Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, that is heavy-duty. Isn't the recovery for that supposed to be much longer and much more "rigorous" than a lap band? How did you happen to make that decision, if you don't mind me asking. If you do mind me asking -- well, answer anyway! It's totally anonymous here!

RNY is a Roux en Y Gastric Bypass. I figured if I am going to do this, I might as well do it all the way, lol.

I feel like an idiot -- but what is RNY? I had lap band with plication (do you know what that is?) and had it done (self-pay -- yikes!) by a doctor in L.A., which is where I live. I get the getting in and out of bed stuff. Sadly, I like getting into bed more than I like getting out of it! Today, I gotta move!

I'm just drinking Protein Shakes and Water. I am moving around alright. I try to walk as much as possible. I find getting in and out of bed is the most uncomfortable part of my day. I haven't been hungry or light-headed at all. 8 ounces in 2 hours last night made it feel like I had a Thanksgiving Day feast. It was so weird.

Hi, H. I also had my surgery the same day as you did. I'm doing about the same as you, and it didn't occur to me until you mentioned it, but I get liquids down quite easily. I didn't even think about it! Now I'm wondering if I should slow down. I'm not drinking gin -- just things like Protein drinks and (yes) coffee, but it all seems to be going well. I'm the kind of person who's always looking for new things to worry about (neurosis is my hobby), so now I'll have to start paying attention to how much and how quickly I am drinking these liquids. Have you been hungry at all? Light-headed? Are you up and at 'em yet? Interested to hear your progress in other areas besides liquids.

Mind if I join?

Hi all! I had my surgery June 30th! (I made it into this awesome group by the skin of my teeth!)

I had RNY, I am 25 years old, and I'm doing alright! I'm a bit sore, but I'm able to get liquid down pretty easily. It actually scares me how easy it is, but at least I'm not having trouble...right?

I don't mind! :)

A bit longer. I chose the full bypass for a couple of reasons. One is that my doctor is very hesitant to do lap bands anymore. Another is that I had a WICKED sweet tooth, and felt the bypass would be the best to help combat that. And finally, that was the one my surgeon recommended for me, so I was willing to have the longer healing time.

I have requested twice and still have not been approved for the Facebook group. What did I do wrong?

So I had RNY on Monday June 30th. Came home yesterday the 2nd around 11 am. Overall I feel really really good. My surgery day weight was 228 and my HW was 242 the doctor was so impressed with how much I lost but did joke and day "you didn't leave me with much room to work in there!" A couple of times I have felt light headed and I actually haven't had a BM since Saturday :( so I just took milk of magnesia to hopefully get that process going.

Anyone else have the same post op issue with BM's?

Mind if I join?

Hi all! I had my surgery June 30th! (I made it into this awesome group by the skin of my teeth!)

I had RNY, I am 25 years old, and I'm doing alright! I'm a bit sore, but I'm able to get liquid down pretty easily. It actually scares me how easy it is, but at least I'm not having trouble...right?

I had my band on the 30th and I'm 24!

So I had RNY on Monday June 30th. Came home yesterday the 2nd around 11 am. Overall I feel really really good. My surgery day weight was 228 and my HW was 242 the doctor was so impressed with how much I lost but did joke and day "you didn't leave me with much room to work in there!" A couple of times I have felt light headed and I actually haven't had a BM since Saturday :( so I just took milk of magnesia to hopefully get that process going.

Anyone else have the same post op issue with BM's?

Yes. I went a few days without going and when I tried to go it was too big. :( Ouch. Next time I will be taking a stool softener before I get to that point again.

I have requested twice and still have not been approved for the Facebook group. What did I do wrong?

I'm not sure where you requested... If you want to join, just message me your email address (the one you use for facebook). I will send the invite once I get that.

Jennifer

Ok all... anyone who had surgery in June 2014... if you would like to join the Facebook page I will need your email address, the one you use to login to facebook, in order to send the invite. You can message your email address to me via the "send message" button. Just hover your cursor over my name and a box should open, on the bottom left there should be a "send message" button. Let me know if you need anything else.

I have gone through my mail and sent the invites (as well as checked this forum. If you already gave me your email address, please go to your facebook page and check to see if the invite is there. If I missed your request, please send me your email via message here.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Hi

I already did this and today I have been removed?

Not sure what has happened?

Thanks

Krystal

How is everyone doing today?

I'm just sip-sip-sipping...

So how is your first holiday going (4th of July)?

That happened to me too Krystal. Yesterday I could go on the Facebook page and today it has disappeared. Anyone know why? Thanks.

Ok so it's not just me....I was disappointed...

What happened to this group?! It was my support. My life-support!

Hey everybody I guess they had to many people on there support group and de friended us. Is anyone interested in starting our own?