Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

<p>Had my surgery Wednesday the 23rd. Had to stay an extra day because of high blood pressure and could not urinate.I quit using the morphine because it made me nauseous. Pain level was very low except for the gas. Feel great today but still want to sleep. I think my biggest problem is going to be making myself eat and drink enough Water. Not hungry at all, just feel empty.</p> <p> </p> <p>My doctor told me a few days ago that I had lost enough weight so I could eat regular food again until the night before my surgery. He said that a persons stomach shrinks up so much on the liquid diet that he did not have much to work with. He told me he was experimenting with me to see if I could stretch my stomach out to near normal so that it would actually be an easier surgery procedure. After the surgery he came to see me and told me I had a perfect sleeve.</p>

Hey Mick!

How are you doing? I'm a week out today as well. So far I'm down a total of 19 lbs. Still having some gas pains and lots of tummy gurgling. I went back to work on Sunday, thinking I might have tried too soon.

Hey Mick!

How are you doing? I'm a week out today as well. So far I'm down a total of 19 lbs. Still having some gas pains and lots of tummy gurgling. I went back to work on Sunday, thinking I might have tried too soon.

Doing great. Lost ten this week. Still a little gas misery but not bad.

Yes, you may be pushing it a little.(Lot) I went to the group home that I run, Monday and haven't been back. Worried about when I can return to my job at fedex. Very fast paced.

I start out feeling no energy at all in the morning but much better in the evening after getting down a Protein shake and Soup.

Sick of liquids but my wife made me some really good Soup and the "Better Than Bullion" broth helps with a little flavor too.

sugar free popsicles give me something to actually chew on.

It is staying in the hundreds everyday out here on the left coast so not walking at all. Just got the treadmill uncovered and will be on it tonight, Lord willing.

Can't sleep at night much for some reason. Got my days and nights mixed up I guess. :)

Hearing how you and others are doing helps too even though I am much older than most of you.

Lord Bless

Edited by mick

Hey Mick!

Doing great. Lost ten this week. Still a little gas misery but not bad.

Yes, you may be pushing it a little.(Lot) I went to the group home that I run, Monday and haven't been back. Worried about when I can return to my job at fedex. Very fast paced.

I start out feeling no energy at all in the morning but much better in the evening after getting down a Protein shake and Soup.

Sick of liquids but my wife made me some really good soup and the "Better Than Bullion" broth helps with a little flavor too.

sugar free popsicles give me something to actually chew on.

It is staying in the hundreds everyday out here on the left coast so not walking at all. Just got the treadmill uncovered and will be on it tonight, Lord willing.

Can't sleep at night much for some reason. Got my days and nights mixed up I guess. :)

Hearing how you and others are doing helps too even though I am much older than most of you.

Lord Bless

Don't feel alone, I'm still having gas as well... Go figure! I've been having creamed Soups, liquid drinkable yogurts, sherbet, Protein shakes, crystal light, almond milk etc. another week and I get apple sauce, puréed foods, can't wait for the change. Although I can't get down more than an ounce at a time. Now Mick, I'll be 50 September 1... So I'm no spring chicken either! Lol sorry to hear your not sleeping well, for once I am not having that problem! It's been really hot and humid here in Texas as well. Keep moving forward, your doing great!

Don't feel alone, I'm still having gas as well... Go figure! I've been having creamed Soups, liquid drinkable yogurts, sherbet, Protein shakes, crystal light, almond milk etc. another week and I get apple sauce, puréed foods, can't wait for the change. Although I can't get down more than an ounce at a time. Now Mick, I'll be 50 September 1... So I'm no spring chicken either! Lol sorry to hear your not sleeping well, for once I am not having that problem! It's been really hot and humid here in Texas as well. Keep moving forward, your doing great!

Thanks, TJ. Sounds like we are eating the same stuff except the crystal light which I usually drink a lot of. I am drinking ISO Pure Grape Mist in an effort to get enough Protein and Water. I freeze it and eat it with a spoon. I guess I pretty much eat/drink everything with a spoon so i don't take in too much at a time. I like to semi freeze my Protein Shakes and do them the same way.

BTW my mom lives in Odessa.

I am sleeping well just not my normal schedule. :)

Great day today. Hope yours is too.

:)

OMG!!!! When I woke up from surgery I felt like I was hit by a truck, gas on my chest and shoulders was like nothing I ever experienced. Walking helped a lot

Good Luck! It gets better after the first few tough days! Ask for the gas meds. , walk like crazy, and a heating pack helped the gas pains in my shoulder!

I am a little over a week out now. Sleeve date was July 22nd. The first few days are the worst and it seems everyone has different issues. I felt like I was hit by a truck muscle pains everywhere but no nausea at all. Everyday I've gotten a little better and am up and around. I was just wondering what kind of Protein Shakes are you guys drinking. I have Unjury unflavored which I can taste in milk. Any yummy suggestion while still in the all liquid stage? Becca

Rebecca I was wondering the same thing. I have muscle milk light but it's to sweet for me. I'm trying to look for something not to sweet.

