Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please tell me it's normal to cheat on pre-op diet?!

I'm on day 2 of my three week preop. This isn't fun but I can't stand another day of being this weight. Where are the dudes at on here?!

I'm on day 2 of my three week preop. This isn't fun but I can't stand another day of being this weight. Where are the dudes at on here?!

I'm a new dude here. Just starting the process. Looking forward to sharing/learning more.

Hey Guys, First off let me tell each of you THANK YOU so much for responding to the thread I created. Even if you offered some "blunt" encouragement, it was encouragement none the less. I look forward to figuring out bariatric-pal more, and following each of you on your journey!

I am 3 weeks post op, and just wthin the past couple days I have started to feel back to my normal self (no more sharp pains at the port incision, no pain bending over, etc). My physican does not to a first fill until 6 weeks. I have lost 20 lbs now since the preop diet. PRETTY EXCITED! I love love love my protien shakes, and I have ventured into soft foods. ALL is well! This is real now, no more cheating... but I wouldn't be human if it didn't cross my mind. I am super hungry, so I am looking forward to that fill in a couple weeks.

Hope to see you all in other forums on here. Thanks again!

OMgosh, glad someone likes these damn Protein Shakes. LOL

Chike.

Edited by wonderpooh2u

Congratulations on your success so far!

God I'm so tempted it's torture seeing people eat and I'm avoiding shops at all costs!!!!! I just keep thinking to myself how worth it this all is. It's only two weeks for something that will change your life!!!' Good luck!!!

Hey guess what, no one is perfect. Not even the people who didn’t cheat. The doctors aren’t stupid as they know most people won’t be able to stick to the pre op 100%. The goal is to shrink your liver so do the best you can and take one day at a time. This is an ongoing battle and journey. You can do this, just believe in yourself and reach out when you need some encouragement.

Edited by Lady Lap Band

Little cheats happen. I think that surgeons know that they will and build them in to the pre op plan. I ended up eating raw almonds a few times and one day, for some inexplicable reason, in the last week of my pre op, (mine was three weeks) I lost my sh*t, grabbed a pound of sliced deli turkey we had just picked up at the store, that day and stood over my kitchen sink and grubbed down every morsel as if I were a starving refugee. If I thought I could digest it, I'd have probably eaten the bag, too. :lol:

A little part of me feared that my idiotic stunts would hurt me, but everything was fine. I lost nine pounds on my pre op and my surgeon was able to place my band.

Oh Icy One, that cracked me up!!! I feel ya for sure. I did my best too and wasn't perfect but all we can do is our best.

For those who made it through exactly as told I think is great. I personally don't think the little antics ruin anything but can not be used for a free for all either. I cheated with some grilled chicken and never felt guilty. My husband cheated so much I couldn't even watch him and although our surgeon said he would sew us back up everything turned out okay.

Colleen

My tid bit is to remember the pain of surgery and recovery. Remember how hard the pre-op diet was because I believe we have to have great respect for this band. My first band was very successful but I did not respect it. I ate around it because I couldn't adjust to not eating and enjoying like those around me. Still I lost all my weight and maintained it for 5 years. Then I got cocky and got the band out. I gained almost all the weight back. Now I was just banded again May 15. This time it is different. I am committed to the rules of eating. Surgery was painful and I am remembering that this time as a motivator to have respect. I am losing slow but I will get to 130 pounds again because living there was so sweet and I was happy.

Hi Bulawookie!

I was surprised reading you had the band removed. How come?

Colleen