Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the timeline for eating some of these typical foods?

You see thats where the problem starts at "one bite" that "one bite" got us where we are now. and it is possible to stretch your stomach after the operation. My point is why would you want to do that to yourself, foods that you know you love and would be gutonous over in the past, to take one bite is like torture!

I agree wholeheartedly. Can't return to previous habits without expecting the same results. I didn't go through this to go back to those eating habits.

Whether I should eat them or not, I'm curious about when you can have a few bites of some food you may want to try again, or are there things permanently off the list due to small tummy size? pizza bagel Mexican food: nachos, tacos, etc. pretzel salad corn on the cob avocado nuts lasagna Again, not the pre-surgery portion sizes, and maybe just a couple of bites, but I wonder when the stomach can handle some of these. Thanks!

Those things are permanently off the list. There is no nutritional value in corn, noodles, rice potatoes, chips, taco shells for our small tummies. Protein first. It has more seity and will stick with you. Avocado is really fattening and to be eat very sparingly. Lettuce in salad fills tummy but not with what it needs-protein!!!

I eat avocado daily. It's the perfect health food. Good fat, soft, flavorful. Hasn't hurt me a bit.

I eat avocado daily. It's the perfect health food. Good fat, soft, flavorful. Hasn't hurt me a bit.

I'm an avocado addict :). I too do just fine with it. No problems here- I'm happily at goal and stay within my 5lb range (128-133lbs) with little trouble these days.

Edited by ashelaine

I was told I can eat avocado, with Protein. I have to say that I agree with removing some items from standard diet; white bread and tortillas, Pasta, white rice, potatoes, chips and crackers. If I have a bite of one of these some day, that's different from planning a meal around one. My downfall wasn't any particular food, I ate everything too fast and way too much of it.

I want to stick to the goal of lots of fluids and Protein first and plan my meals around some kind of meat or fish. I love the cauliflower rice alternative recipe provided on the "eggface" blog site and other recipes there that make it clear we can choose to live healthy and not feel deprived.

I'm an avocado addict :). I too do just fine with it. No problems here- I'm happily at goal and stay within my 5lb range (128-133lbs) with little trouble these days.

My doc said avocado is handled by tummy perfectly, it's just too fattening to use regularly. That's why he says sparingly.

Avocado was my daughters first food. It's a perfect food. Low fat isn't required unless you're calories are out of whack.

I am so into creative eating right now and having fun!

My current chicken fad is the chicken fajita mix from whole foods. It's great and fries up quickly with just a bit of olive oil. I mixed up a couple of greek yogurt sauces, one is flavored with lime juice and fresh cut cilantro. The other is half yogurt and half spicy mango sauce that was low in carbs and sugars. Tonight I had my chicken with a bit of blue cheese sprinkles and a side of the cilantro lime yogurt mixture. It was so good, I had to put it away quickly before I was tempted to overeat!

I bought a chicken breast that I will pound and cut up into small strips to grill on skewers or bake or fry with seasoning. Protein first is looking pretty good as long as my chicken has a small side of something interesting and delish!