I am a little over a week out now. Sleeve date was July 22nd. The first few days are the worst and it seems everyone has different issues. I felt like I was hit by a truck muscle pains everywhere but no nausea at all. Everyday I've gotten a little better and am up and around. I was just wondering what kind of Protein Shakes are you guys drinking. I have Unjury unflavored which I can taste in milk. Any yummy suggestion while still in the all liquid stage? Becca

I am a little over a week out now. Sleeve date was July 22nd. The first few days are the worst and it seems everyone has different issues. I felt like I was hit by a truck muscle pains everywhere but no nausea at all. Everyday I've gotten a little better and am up and around. I was just wondering what kind of Protein shakes are you guys drinking. I have unjury unflavored which I can taste in milk. Any yummy suggestion while still in the all liquid stage? Becca

Rebecca, I am no help to you. I can't stand the Protein Shakes anymore. I lived on them during the pre op diet, and now I can't stomach any of the ones I've tried. Muscle milk, Atkins, Body Fortress, and Bariatric Advantage have all been gross to me. They make me gag.

Hey CandyPants81, how are you? When was surgery? Mine was July 18th. I just started Protein Shakes on Tuesday and I cannot stand them either. I lived on Bariatric Advantage for two weeks pre op and now I am unable to bring the glass to my mouth. I'm in the pureed stage and just want to eat cream of wheat. How does someone drink 64 ozs of Water, shakes etc, unless you get up at 6 am and keep at it until 10pm at night. I'm exhausted by the process. I can't hold anymore fluids and I refuse to puree eggs, yuck! How many grams of Protein are you getting?

July 21 was my date, so far so good but I am ready to hopefully advance to the puréed diet since I am more of a savory guy. I still feel a little nervous about the results just because anatomically I don't feel much change other than not being able to take in all my liquids.< /p>

Btw I am down almost 40 lbs since July 7.

I think I have hit the 3 week plateau/1 pound weight gain, but I wanted to double check I have my numbers on things all right. I posted this as it's own threads but I did not get a lot of great answers so I am just trying "Julyers."

Is it 60-80 grams of Protein a day?

64oz of Water but do Protein Shakes count towards that number ?

1000-1200 calories a day? (I am only 4' 10")

Is there a fat, carbs, to Protein ratio or anything? Using my fitness pal to track my calories, carbs, protein, fat . . .

Is their a maximum amount of carbs/sugar per Protein Shake? I had to stop Bariatric Fusion because I could not take it post surgery.

30 minutes no liquids before eating and 45 minutes post eating?

No more than 4oz of protein shake or protein Soup at a time to avoid stretching stomach?

At least 30 minutes of cardio a day?

Any certain amount of fruits or vegetables?

Anyone have any tips? Just discouraged! I am just about to get below 200 and have lost about 30 pounds since surgery so being stuck is playing a mental game.

I think I have hit the 3 week plateau/1 pound weight gain, but I wanted to double check I have my numbers on things all right. I tried to post this as it's own thread but did not like the responses I got. Hopefully, July sleeveers can be more helpful.

Is it 60-80 grams of Protein a day?

64oz of Water but do Protein shakes count towards that number ?

1000-1200 calories a day? (I am only 4' 10")

Is there a fat, carbs, to protein ratio or anything? Using my fitness pal to track my calories, carbs, protein, fat . . .

Is their a maximum amount of carbs/sugar per protein shake? I had to stop Bariatric fusion because I could not take it post surgery.

30 minutes no liquids before eating and 45 minutes post eating?

No more than 4oz of Protein Shake or protein Soup at a time to avoid stretching stomach?

At least 30 minutes of cardio a day?

Any certain amount of fruits or vegetables?

Anyone have any tips?

Just discouraged! I am just about to get below 200 and have lost about 30 pounds since surgery so being stuck is playing a mental game.

Edited by MB40buf

I'm totally there with you, I'm 7 weeks post op (a June sleever) and the 3 week plateau did come with a pound or two weight gain and nooooo weight loss for a week. Here is week 7 and I've gained 2 pounds! Here we go again. Booooo!

I'm right with you in calories too, I hear about ppl who can BARELY stomach 600 calories, I'm between 800 - 1100. I'm 5'8". While your caloric intake is higher than others at your stage, you aren't eating enough to GAIN weight.

Your Protein looks good, Water is good (I'm not doing well in the Water intake department), exercise looks good.

Remember, you will hear this throughout this site and the SAME thing happened to me with my first stall, getting into 'onederland' sometimes takes a while. My first stall at 3 weeks I was at 201 and stuck like Chuck. One week later I lost 4 pounds! We have different set points, maybe this is yours.

I am now stuck again at 7 weeks, same issues as first stall and even though I know it will pass I am discouraged. But stalls come and go from what I hear, so we better get used to it. Just keep truckin' along and stay positive. :D

Sorry my post was entered twice...

Edited by Jealbaroma

Hello July .. I am actually August 4 th, but hoping to get some feedback.. I have been on my pre-op for 11 days..surgery Monday. On sunday i am doing all clear liquids..but obviously Protein Drinks are not "clear"... Did any of you do Isopure Protein, and do you think that would be ok for day before surgery?