Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I received an email yesterday about starting local chapters. I would LOVE to start a chapter in Spokane WA. I had surgery just over 6 months ago and have lost 82 lbs... I have encouraged and supported several ladies as they've looked into and are now on the road to their own surgeries... I can't express enough how life changing this has been and how much I want to support and share this with anyone who is struggling with weight issues... I feel that to be a good leader you have to help empower those around you by helping them discover and utilize the tools necessary for their success... Being we all fall at times, it's important to know how to get back up and move forward and that needs to happen WITHOUT criticism and guilt placed by others... Having been overweight my entire adult life, I understand how it feels to be judged because of weight... I have a strong belief in weight loss surgery and a passion to help others... I want others to be able to write their own weight loss stories and together build a strong network of support... If you find me to be a good candidate for this opportunity, I would gladly accept...

I'd be interested in this as well!!

I have been anxious to get this group going... I'd like to meet once a month in the Cheney Library... I'm open to doing it at a different restaurant each time or whatever works best... When is the best time for you both???

Hi,

I am interested in joining a support group. I would like to make one suggestion, that we meet at other locations rather than a restaurant. It's been about 5 months since my surgery, and I have been pretty good at developing healthy eating habits, with that being said I wouldn't mind meeting at a restaurant once in a while, but there might be others where this area is still a struggle. Please keep me informed. I look forward to meeting all of you.

I just joined this group but have been reading the boards for two weeks now. I just attended the group information session at Rockwood/Deaconess last week and have my first appointment with Dr. Rawlins in three weeks. I live about an hour and half south of Spokane and have not yet investigated support groups in my area. Has anyone noticed if there is overlap in the people in this group and the people that attend the Rockwood support group?

I live in Cheney, WA, and had the sleeve done 12/3/14. I attend the support group at Rockwood, but have yet to have anyone respond from this site to me (that is local). You can message me directly by clicking on my logo here, if you would like! Welcome to WLS!

I am interested.

Is there anyone who had surgery at Deaconess in Spokane who would be willing to provide some basic information about their process? I'm transferring my case over to that hospital because I didn't feel like UW in Seattle treated me very well. I'll be driving 5 and a half hours to Spokane from Vancouver Washington and want to make sure this is the best option for me! Thanks in advance and feel free to message me

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Can someone please tell me what they think about the Rockwood support group. I am scheduled for Feb 21 and think I will feel better talking to someone.

When I lived in WA I lived an hour and half away from Spokane so did not attend any of the support groups at Rockwood. I wanted to, but a three hour round trip on a weekday, after work was not in the cards.