Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well here we go.. this is me! *pictures included*

a while back I posted a thread where I spoke about the lack of support I was experiencing from those around me . . well, I will no longer believe im good enough because of what others THINK .. I will now feel good about myself because i've made it! im happy & rny was by far the best decision of my life.

my surgeon, my weight management center, my pcp, & my therapist have been there for me in remarkable and admirable ways . . a few calls to them and im finally starting to see why I did this.. because I deserve to feel healthy beautiful in my own skin!!

so word of advice to other young ladies my age (20) out there : dont let your young age stop you from making this decision. I chose to risk it all in a life changing decision! if its truely what your heart desires and in your heart you believe this will help you become a better and healthier you, go for it! at the end of the day people will always have opinions about

you.. but the most & only important opinion you should keep in mind is your own!!

post-178018-0-33112600-1401647438_thumb.png

[ATTACH]45044[/ATTACH]

post-178018-0-84539600-1401647453_thumb.png

[ATTACH]45045[/ATTACH]

post-178018-0-79870200-1401647464_thumb.png

[ATTACH]45046[/ATTACH]

Height: 5'8

weight on DOS: 275lbs

Current Weight: 190lbs

DOS : January 14th, 2014 (almost 5mnths out)

lbs lost so far ... 85!!! yaaay!

Edited by infinite_allure

Congratulations! You look amazing!

congratulations you look great!!! I wish I had the courage when i was 20 to take on this journey im 29 and just about to go into surgery on friday and my only wish is that i had done it sooner and not let myself get so out of control in my relationship with food. you have a whole lot of us here that will support yOU!!!

congratulations you look great!!! I wish I had the courage when i was 20 to take on this journey im 29 and just about to go into surgery on friday and my only wish is that i had done it sooner and not let myself get so out of control in my relationship with food. you have a whole lot of us here that will support yOU!!!

thank you so much! I've dealt with negative comments through the past 5 months, people have put me down with the "youre going to get too skinny!" line. it really messed with my head . but coming on here I feel like everyone understands my happiness because they are experiencing the same! so glad I can share my story... :)

thank you so much! I've dealt with negative comments through the past 5 months, people have put me down with the "youre going to get too skinny!" line. it really messed with my head . but coming on here I feel like everyone understands my happiness because they are experiencing the same! so glad I can share my story... :)

There will always be haters out there. It only matters how YOU feel anyway! I also wish I had done this surgery sooner!

You are amazing! I'm 28 and totally wish I had surgery sooner. How inspiring :)

Congratulations! You look great. What's your size? I'm almost two years post op. Happy that went through with it.

Congratulations!! You look awesome!!

Congrats! You look amazing. You should never let anyone define who you are but yourself! If they aren't supportive, they don't need to be in your life. Only surround yourself with positive people.

You look awesome! Show yourself off!

thank you everyone for your encouraging words!! I still struggle with believing a& understanding that I am not who I was before. without a doubt, my surgery changed my life. so while others see it as an easy way out, I have come to the realization that it was basically my only way out! & I should never feel ashamed! im way too happy for all of that! lol

I was wearing a size 16 pre-op and im currently wearing a size 9.

I believe my height plays well into my appearance thus always making people say "you never looked that fat to begin with" "youre going to get tok skinny"

I just brush it off! im happy and most importantly im not just living, I finally feel ALIVE!!!

You look amazing!!! All the best to you, I'm inspired!!

You look amazing!!! All the best to you, I'm inspired!!

thank you!! im so glad you are inspired! this is truly an amazing journey! enjoy every part of it!

Amazing transformation. You are stunning! Keep up the good work and remember you have to do it for yourself....

a while back I posted a thread where I spoke about the lack of support I was experiencing from those around me . . . DOS : January 14th, 2014 (almost 5mnths out) lbs lost so far ... 85!!! yaaay!

You look fabulous! Congratulations on all your hard work.