Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for July Sleevers!

Hi everyone - My name is Carol and I just signed up for this site today....I'm starting to get nervous about my surgery.

I started this process so long ago and each time lost my insurance during the process - the last time was back in February when I was about 5 months into my "diet" and lost my insurance - I was lucky to be able to pick up insurance from my job and found out they didn't require the 6 month diet - So I was able to start from that point on with a new Surgeon.

That was April 3rd and I've been on the fast track to get this done - I'm cleared for everything so far.

I was a smoker and stopped a few weeks ago.....I got too nervous that I actually bought tests from Amazon to make sure that all the metabolytes from the nicotine will be out of my system by my PAT.

So, the last time I was at the surgeon - the girls up front said that my tentative date was July 16 - but then went I went back in on June 26th to sign my paperwork - doc told me that she doesn't have the OR on that week so either I could have it the 9th or the 23rd.....well...she didn't have to say it twice...I went for the 9th.

Now I'm in my "clear liquids" only and I'm set for Monday, July 7th for my PAT and surgery on the 9th.

But now I'm getting nervous....I'm praying that 3 weeks is enough to get all the chemicals out of my body and I don't come up positive for nicotine. The test I purchased through Amazon is a urine test - but my surgeon said that she is doing a blood test to search for it. First off....NO I'm not going back to smoking...I'm enjoying being able to taste and smell again! I also have been mixing my Isopure non-flavored Protein Powder in 1/2 cranberry juice, 1/2 Water to try and flush it out. Has anyone else had to deal with this?

Also, it's kinda morbid...but I also wanted to know if it's common to have your Living Will prepared and brought with you before surgery? I know I'm being paranoid but hell...I don't want to be kept alive on machines if anything bad happens.

*hugs

@@nursecruz73 Christine, I sent you a friend request. :)

I start my liquid diet on July 8th, but I'm considering starting on the 7th just because it's a Monday and it makes it easier for me to keep straight in my mind. Are you on all liquids? What's your pre op diet look like?

@candypants81....I just got a call and they moved me up to July 18!!!!

I start my liquid diet this Saturday. She said I can have clear liquids: broth, Jello, sugar free popsicles. I had thought we could have Protein Shakes but it doesn't sound like it.

She was going to email me over the list. How about you?

I started my pre op on Monday, I can have Protein Shakes, skim or low fat milk,sugar free Jello, pudding, yogurt as long as its light and plain or vanilla, strained Soups or broth. Good luck ladies.

@nursecruz73 That is SO exciting. Wow! I would check with your doc's office and make sure they don't want you to have Protein Shakes sometimes. My surgeon recommends that I have 3 Protein shakes per day, plus unlimited broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles and greek yogurt.

Two weeks on all liquids!!! Yikes!

I started my pre op on Monday, I can have Protein Shakes, skim or low fat milk,sugar free Jello, pudding, yogurt as long as its light and plain or vanilla, strained Soups or broth. Good luck ladies.

Lisa, your diet and mine sound very similar. Did your surgeon specify a particular kind of shake?

I am also scheduled for July 9th. Pre-op appt is tomorrow.

I'm so nervous!!

I'm July 9th-started by pre-op diet on 6/27.

Keystone -health plan east PA

Nervous but ready!

@@StarAnge13 I can only imagine how tough it must be to stop smoking at such a "stressful" time in your life. I say stressful because I know when I was a smoker, anytime I got scared or nervous I wanted a cigarette. I stopped smoking in 2012 cold turkey, and have not had one puff since (although I did dream about it the other night). I would think that as long as your surgeon knows that you stopped smoking, the nicotine levels in your blood should be enough for them to tell how long ago you smoked. Maybe. Lol. I don't know.

I am also scheduled for July 9th. Pre-op appt is tomorrow.

I'm so nervous!!

I'm July 9th-started by pre-op diet on 6/27.

Keystone -health plan east PA

Nervous but ready!

@@Bridget1103 Awesome another PA native....and I'm also KHPE insurance. Congrats!

@@MerMer30 ----- woo hoo it seems we are all scheduled for exactly 1 week away!

@@StarAnge13 I can only imagine how tough it must be to stop smoking at such a "stressful" time in your life. I say stressful because I know when I was a smoker, anytime I got scared or nervous I wanted a cigarette. I stopped smoking in 2012 cold turkey, and have not had one puff since (although I did dream about it the other night). I would think that as long as your surgeon knows that you stopped smoking, the nicotine levels in your blood should be enough for them to tell how long ago you smoked. Maybe. Lol. I don't know.

@@CandyPants81 ---- I was surprised that it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be...I knew how much I wanted this surgery and with all the stuff I had to put up with getting here...I wasn't going to let smoking for the past 30 years stop me. I did do the Vapor Pen with 0MG of nicotine and carry it around with me but I don't even reach for it much anymore. Now I am addicted to sugar free lifesavers! hahahahaaa - I did tell the surgeon's office that I had nicotine and I'm hoping that they remember that. :-)

JULY 14 !!! Cant wait for the day. I am having my procedure in Mississippi. I am now on my 2nd day or 14 liquid diet. Oh the first day was terrible but I am feeling much better today.

Hi everyone - My name is Carol and I just signed up for this site today....I'm starting to get nervous about my surgery. I started this process so long ago and each time lost my insurance during the process - the last time was back in February when I was about 5 months into my "diet" and lost my insurance - I was lucky to be able to pick up insurance from my job and found out they didn't require the 6 month diet - So I was able to start from that point on with a new Surgeon. That was April 3rd and I've been on the fast track to get this done - I'm cleared for everything so far. I was a smoker and stopped a few weeks ago.....I got too nervous that I actually bought tests from Amazon to make sure that all the metabolytes from the nicotine will be out of my system by my PAT. So, the last time I was at the surgeon - the girls up front said that my tentative date was July 16 - but then went I went back in on June 26th to sign my paperwork - doc told me that she doesn't have the OR on that week so either I could have it the 9th or the 23rd.....well...she didn't have to say it twice...I went for the 9th. Now I'm in my "clear liquids" only and I'm set for Monday, July 7th for my PAT and surgery on the 9th. But now I'm getting nervous....I'm praying that 3 weeks is enough to get all the chemicals out of my body and I don't come up positive for nicotine. The test I purchased through Amazon is a urine test - but my surgeon said that she is doing a blood test to search for it. First off....NO I'm not going back to smoking...I'm enjoying being able to taste and smell again! I also have been mixing my Isopure non-flavored Protein powder in 1/2 cranberry juice, 1/2 Water to try and flush it out. Has anyone else had to deal with this? Also, it's kinda morbid...but I also wanted to know if it's common to have your Living Will prepared and brought with you before surgery? I know I'm being paranoid but hell...I don't want to be kept alive on machines if anything bad happens. *hugs

I really enjoyed reading and learning about you! I'm on July 9th too. I started today on only liquids. Gotta make it through the weekend which is going to be hard. BBQs are my favorite! So we got a week to get through. Wish you the best of luck!! Let's keep in touch!

My surgery is July 21st. I start my pre op diet on Monday July 7th. It's the Optifast Protein Shakes, bars and Soups. I am a little nervous about it but I know I have to push through it to get to the other side.

Does anyone know the calorie limit for the two weeks while doing the Protein Shakes? My surgeon wants me to have three per day, but I didn't ask my calorie limit. I would like to mix with unsweetened almond milk and add a small amount of natural Peanut Butter.