Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleeve Revision July 7th, comfort me too:D

So, back in 2006 I had a band put in....I did pretty well, went from 235 to my lowest was about 148, but I was throwing up a lot. Last year I started just not being able to tolerate the constant throwing up, etc, anymore and back in Feb. they had to take all the Fluid out of my band because I could not keep anything down...AGAIN.....Of course my weight has been up over this past year with my struggles. I'm at about 170 right now.

I guess I just wonder if I was puking my guts up nearly every day, and weighed 160ish, how in the world is the sleeve going to work for me if it's so 'much more comfortable' than the band.

I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico at the OCC July 7th and start my liquid diet June 16th.

I'm scared but optimistic too from reading these posts.

Even if I just could maintain at about 160ish I'd be content, I just don't want to gain it all back, you know?

I just hope and pray that this is the tool I need and that it's not a bust, especially since I am so financially and emotionally invested.

I was banded in 2010 and revised to sleeve on May 20th. You did really well with the band the most I lost in a three year period was about 50lbs. I was constantly throwing up, getting Fluid taken out and back in. My band slipped and had to come out. With saying all that, my sleeve is so new so I can't tell I do know a BIG difference is the hunger is not there like with the band. I was around bbq on Memorial Day still on liquid diet, no desire to eat at all. You are already at a weight that would be some people's goal weight. This is a permanent choice so just make sure you really need it. Maybe some people who have been sleeved longer and revised from the band can chime in. Best wishes to you.

So, back in 2006 I had a band put in....I did pretty well, went from 235 to my lowest was about 148, but I was throwing up a lot. Last year I started just not being able to tolerate the constant throwing up, etc, anymore and back in Feb. they had to take all the Fluid out of my band because I could not keep anything down...AGAIN.....Of course my weight has been up over this past year with my struggles. I'm at about 170 right now.

I guess I just wonder if I was puking my guts up nearly every day, and weighed 160ish, how in the world is the sleeve going to work for me if it's so 'much more comfortable' than the band.

I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico at the OCC July 7th and start my liquid diet June 16th.

I'm scared but optimistic too from reading these posts.

Even if I just could maintain at about 160ish I'd be content, I just don't want to gain it all back, you know?

I just hope and pray that this is the tool I need and that it's not a bust, especially since I am so financially and emotionally invested.

You and I share a similar story. I was banded in 2007. I lost 99lbs and then found out we were expecting. I completely unfilled for the sake of my child's nutrition and it has never been the same since. I'm constantly intolerant of most things until well into the evening and even then its mostly Soups or wine. I've regained 65lbs and I'm so beyond tired of being afraid to eat or going to the bathroom after every meal. My body is in starvation mode and is holding to every thing I eat; good, bad or otherwise.

Oh for sure, I need it....It has really been a struggle to not gain 5 lbs a week, a battle I'm losing ground on. I have to have 'something'.

My fear is that the 'something that worked for me' was throwing up rather than restriction. I hope it was restriction and that it's an indicator that the sleeve and I will be a good match.

OMG, Soups and wine...YEP, before I got unfilled I was basically living off of mixed drinks and Soup because for whatever reason the alcohol would help the food stay down.

I start my liquid diet June 16th....I am so afraid of failure....It's so much money that I've spent, I was self pay for lapband and now for this, all my savings.

With the band I was hungry and in pain. Hard to explain but I never felt comfortable satiated. At first with the sleeve I followed the NUT guidelines to the letter because I didn't trust my body. About 4 months out I started practicing eating more intuitively which meant learning to stop before full...eat till absence of hunger. It took practice but now 2.5 years later it is my new habit and it has worked to help me maintain.

Yep! Hungry and in pain! It was crazy. I was miserable and knew if I put it in my mouth that I would throw up, but I was so hungry I couldn't help but try!

I really hope this helps me lead more of a normal life. I was terrified to eat anywhere if there wasn't a bathroom nearby so I could run and throw up if needed. \

My biggest fear though is that I'll gain weight. I'm so afraid of it.

I'd love to weigh 140 like you! I'd be totally happy though if I could even just maintain right around 160 and just NOT GAIN! Anything below that will be an incredible happy bonus if it happens.

You and I share a similar story. I was banded in 2007. I lost 99lbs and then found out we were expecting. I completely unfilled for the sake of my child's nutrition and it has never been the same since. I'm constantly intolerant of most things until well into the evening and even then its mostly Soups or wine. I've regained 65lbs and I'm so beyond tired of being afraid to eat or going to the bathroom after every meal. My body is in starvation mode and is holding to every thing I eat; good, bad or otherwise.

wow your story is like mine. Banded in 2008 lost 121lbs got pregnant and had my son in 2011. And nothing but trouble since then and yes licking off soups pretty much. Opened my band up in Oct and put on 50lbs since then. I'm getting the sleeve done on 6/18 and hopefully put these past 3 years behind me and move ion finally.

wow your story is like mine. Banded in 2008 lost 121lbs got pregnant and had my son in 2011. And nothing but trouble since then and yes licking off soups pretty much. Opened my band up in Oct and put on 50lbs since then. I'm getting the sleeve done on 6/18 and hopefully put these past 3 years behind me and move ion finally.
Let me know how it goes!! 7/7 is my date and I can't wait!!!!

Let me know how it goes!! 7/7 is my date and I can't wait!!!!

I will keep you posted

Was hoping to find someone with the same surgery date as myself..I too shall be getting the band to sleeve done on 7/7! I've wanted my band out from the moment I got it..suffered with pain for too long. lost about 60lbs and gained it all back. My aunt went to Dr. Ortiz about two months ago for the sleeve. She was beyond happy with the facility and doctors. She is doing great!! Gave me the courage and motivation to fly out and make this change for the better. I'm extremely excited but also a little nervous being so far from home.

Was hoping to find someone with the same surgery date as myself..I too shall be getting the band to sleeve done on 7/7! I've wanted my band out from the moment I got it..suffered with pain for too long. lost about 60lbs and gained it all back. My aunt went to Dr. Ortiz about two months ago for the sleeve. She was beyond happy with the facility and doctors. She is doing great!! Gave me the courage and motivation to fly out and make this change for the better. I'm extremely excited but also a little nervous being so far from home.

welcome!! Looks like we share a similar history and now we'll be revision twins!

You are with Dr. Ortiz on 7/7 at the OCC?!?!?!?! We'll see each other!!!!! What was her recovery like? There's a FB group for July sleevers if you are interested!

Is the Facebook group only for Dr Ortiz's patients or all July Sleavers?