Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss at a stand still

hello all I need some input, I got my surgery on 5/8 I lost 21 lbs the first two weeks but the past almost two weeks I haven't lost anything! not even 1 lb. Has this happened to anyone else this early on? Is there any suggestions to get the weight loss going again? Im stressing out I have been trying everything!

I got mine on the 28th of May and I so far have only lost inches so to here that it took you 2 weeks makes me feel alil better. It seems like about of people loose it pretty fast!

I was onn a roll in the beginning and now nothing! I see ppl losing 50 lbs in 3 months but Im barely losing anything

I was onn a roll in the beginning and now nothing! I see ppl losing 50 lbs in 3 months but Im barely losing anything

I am six weeks out and stalled to. I have lost 44 lbs, but been bouncing up and down the lady two weeks. I am so afraid I will fail. I am a lap band to rny revision so I have been defeated before.

Hi! I'm in the same boat... I lost 40 lbs almost instantly... now I'm stuck. I talked with my doctor, he said that the initial weight is Water weight, believe it or not, and that, if I don't exercise, I can expect to NOT lose weight. I honestly can't believe that, since i'm hardly eating ANYTHING!

It's so frustrating.... :(

But, at least I see that I'm not alone!

<p>Hi! I'm in the same boat... I lost 40 lbs almost instantly... now I'm stuck. I talked with my doctor, he said that the initial weight is Water weight, believe it or not, and that, if I don't exercise, I can expect to NOT lose weight. I honestly can't believe that, since i'm hardly eating ANYTHING!</p> <p> </p> <p>It's so frustrating.... :(</p> <p>But, at least I see that I'm not alone!</p>

I agree with you! I know that exercise is important but I don't understand how you would not lose any weight with the small amount of food we eat...

Your body acclimates to what it gets, both in food and exercise. If a stall lasts more than a week, try changing up your exercise. Do something new. Weights or resistance training is SO important to weight loss. Not everything needs to be cardio. Often times you will stop losing pounds when you are losing inches and then will see a sudden drop on the scale again. Every body is different. Have faith in the plan - YOU WILL LOSE!

Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes a lot of work and a lot of patience!

Carol

Stalls early on are actually really common! Even at 2 or 3 weeks out. Additionally dependent on your treatment you may have been pumped with quite a bit of IV fluids. At times is might be very difficult to pinpoint the source of a stall but I've read that changing up the routine can help.

For example

- if you don't exercise, start doing a little.

- if you are at the puree stage and have say mash potatoes try cutting the carbs and increasing the Protein

- try to up your Water intake

- take your Multivitamins

- don't weigh yourself everyday

- relax and trust the process because unless you are purposefully sabotaging yourself then the weight is bound to come off...

- watch your sodium intake (no more than 4g or 1600mg a day) this can make you retain Fluid

I don't know how useful what I posted is, but hopefully you get the idea :)

Good Luck!

Phil

It's normal. You'll loose 10lbs one week and then nothing for 2 weeks. This is true for me 3 months out. I've been working out pretty intensely for the past 2.5 weeks and I gained 5 lbs off the bat. Don't worry, it will come off eventually. Just keep doing what you're suppose to be doing.

<p>hello all I need some input, I got my surgery on 5/8 I lost 21 lbs the first two weeks but the past almost two weeks I haven't lost anything! not even 1 lb. Has this happened to anyone else this early on? Is there any suggestions to get the weight loss going again? Im stressing out I have been trying everything!</p>

Robyn I also had surgery on 5/8. I lost 8 pounds the first week, and now an additional 7 so since surgery only 15 pounds, 13 pounds on my pre op. I feel like it's slow too. My weight on day of surgery was 244, I know the heavier you are the more you lose at first. I guess I want instant gratification every week but I'm learning that's nots going to happen.

Hi! I'm in the same boat... I lost 40 lbs almost instantly... now I'm stuck. I talked with my doctor, he said that the initial weight is Water weight, believe it or not, and that, if I don't exercise, I can expect to NOT lose weight. I honestly can't believe that, since i'm hardly eating ANYTHING!

It's so frustrating.... :(

But, at least I see that I'm not alone!

WHOA! Not true! Exercise is definitely crucial. The more muscle mass you have the more calories you burn at rest. Also, it will help with tightening loose skin. So, definitely start an exercise regime. However, you're going to lose weight. You can't eat under a thousand calories and not lose.

I'm stalled out big time. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, but I'm being patient. Something has to happen!

It's all about averages. 3-5 lbs per week. That's the usual I think.