Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

42 grams of protein in 3.8 oz

My NUT said whey Protein isolate is what to look for because it's a pure, highly absorbable, and fast absorbable form of protein. She said whey protein concentrate or blends are often up to 30% less absorbed protein than what's listed. Even if you only got 70% of the protein listed from those shots-that's still a lot of protein for small amount of Fluid, but just keep in mind when adding up your protein totals for the day that you may not be getting all the protein listed for those shots.

After reading what everyone was saying I looked at the actual ingredients (something I should have done before I bought it) and it different forma of Protein that my nut said to stay away from because its not pure whey protein :(

@@MFoster9812 Don't worry too much, like I said some Protein is better than none. :) It's really difficult for some folks immediately post op to get down the shakes. I know I struggled with nausea pretty bad for the first month. Just don't buy any more and look for better options of Protein. Good luck!

@@MFoster9812 Don't worry too much, like I said some Protein is better than none. :) It's really difficult for some folks immediately post op to get down the shakes. I know I struggled with nausea pretty bad for the first month. Just don't buy any more and look for better options of Protein. Good luck!

Thank you so much lilmissdiva♥

I like the Unjury brand of Protein. They have unflavored that you can add to Soups, puddings, and even eggs and Beans. They also have chicken broth, strawberry sorbet and chocolate splendor which I like for making shakes with either Water or milk. Great taste and very soothing on the stomach.

I like the unjury brand of Protein. They have unflavored that you can add to Soups, puddings, and even eggs and Beans. They also have chicken broth, strawberry sorbet and chocolate splendor which I like for making shakes with either Water or milk. Great taste and very soothing on the stomach.

Where do I find it? And does it mix well because the texture really gets to me now

unjury is one of my favorites, I just ordered a bunch yesterday for my upcoming surgery. It does mix really well, and the chicken Soup flavor is great too (tho a bit salty so I dilute it more). The trick is to pour slowly, almost like you would make cream of wheat, and make sure your food is not hotter than 140°. Otherwise it will clump up and not be too appealing! lol

www.unjury.com

Edited by LilmissDiva Irene

While it's obvious you want to get you money's worth with Protein drinks, I don't really get the whole mini "shots" idea.

I drink both premier Protein shakes and Isopure Zero carb drinks every day. I even cut the Isopure in half with Water for taste. Even drinking both of those, I still find it difficult to get in enough liquids each day.(8-10 cups) Drinking a little 3 or 4 ounce shot would not help me in this regard.

I have become accustomed to the shakes and cutting the Isopure drinks makes them tolerable as well. I can see where someone might feel it's easier to down a mini bottle of Protein vs: drinking 11 - 20 ounces. Maybe you make up the fluids with just plain Water the rest of the day. For me, the water just gets to a point I can't stand just randomly drinking it all day. I even take advantage of my gym visits to bring as much Protein Drink as I can handle, cause the gym workout makes me thirsty.

To each their own with the Protein Drinks. I just try to get in the most liquids right along with the protein. ;)