Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my 4th fill yesterday. This was also my 6 mo appt. I'm done about 30 pounds. (10 pounds since my last fill). I had 1cc put in, so I'm up to 6 cc. I still don't feel "green" yet, because I still get hungry between meals a lot, and don't aways feel full after the portion I'm supposed to eat.

2 questions:

1. I passed out during my fill yesterday. As soon as he put the needle in I started getting dizzy and hot. By the time he was done with the fill I was out! This never happened to me before during a fill, but the doctor said it's normal. Has this happened to anyone before?

2. Why does the doctor say to only do liquids after the fill, then soft, the solid etc. Why can't I eat right after a fill?

I've never heard of anyone passing out, but I guess it could be as much anxiety as anything and maybe you vagaled. As for why you can't eat is because with a fill you usually have a little swelling around the band and you don't want to stress the band site. You do liquids to rest the band. alot of times people say they don't feel the fill for a few weeks. How long are you staying full after you eat and are you sure its hunger and not head hunger. I'm a grazer and have to pay very close attention to this as usually, its not really hunger though it presents itself that way. Also, the idea isn't to feel full but to feel satisified. We train ourselves all of our lives to fill up as much as we can and most of the times we miss the signals that our body sends to say we've had enough.

and let me tell you do NOT make the mistake of eating after a fill....last fill I got, that next morning I was going to eat some yogurt so I could take my meds, well the yogurt had small pieces of peaches in them, it got stuck and I was MISERABLE for about 3 hours....I'll never ever do that again....

Did you not ask your Doctor? Before my surgery I had to go thru a class with his nurse on the do's and dont's of Lapband and was also given written instructions about what I should eat after a fill.

Bama53- Yes of course I talked to my doctor about the foods I can and can't eat. My question for the group was shy I could not eat directly after a fill.

SandyM- The swelling aspect of it makes sense. I never really thought of that. I guess I should have worded feeling "full" better. I felt like I was eating more then I should have been eating at a meal. I explained to the doctor how much I was eating and he agreed. Grazing is hard. I somehow got completely away from that (thankfully). I eat 3 meals a day and one snack between lunch and dinner. Something about 3-4:00 every day that just has me hungry.

Ablond- Thanks for sharing your experience! I will be sure to stay away from cheating after a fill