Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks Post Op and Stuck

I Know there are probly lots of threads like this but I'm sick of reading and reading and reading.

So here it is. I'm irritated. I had my surgery on May 7th which puts me at 4 weeks out tomorrow. I am down 18 lbs since surgery. I feel like it's so damn slow! Especially because I have been at a stall for about 2 weeks!!! I get plenty of Water and 70 grams of Protein, plenty of exercise and am eating good home made healthy soft foods. A normal day is like this:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, (with Pam cooking spray) with zucchini and mushrooms. About half a cup.

Snack: Protein shake

Lunch: tuna with light mayo and avocado

Snack: Protein Shake

Dinner: garden burger patty with mozzarella cheese or soft grilled boneless skinless chicken with steamed veggie

Lots of water throughout the day

What gives?

I know that can be discouraging. I haven't had my surgery yet (getting the sleeve on June 20th) but there were speakers that came to our class who had the surgery and were all successful. They all said they hit a plateau like yours and they said their body was just getting used to it, somehow it had to re-calibrate, and sure enough, their weight loss suddenly kicked in again. They were telling us not to get discouraged when it happens. (Yeah, I know, easier said than done). You are eating really well on your meal plan and exercising, so I bet very soon, you'll see a big drop!

I hope so! Good luck on your sleeve! It's really not as bad as some make it out to be

It sounds like you are doing everything right. I'm so sorry for the stall and completely sympathize with you. Are you seeing a Nut who can help sort this out for you?

I thought I saw where stalls were normal and our body is trying to help us stay alive. Has anyone Kickstarted their weight loss by taking in more calories for a day or two and then dialed back again?

I had the sleeve on May 7th also and I am down 20 lbs since. I stalled for about a week and a half! I know its discouraging but stay positive! :)

Same thing happened to me. I'm 4 weeks and some change out and stalled pretty hard at the beginning of week 3. I'd lost 16 pounds in the first two weeks, then my weight stayed the same until this past weekend. Now it seems like I'm starting to lose again.. I'm down from 217 to 213 already in the past two or three days, for a total 4 week loss of 20 pounds. I've seen more than a few videos of people saying something similar happened to them and not to get discouraged... so while it's pretty annoying, I'm trying not worry about it too much so I can keep moving forward.

That being said.. I think it's hard to see changes in ourselves if the scale doesn't give us confirmation. Even though I didn't see a drop in numbers and visually I can't really tell much difference (I still look pretty much as big as ever when I look in the mirror!), I have to admit my clothes are noticeably smaller. People who haven't seen me in a month have noticed as well. I wish I'd started taking before&after photos, but I was too camera shy to do that and still am. I think it would be a lot easier to see the difference for myself with pictures though. I've seen suggestions for taking tape measurements too, and even though I haven't started to do that, I can see where it might be helpful.. especially when the scale is being stubborn and refuses to budge!

Here's a before and after

post-197629-0-68621900-1401892104_thumb.jpg

post-197629-0-41218600-1401892142_thumb.jpg

I was sleeved May 6, and have lost 20lbs and have also been stalled for 2 weeks and am still stalled! I knew stalls would happen so was determined to be patient and get thru it without letting it get to me too much, but it just went on too long and I got very frustrated. I weighed in June 1 so I'd have my May total loss and then I had my husband hide the scale and i'll weigh again in a week or so. Can't get on the scale another day and have it say the same thing! Hope the scale will soon move for all of us who are stalled.

Thank god for this thread! I was sleeved on 5/12 and I lost about 18, and have been stalled for a week and a half now. It's maddening! I'm glad to see im not alone.

Hi May Sleevers!

I feel a special bond with you because I'm a May Sleever too! May 2011.

The three week stall is very common. 18-20 pounds in the first month is great.

I suggest cutting fatty foods, such as avocado and full fat cheeses till later in your progress. When in the early stages, I tried to get 1 gram of Protein for every 10 calories of most foods. That allowed me to get 70 grams of Protein for around 700 calories.

And I exercised 6 days a week. Not a crazy amount of time. Three days I walked an hour at a fairly good clip. Three days I worked with weights for 30 minutes.

Best wishes to all of you on your journey! I'm saving a spot for you on the goalies' bench.

Lynda

I am 3 weeks today and the scale is stuck. I have researched and researched and it appears this is normal. I have to hide the scale. I have been on liquids so I was expecting continuous loss. I am down 20 pounds and just have to look on the bright side, I am down 20 pounds and couldn't have done it without surgery

I was sleeved on 5/5/14 and am down 30 lbs. I just keep making sure to eat a little more on the days I go to the gym and get my Protein and Water in, along with weighing and measuring my portions. Realistically I know my body is going to have to use fat stores because It is not getting enough calories because of the restrictive size of the sleeve. But It is frustrating to get on the scale and see it stuck at a number for days on end.

Edited by Forsythia

So I finally had my post op appointment today and it went awesome. My Surgeon was very happy with my weight loss and how much progress I have made. He have me a clean bill of health and all is well!.

After my husband and I left we were both kinda hungry. It's inhaled to find healthy fast food but I did it! CHICK FIL A!! Grilled chicken bites and fruit. I could not even finish the tiny cups they came in.

post-197629-0-98148400-1402003571_thumb.jpg

Thank goodness for this thread! I was sleeved May 5th and I too am on a stall (actually this is my 2nd stall). I am down a total of 35 pounds (12 was lost prior to surgery on liquid diet). I had a 1 week stall at week 2, but I pushed through and started losing again. It has now been two weeks and not only have I not lost, but I have gained back 3 pounds!!!! How is that possible?!?!? I am under 500 calories a day and working out 5 days a week. I was told this would happen, but I am so frustrated! I am glad to know there are others out there going through the same thing. I hope the scale starts to move for all of us soon!!! If anyone has any tips, please let me know!

Michelle, have you tried eating more calories on your workout days? It might help.