Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 2: May 27-31st Sleevers

I NEVER would have gotten that one - ha ha. Thank you!!

Sleeved 5/27

Day of Surgery 284

Discharge day 295 - I was highly upset

Current Weight 268.4 :D

Tomorrow is the end of week two, and I am so frustrated, not sure if its with myself or what. Still having trouble getting all my Water in, started premier Protein shakes and it takes over an hour to get one down. I have not lost any weight whatsoever in 4 days, could I actually be having a stall when it hasn't been two weeks yet until tomorrow? Seriously? Then last night my parents and son ordered a pizza and I almost cried, really I almost cried over a flippin pizza. I didn't even really want it, I know It would really hurt if I tried to eat it, I wasn't hungry but I'm sick of vanilla, chocolate shakes and Jello. I would love to have something tat has some taste to it, but not allowed till I can get all my Water in and at least 2 shakes. This seems impossible truly. SO, has anyone else seen a major slow down or stall since surgery. Four days and no movement on the scale. :(

Hbg lady

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I had a really hard time drinking Water up until last Thursday. I tried eating ice and that worked just fine. I bought route 44 cups of ice from Sonic( the itty bitty pieces) and chewed and swallowed. I have read that intake will get easier once the swelling in your stomach goes down. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Edited by Derouin4

I'm sorry too, I'm also stalled since this is third day of same weight of 238. I'm not surprised since I'm taking in some mushy food, still constipated and I know my body must think it's the apocalypse and has shut down to help me conserve fat and survive. Eventually I'll shake it loose if I stay the course, but I'm running into some problems today. I think what makes these things hard is they're new and seems like every day it's something else to deal with. Even though we know this recovery time is relatively brief, and we know we'll be successful long-term, we can hit a wall emotionally as we struggle along. I hope you find something you like to drink, something that tastes good to you. Maybe you can blend in some creamy Peanut Butter with chocolate shake or some fruit flavor or juice with the vanilla.< /p>

I got busy this morning and thoughtlessly drank my Atkins strawberry banana shake too fast and I've felt sick all morning with pain and then gurgling stomach. I don't want that pain again. First I ate 4 Tbsp last night instead of 2 and got too full, now this shake business. I might just do sips of liquid all day and take a step back from food and shakes. My instinct is to hide in bed all day but I will get dressed and go walk around to keep my body stimulated, as soon as this crazy pain and gurgling goes away. I hope your Protein selections are soon resolved and you break out of your stall!

I want to walk on the beach, not in my chilly, windy neighborhood.

Edited by hrhlaurie

I want to walk on the beach, not in my chilly, windy neighborhood.

In right there with u I'm overdoing it - I'm goingn to go back on pure liquids tomorrow I really feel I'm messing up and it's way toooo early to be messing up u know

I'm on a stall still also. It's been 4 days and scale is stuck. I get so excited to get out of bed. I run to the bathroom, hop on the scale and impatiently wait a second and nothing. Tomorrow I will do the same. Scale please wake up.

I'm sorry you all are getting frustrated already. But remember how much you have lost and surgery! There are lots of different reasons why the scale may not move. If you have added carbs back in you will have glycogen increase which increases Water weight up to 10 pounds. Which means you could be losing fat but because there's an un balance it's not going to show up right away. Also there is that thing that I posted out about earlier how you could be burning fat but your fat cells to be filling up with Water. That is also an issue. Also it's hard for us to get our water in right now and water flushes fat. so the more we can drink the more that can actually get flushed from the system that's been getting burned.

So there a lot of factors in your body that's why a lot of people say only weigh once a week. Also a true stall it has to be at least I think 2 or 3 weeks for it to even be considered a stall at all. Take a deep breath everyone this is just the beginning I'm sure we will have lots more ups and downs. There is typically a stall for everybody at about 3 to 4 weeks so some of you may just be getting your stall early and may stall again at that time so best not to get too frustrated too early (hard I know!) just remember the average lots the first month is 20-30lbs and we all have weeks to go!

Has anyone had any issues with your veins near your IV site. My veins over my wrist where my IV went in on that hand are really really sore today like I can barely move my wrist without them hurting. It's a little bit puffy and my hand itself is ok with the veins over where my wrist bends are really sore. Anyone have any medical knowledge of what this might be. I don't wanna make big deal out of it if it's nothing but its weird that it showed up 10 days after surgery

Just read that it is a vein thrombosis and not too serious so that good. Annoying though.

Hello to all.. Surgery date 3/28. Two weeks post op and have lost 9lbs. Current weight 219. Looking forward to losing more soon.

Has anyone had any issues with your veins near your IV site. My veins over my wrist where my IV went in on that hand are really really sore today like I can barely move my wrist without them hurting. It's a little bit puffy and my hand itself is ok with the veins over where my wrist bends are really sore. Anyone have any medical knowledge of what this might be. I don't wanna make big deal out of it if it's nothing but its weird that it showed up 10 days after surgery

My vein hurt really bad for the first two weeks! It will get better, by the third week I had no pain. Good luck