry. Don't know how I forgot.

Bahahaha, this made me laugh. I never thought about it before but now I have been warned. I've actually invested in some cute wristlets for when I don't feel like carrying my purse. Just stick the essentials (phone, chapstick, ID, card/money, keys) in there and go!

:lol: :P :D

I hope I eventually get to a pair of jeans that small and have this problem. Right now I have jeans so tight I struggle keeping them up. And they are 16Ws! So anything with a single digit in the size will make me very happy for sure! I will be happy to carry a purse and adapt to the small pockets, thank you very much. :-)

thanks sooooooooooooooo much kata13

LOL! I read this as tongue in cheek. But, I guess if it really matters, it is important! I bet that your little pockets are there because the clothes are little, imagine the big pockets on little jeans, how funny looking that would be! Great NSV anyway!

Yay, something to look forward to.

My favorite jeans from Torrid in plus sizes have itty bitty pockets too. Maybe because they think it makes you look slimmer.