Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone! My name is Carol and I will be leading the Pittsburgh Chapter. I look forward to meeting my fellow Pittsburgers and getting to know all of you!
I had my Sleeve surgery on Dec 19, 2013 and I LOVE it. I am currently down about 57 pounds. My personal goal is to lose between 80 and 100 pounds when all is said and done. I had my Surgery at McGee Womans Hospital by Dr. Carol McCloskey.

I will be working on getting a space for us to meet in the next couple of weeks. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! I want to make myself available to you, so you can email me at cmb73@live.com if you have any questions that you might not want to post here.

So....where is everyone?!

Not quite pittsburgh but close. I am scheduled for my first appt. next week. I am going through Hope Bariactrics in Sewickley. Just wanted to say hi.

Hi. I had the band placed In October 2013 by dr Mccloskey at Magee. I am down 65 pounds but at a bad spot. Plateaued for 4 months. Would love support group. I'm from north of Pittsburgh past fox chapel

I'm north in Armstrong county. I had my sleeve done in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Illan on 4/4/14. I am down 29 lbs and 25 inches!

Not quite pittsburgh but close. I am scheduled for my first appt. next week. I am going through Hope Bariactrics in Sewickley. Just wanted to say hi.

Hi Crosby! I am so excited for you as you begin your journey. We will be having meetings all over the Pittsburgh area so I hope you will be able to join us. In the meantime, if you have any questions, we are here for you!

Hi. I had the band placed In October 2013 by dr Mccloskey at Magee. I am down 65 pounds but at a bad spot. Plateaued for 4 months. Would love support group. I'm from north of Pittsburgh past fox chapel

Hi There! Is't Dr. McCloskey THE best?! Magee was awesome, all the people there were amazing. How long were you in the hospital?? The Stalls really stink but you have to keep your head in the game and remember this is a process. Your body will catch up!

I'm north in Armstrong county. I had my sleeve done in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Illan on 4/4/14. I am down 29 lbs and 25 inches!

BrandNew! How are you? I would LOVE to hear about your experience in Mexico. I know so many people that don't have insurance but are very nervous about going to Mexico. I am sure you would be able to help them a lot!

I am willing to travel almost anywhere to have a meeting. So, if any of you have any ideas on where we might be able to hold on please let me know. I have my 6 month appointment with Dr McCloskey in a couple of weeks so I am going to ask her about having one at the hospital.

Hope you all have an awesome day. I am running a Golf outing tomorrow so I am finishing up some last minute things and will be enjoying the company of my family that is in town from NJ. Get out there and enjoy the gorgeous weather!!!

Hello I am so excited I have been patiently waiting for a pittsburgh group. I to live to the north of pittsburgh and had my surgery at Magee with Dr Ramanathan. I have lost 61 lbs with the band and I'm coming up on my 1 yr anniversary in July. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!!!

Hello I am so excited I have been patiently waiting for a pittsburgh group. I to live to the north of pittsburgh and had my surgery at Magee with Dr Ramanathan. I have lost 61 lbs with the band and I'm coming up on my 1 yr anniversary in July. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!!!

So happy you found us! Sounds like you are doing really well! We will all get together soon.

Hey Crosby- had my RNY at Hope Bariatrics in Sewickley. Had Dr. Felix. What a wonderful experience. Am so glad I had the procedure. RNY 2-27-14 down 55 pounds.

Hey Crosby- had my RNY at Hope Bariatrics in Sewickley. Had Dr. Felix. What a wonderful experience. Am so glad I had the procedure. RNY 2-27-14 down 55 pounds.

Cool.. Good to hear. I meet the surgeon next week. Not sure which it will be.

Hi I am from Ohio and also had my surgery on 1/30/14 by dr McCloskey. The hospital and her staff are great. I am going for my 6 month appointment tomorrow. Starting weight 254 current weight 167. If you are still having meetings I'd love to join. Would be great to meet with people who share my same experience and get some tips.

Hi I am from Ohio and also had my surgery on 1/30/14 by dr McCloskey. The hospital and her staff are great. I am going for my 6 month appointment tomorrow. Starting weight 254 current weight 167. If you are still having meetings I'd love to join. Would be great to meet with people who share my same experience and get some tips.

Hi Spazdd!

We haven't had a meeting yet. I must admit that I have dropped the ball a bit. If you have any suggestions as to where we might have our first meeting please let me know. Good luck at your appointment today. If you have the chance to tell the staff about our group, please do.

Here is a question to the group....I know we are all spread out, but if you had to pick one of these locations for our first get together, which would you choose...

Oakland

Robinson

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to see this post this morning.

I am from the Pittsburgh area. I live in West Mifflin, right down the street from Kennywood Park. I had my surgery one year ago at Magee with Dr. McCloskey. I would love to join your group. I am more convenient to the Oakland area but Robinson is not too far away either.

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to see this post this morning.

I am from the Pittsburgh area. I live in West Mifflin, right down the street from Kennywood Park. I had my surgery one year ago at Magee with Dr. McCloskey. I would love to join your group. I am more convenient to the Oakland area but Robinson is not too far away either.

Hi Lorie!!!

I go to West Mifflin frequently. My husband and I are always at Hot Metal Harley and the Hot Metal Diner. Looks like we have a few of Dr McCloskey patients. I just referred my friend to her too. I absolutely adore her. She made this experience so much easier than I thought it would be!!!

@@carol Quabeck Boye Being from Ohio Robinson is better for me but i will try and go anywhere.