Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 2: May 27-31st Sleevers

You're already eating meat. Yum. I just got mushy foods today. I'm in the springs and walk around prospect lake if you'd like to join me :-) pm me and I'll give you my number if you're interested. We were sleeved on the same day.

I'd love to walk with you, just send me your number. I walked around Prospect Lake this morning for Walk for Life!

Eating meat may not be OK, but I ate tiny, little bites and ground that chicken into mush before swallowing so hope those 2 Tbsp were OK... I might be doing this phase of eating all wrong but meeting with my Nut this week so she can set me straight. I probably had the completely wrong dinner tonight of 4 -5 Tbsp of butternut squash Soup, a quarter of slice of swiss cheese and half a piece of wafer thin cut ham. Can I have those together? I'm sort of winging this food phase but stomach feels OK and not as much of the gurgling tonight.

I called my doctor today because my incisions were exactly as you described. I don't alway look at them and even though I jus saw my surgeon yesterday. I kinda freaked when I saw the red ring around the 2 to the left almost like an allergic rash with 2 bumps off to the said. He said he just saw me yesterday y and they were fine. He suggested using peroxide and neosporine and a bandaid and to see him Monday if I was still concerned.

I googled this and it seems to be an allergic reaction to the glue or adhesive used over incisions. Sounds pretty common so I'm using some type of cortisone creme and will call him Monday to check in. Mine have been so itchy, hate it.

I'd love to walk with you, just send me your number. I walked around Prospect Lake this morning for Walk for Life! Eating meat may not be OK, but I ate tiny, little bites and ground that chicken into mush before swallowing so hope those 2 Tbsp were OK... I might be doing this phase of eating all wrong but meeting with my Nut this week so she can set me straight. I probably had the completely wrong dinner tonight of 4 -5 Tbsp of butternut squash Soup, a quarter of slice of swiss cheese and half a piece of wafer thin cut ham. Can I have those together? I'm sort of winging this food phase but stomach feels OK and not as much of the gurgling tonight.

I sent you a pm message with my number. :-)

Went for my first walk this morning ... Wasn't too bad I walked slow and did about .7 of a km so not much but it's a start it's stinking hot here so it's kinda gross

So, before surgery, I was a really fast eater. Slowing down has been tough for me, but I've been working on it. And here's how I've been helping myself to eat more slowly, and I realize it seems counterintuitive, but I eat watching TV. Now, hear me out! My doctor said I can eat between two and three tablespoons per meal. I dunno about you guys, but for me, that's a lot right now. If I eat too quickly, it makes my stomach clench, but eating slowly, like over the course of an hour, is super boring. So, here's what I do: every time there's a scene change, I take a tiny baby spoon full of food and slowly nibble/lick it till it's gone. Then when the next scene is over, I do that again (if the scene was super short, I'll let another one pass). I find it takes me about the length of an entire episode of Mad Men (minus ads, so about 42 min) to eat my 2-3 tablespoon meal. I know people say watching TV while you eat is distracting, and that's probably true, but I couldn't just watch pain dry while eating or I'd rush it for sure. This helps me keep pace since I don't get bored. I think reading would work too. Like take a bite every 4 pages or something. Anyway, that's just what's been helping me eat slowly!

Ok just went for first post op .. One more week of liquids then one week of purée /mush food then the following week normal foooood!!! Yay

One more week one more week!!!!

Hahahha anyway then he said must be balanced diet all healthy food etc etc am thinking of doing south beach what do u think?

Is anyone having difficulty remembering to quit drinking half hour before eating and after? I am getting my fluids but still feel parched. I have been able to still eat/sip 1/4 cup Soup and still sip Water with no ill effect. Most times I just forget and sip water from my water bottle always by me.

I'm on liquids 10 more days. So I haven't had to deal with that challenge yet. Lol

I'm not concentrating on the timing of my liquids so much. The surgeon said it's not going to stay with you long to even worry about keeping you full. Thursday is day 14 for me and that means puréed. Woo hoo.

Oh that most be so nice. If I try to drink even 5 or 10 mins before, during, or after eating. I instantly get sick or vomit. Oh and learning to eat slower is one of my biggest struggles.

I'm at home most of the time so I set the kitchen timer and empty my Water cup. I've done well at the liquids and food timing but have to really concentrate on putting my baby sized spoon down and let a minute or two pass between bites. Today's lunch was a couple of Tbsp of fat free refried Beans with some pepper and garlic to season, heated with a little shredded cheese on top and a small bit of salsa. Mixed all together and tasty! Can't finish it but I no longer livebythe clean plate rule!

Had to add mirilax to my morning Protein shake because for the first time I'm constipated. I've always been regular and normal and I don't like these bathroom issues but hopefully it will sort itself out.

So was at church today and took the bread for sacrament and popped it into my mouth without even thinking! Then panicked! Ended up pretending to cough and putting it in a tissue. lol

Hrhlaurie - try some unsweetened applesauce or pure pear juice. Helped me !!!!

Hrhlaurie - try some unsweetened applesauce or pure pear juice. Helped me !!!!

Thanks, I'll pick up both tomorrow.

Tonight I messed up a bit and ate 4 Tbsp of mashed potato mixed with some olive oil, seasonings and a bit of ham salad. I ate really slow and finished it eventually because it was so good but I shouldn't have. I'm full and poor tummy seems to be in shock. Limiting myself to 2 Tbsp per meal for the next couple of weeks.

I hate this full feeling. Poor tummy, bad Laurie.

Today is not a good day at all!!! so i got really dizzy today,

i had a Protein shake for Breakfast and then for lunch from how weak i felt i had mashed potato and ive slowly been grazing on it to stop myself from falling asleep from lack of energy!!

help guys please