Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Australian Bandsters Chat Thread

HI Tracy ,on a leg of pork the crackling is the only part I can eat , a bit of apple sauce and it slips through the band no probs . I find the more brittle things are the easier they are to eat , like vita wheat, cruskits are great instead of bread cheers ....Paul

Edited by appspaul

Hi Paul,

does that mean I will still be able to fight the kids for the crackling? Great news! I hope I will be able to slice up the meat small enough to get some of it through though......I love my roast pork.:)

Struggling with Optifast at present but have lost 2 kg so far so it's enough to keep me on track.

Let me ask you.....how do go with cheese? :banghead: Another one of my favourite foods. I was wondering does it go down OK or does it 'glue up' and get stuck as well?

Catch u later

Tracy :)

Hey there Tracey,

I personally am not fond of the chocolate Optifast - I prefer the vanilla.

My BMI was 37 too when I was banded on the 1st of August, and now, just over 5 months later, I'm close to my Dr's goal (though I wouldn't mind it at all if I went a few kilos under the number he set).

In fact I bought my first bikini is about 20 years a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I have a fair amount of loose skin, so wasn't game to actually wear it anywhere, but it was really nice to fit into one nonetheless!

Hey Lellow,

good on you for buying the bikini. Don't worry about the loose skin.......the fact that you can fit it to one is great! BTW your pics look great. :) By the look of it you were a lot like me carrying most of your excess on your tummy. When I lost 25 kg on JC that was the last place I lost it. Everyone commented on my skinny bum and legs but I still had 'tyres'. Alas..........it was short lived. 18 months after quitting had put it all back on again. Hence the need for WLS. One week and 2 days to go till my surgery. Struggling through Optifast right now, mainly because it is the weekend but I work for the next 6 days, so I should be able to stay on track at leat till Sunday.

You are doing remarkably well. I hope to slip under my goal a bit as well so that I can wear that bikini to the beach .:)

Catch u later.......Tracy

Hi Tracy , yes I find cheese is OK , I have it on a vita wheat or cruskits the rye ones are my favorites , fish with mash and a cheese sauce is yummy as well . Good luck with the pork meat as I found it a bit of a prob so DAD... gets the crackling lol , I have many tasty foods that I make and I am happy to share these recipes with you kind regards ...Paul....... PS... I found optislim to be far more tasty.... cheers......bye for now

Hi Paul,

does that mean I will still be able to fight the kids for the crackling? Great news! I hope I will be able to slice up the meat small enough to get some of it through though......I love my roast pork.:)

Struggling with Optifast at present but have lost 2 kg so far so it's enough to keep me on track.

Let me ask you.....how do go with cheese? :w00t: Another one of my favourite foods. I was wondering does it go down OK or does it 'glue up' and get stuck as well?

Catch u later

Tracy :wink2:

Edited by appspaul

Hi Everyone

My name is Lisa and I live in Melbourne. I was banded 6 weeks ago and so far so good. I started my own weight loss while waiting for surgery and all up I have lost 23 kgs (13 post band). I have 11 kgs left to lose and I am having my first fill on Friday (a little nervous).

Everything has been going well apart from attempting to deal with the variety of reactions from people. Most are very positive and encouraging but I have been surprised by some particularly from those closest to me.

Its great reading everyone's experiences on here. I'm going to a support group in a couple of weeks and it will be nice to meet others who have had the surgery.

Thanks so much to everyone for sharing your story, information and answers to others questions.

Hey Lisa,

where abouts in Melbourne are you? I am in Bayside area.

Great that you have lost 13kg in 6 weeks!! I lost 4.5kg my first week and virtually nothing on the 2nd. It's doing my head in a bit, but i've got to look at the big picture.

catch ya

Megs

Hi Megs

I'm in the western suburbs. I seem to have one week when I lose heaps then it slows for no apparent reason and just as I start to get worried I have a good loss again. I'm in that "slow" loss stage at the moment.

When did you have your band put on?

Hi Thinkingslim,

I was banded on the 7th Jan and I havent lost anything in the last 2 weeks!!! I have NO restriction and am hoping I get my first fill next week. Am finding it really frustrating.

when were you banded?

I was banded on 8th December. I had my first fill last Friday and I don't feel any different. I'm glad I was prepared for that by reading lots of posts on here, some saying it takes 4 or 5 fills to feel restriction. Have you tried varying what you're eating?

I've been really slack with exercise. I need to get motivated in that area now.

Good luck

Hello to everyone:smile:

well done to all those losing...woohoo:thumbup::cursing:

for those who are getting bit frustrated...hang in there it is worth it all in the end and you will get there:smile2:

Leeanne:lol:

Hi I am from Lakes Entrance, Vic and was banded last July at Latrobe Hospital. I have been having ongoing problems with diaphragm irritation pain even after revision surgery to move the tubing out from under my diaphragm. Has anybody else had this problem or heard of anyone who has. I am desperate for answers as even my surgeon has no idea what it causing it and I really dont want to have to have the band taken out!!!:(

hello all,

I am new and am being banded Feb 20th! My question is on March 23rd i am off to Bali for a week for my birthday with friends...do you think that is too soon? or would it be OK. I have had this trip planned for ages and I diidnt realise my doctor could get me in so quickly....any advice would be much appreciated

Deb

The only problem I could possibly see in that is that you might not be able to get a fill until you get back. Otherwise, no I don't think that will be a problem. 4 weeks out from surgery, I was 100% back to normal.

Hi Tracey

I had Dr Peck at Port I live West of Wingham on the Mid Nth Coast banded May 2008 and love it! Do you want to chat

Ronni

hi all, i only recently (yesterday) found out a lapband was a possibility for me and have been trying to do a heap of research. my only issue is the cost, i am a member of manchester unity, but was wondering how much out of pocket expences will be. if anyone could tell me a ball park figure that would be fantasic, especially if anyone in wagga has had it done i would love to hear from them. I know this is probaly for people who have already had it done but i am desperate and want to find out all the details before i have to argue with hubby about it