Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 Post Op Rny / Bypass Support Group

Tammie- I had horrible pain in my back after surgery which turned out to be a strange place for gas to build up! Try to get up and walking, it really will help.

Do you have your gallbladder still? Hopefully it's just gas. If it persists and doesn't change tell your dr.

Thanks for the well wishes for my husband. He's still in the hospital and will stay until his pancreas is better and no more pain. He will be taking Coumadin for 3 months for the clot. Dr said This can happen to 1:1000 of bariatric patients from surgery, especially sleevers.

He is doing much better though. I just miss him. :( This has been emotionally difficult for him too- not being in control. He's worried about his job but his boss tells him not to worry.

Edited by itsmekarenlee

Hi everyone I'm new to the group I had my RNY on July 14th and so happy I had it done. I have a bit trouble drinking my 64oz a day but slowly increasing. So far so good! Good luck everyone

Hi! We had surgery the same day :) I'm working on getting more walking in now and looking forward to moving onto the soft food phase lol best of luck to you

@itsmekarenlee-- at least now you know the cause and can treat it, nice that the boss is supportive. Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Yesterday was my first day home. I feel pretty good. I looked at my food log for yesterday and the totals were Protein 23.8 grams and Fluids 32 oz. It was hard to get that down hoping to do better today. If not walking I am sleeping. not a lot of time to get fluids down. I learned to take pain meds. on a schedule. Thought I could do with out and awoke at 3:00am in a lot of pain.

Yesterday was my first day home. I feel pretty good. I looked at my food log for yesterday and the totals were Protein 23.8 grams and Fluids 32 oz. It was hard to get that down hoping to do better today. If not walking I am sleeping. not a lot of time to get fluids down. I learned to take pain meds. on a schedule. Thought I could do with out and awoke at 3:00am in a lot of pain.

Little by little it'll go away. I am 5 days our still having pain just not as bad as the first day back home .. Just take your meds and rack up on sleep

You're doing great Andrea :)

I'm two weeks out and I've always had a problem with liquids before surgery and I still hate it. Frankly, eating and drinking is a chore, I don't feel like doing either. I don't feel hungry or full. I have to put a timer on for every 3 hrs to remind me to eat or I won't. I'm not losing anything now that I'm eating foods which is frustrating but I guess normal. I was losing about a pound a day on liquids only.

Eating annoying too because I have to pack little containers of food and bring with me wherever I go so that I have something with me at all times because I don't know how long I'll be out. Can't just go to a food place and order an ounce or two of something they don't have on my approved list. Sigh.

But hang on there my friends:) Everyone is different. I love hearing how everyone is doing :)

Karen glad to hear you say you don't feel hungry or full. Thought it was just me. My head says you need to eat this is not good. My stomach says I don't care if you ever eat again. Strange to go from shoveling anything down to not caring if I eat. Oh the head games begin.

Well, I had this problem before surgery too. I didn't care to eat until my stomach finally grumbled mid afternoon. This is such a chore. And when I don't feel full I think why even bother. But I know it's supposed to be healthier to eat regularly so I'll have to force eat but when I do I'm not losing any weight so my mind thinks it's the food's fault. This sucks.

I was so happy to be able to eat food and now that I can I don't want to to be bothered. I'd rather just drink the Protein Drinks.< /p>

I'm almost three weeks out. Just started solids which is difficult. And now three days with no weight loss and I'm terrified!

Yay!! My husband's home from the hospital!

I'm almost three weeks out. Just started solids which is difficult. And now three days with no weight loss and I'm terrified!

I think that's the stall I've read about. I'm stalled too. Instead of losing pounds we will lose inches. I hope.