Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-OP starts Monday June 9th- anyone else?

I'm enjoying the last of my food funerals and getting ready to shop tomorrow for all of my pre-op foods! shakes, oatmeal, applesauce, broth, SF popsicles, SF pudding, yogurt, SF Jello, and raw veg. yum!

Anyone else getting ready to launch the final leg before surgery on Monday? I would love some buddies to converse with when i have a craving meltdown!!!!

My final leg starts tuesday! 2 weeks but I cannot eat oatmeal or applesauce ect..... I can only have all liquids. Oh gosh I hear you as far food funerals and cravings, but we have to keep in mind why we are doing this right? :wacko: I would happy to be your buddy. If you would like to friend me please do and i will do the same.

I do a lot of work on my computer so easy to find to reach out to when and if. my name is Pamela. Talk soon :)

Hi, I started my 2 week pre op liquid diet on June 9th. Lucky you to have food… I can only have liquid diet. I started with the Protein shakes. I do 3 a day. I can’t take the sweet so I started with Protein Soup. I doctor it up with a little salt and pepper. I have lost 7.5 lbs. in 4 days. Good luck and glad to keep in touch to see how we progress. :)

i am shopping today. i am also trying to fill the house with foods for the entire time from my pre-op through 2 wks post-op for my family so i won't have to worry about cooking too much for them!

I don't officially start until NEXT Monday so this week I'm doing shake Meal Replacement once a day at the beginning of the week and moving towards all-liquid. Still waiting for my shake samples to come in the mail too!

I start my liquid only diet on Thursday and am surviving the pre-op diet. Surgery is scheduled for Saturday and I'm super excited. I've been reading up on the Vitamins that will need to be taken post-op and getting myself all worked up about it.

It's nice to know others are having the same surgery at about the same time!

Hello

My date is june 30th!

I believe my diet begins next monday. I am going to be on vacation day 7-10 of my pre op diet, hope i dont cheat too bad

Hi all! I start my pre-op diet on 6/17. I thought it would be all shakes, but I just got the info from my nut yesterday and it includes more than that. I have 2 shakes a day, plus light yogurt, sugar free Jello & pudding, light cottage cheese, broth, sugar free popsicles. The nut told me that the first couple of days will be rough, but it will get easier. I met with my surgeon afterwards, and he chuckled and said that the pre-op diet will be much harder than after surgery, because after surgery I won't really be hungry. So, I figure if I can get through the pre-op diet I can do anything! LOL!

I am also dealing with food funerals, but I'm trying not to overdo. I'll have things I know I won't be able to eat for quite awhile, but not in mass quantities like I might have in the past. I've made up a section of my kitchen to keep "my stuff" (Protein powders, RTD shakes, puddings/jellos, broth, cream Soups, etc). I really like your idea, @@mi75 , of stocking the house with pre-made meals for the family during this time. I told my husband he'll need to take some responsibility for meals for a little while & let me know what he wants in the house. I am going to make a giant pot of homemade meat sauce and freeze it, so that he can make spaghetti for him and the little guy pretty easily. Maybe I'll make some casseroles to freeze this weekend too just to get them ready. I'd rather not have to do any cooking for a little while. :)

I hear you mamaBear, don't want to have to much after I get home.

My birthday is tomorrow and so last night my family took me out for my favorite food and last dinner, Sushi! Started my 2 week pre-op liquid this morning. surgery is on the 25th.

I am also making meals to freeze for my hubby and my girls 13, 15 years of age. They both asked for Mac and cheese I found the panera bread recipe and it is soooo good, bacon and cheese quiche. I am also making a pot of my sauce so they can have Pasta and meatballs which I am also making and freezing, already made chicken cutlets which I cut up into strips. Once night they can have Breakfast for dinner, and one night pizza. DONE. lol Good luck to you! talk soon

Edited by 630racoon

Hi Everyone. I just joined today and I am glad that I did. There is so much too learn, but I am ready to make this LIFE STYLE CHANGE.... It is important for me to be around as long as possible. I too started the pre-op liquid diet today. It hasnt been hard and I have been trying to get one Protein shake down since this morning. It has a great taste, but is too sweet for me. My surgery date is also scheduled for June 25th. I am not nervous, just anxious to start the beginning of my new life. I started this journey (3) months ago weighing 314lbs. Today I weigh 300lbs, and this liquid diet that I have to be on for two weeks should help with maybe another 5-10 pounds. I am excited just off the weight lose before the surgery. I wish you all great success and I would like to stay in touch as well to see how eveyone is doing on the pre-op diet :-)

I started my preop diet in Monday! I get three shakes and one lean cuisine, weight watchers or healthy choice meal per day. Today has been easier than the last two days. Surgery is on the 25th. Good luck to all!

Pre op starts in the morning.......excited.....

I feel lucky

5 Protein Shakes or bars a day plus one small meal of a Protein and veggies? Plus 48 oz of Water

Wish me luck

I am so weak, but this seems a lot better than some i have seen