Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Bandiversary!142+lbs Gone!

I started my journey at 33 years old, weighing 289lbs on a 5'1" frame, and looked like I had no neck or eyes:-) My blood pressure was 180/98. This surgery was my ONLY hope because without it I knew I was only going to get bigger and the healthy issues more severe. So, One year ago today I remember checking into the surgerical center and waiting to be called back for my surgery; I was nervous as hell and wondering if I was making the right decision. Well today, 1 year later, I'm confident I made the right decision and would do it all over again in a heartbeat!!!

This has truly been a life changing experience for me on so many different levels. I'm definitely not the same person I was a year ago, I'm healthy, happy and just thankful to have my life back! I didn't realize how much of life I was missing out on until I was given the opportunity to live again! I feel like I can do anthing now with no restrictions!

Has this been a cake walk?? Well, honestly, for ME I never really thought about it, i just did what I knew I had to do and with every passing month I was less of a person than I was the month before:-) Several people have asked, how did you do it, how did you lose all that weight in a years time, even the nurse at my doctor's office asked me this and the honest answer is, I'm nothing special, I chose to follow my doctors instructions to the T, I chose to believe in myself, I chose to have a positive attitude. Going into this I told myself failure wasn't an option, I knew there were certain things I was going to chose to give up forever, I accepted that, moved on and never looked back. The best piece of advice I can give to anyone starting out on this journey or is needing a restart is believe in yourself, if you put in 100% you'll get 100% back, don't set and dwell on the things you can't have, think of all the things you can have because you made the choice to kick some unhealthy habits out of your life. The reward will be so much sweeter than anything you can imagine!!

We all started this journey out with similar worries and fears, always keep that in your mind and remember that one person(s) that encouraged you through the tough times, pay it forward!!! One of the greatest joys for me is being able to help someone else who is where I was. That's why this site is so great! So if you find yourself stuck in a rut one of the greatest ways out is by helping someone else.

May 14, 2013- Before Pre-op Diet- 289

May 30, 2013- Day of Surgery- 273

May 30, 2014- 147ish (I haven't weighed, go for my check up next week)

Total weight lose- 142lbs

I started out wearing a size 20-22W in pants

A size 3X Shirt (24-26)

TODAY, I'm in a size 5 pants, and med/small shirts!

My blood pressure is 128/78, my cholestorol is NORMAL, my liver is NORMAL

I've almost lost more than I actually weigh now:-) I'm just thrilled!

I HAVE A NECK NOW AND 2 EYES THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE!! I MAKE IT A POINT TO MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH EVERYONE I MEET NOW INSTEAD OF WALKING WITH MY HEAD DOWN.

Just know if you stay the course you will achieve your goal!!

post-147342-0-46860900-1401467588_thumb.jpg

Edited by enjoythetime

OK, I hope this comes across like I intend it? But, if you have kids, you must have seen Shrek? Looking at your pics? Before and after? Cameron Diaz has nothing over you(except tons of money maybe).

Anywho, you look wonderful now and you are an inspiration to so many.

tmf

LOL....TMF, at first I thought you were going to tell me I looked like shrek in my before pic, which I would completely agree with only I perfer Fiona:-).

You're so sweet! You're one of those people I mentioned who have been a huge inspiration and source of encourangement for me along my journey!!!!!

Thanks!

ahhhhhh! you're so awesome!!! i love this post! congrats girl, you deserve all of this. you worked your butt off (literally!) to get where you are from a year ago!!!

LOL....TMF, at first I thought you were going to tell me I looked like shrek in my before pic, which I would completely agree with only I perfer Fiona:-).

You're so sweet! You're one of those people I mentioned who have been a huge inspiration and source of encourangement for me along my journey!!!!!

Thanks!

See, I knew I'd screw it up. Fiona, yes, and Shrek, no way.

O M G !!!!! congrats , how wonderful, and I love the shirt if only you could have the saying on the shirt under the before and after pics of your self , people would not believe it was you , can we say walking billboard for Lap band , between Carolina girl and you I will know I will get to goal it is just taking me a little longer because of my Thyroid.

That shirt you are wearing says it all....absofreakinglutelyamazing!!

Our stories are very similar...I guess I really do have to be more understanding when people don't recognize me. You have truly undergone a transformation and I have to presume it's the same for me. Mazel Tov and Congratulations my friend. You are inspiring.

I missed the pics in post #1? Hey Fiona, we want to see what Shrek looks like :P

@@Debbie3sons

Thanks Girl!! You WILL get there! You will be at goal in no time, 100#'s that ABSOFREAKINLUTELYAMAZING!!!:-)

O M G !!!!! congrats , how wonderful, and I love the shirt if only you could have the saying on the shirt under the before and after pics of your self , people would not believe it was you , can we say walking billboard for Lap band , between Carolina girl and you I will know I will get to goal it is just taking me a little longer because of my Thyroid.

No, you didn't miss them I forgot to attach the pic at first. :lol:

I missed the pics in post #1? Hey Fiona, we want to see what Shrek looks like :P

@@gowalking ((hugs)) to you! You're just incredible!!!!

That shirt you are wearing says it all....absofreakinglutelyamazing!!

Our stories are very similar...I guess I really do have to be more understanding when people don't recognize me. You have truly undergone a transformation and I have to presume it's the same for me. Mazel Tov and Congratulations my friend. You are inspiring.

You are AMAZING and truly INSPIRING!!! I love your posts and I am just so happy for you........really, really showing up for life in such a wonderful way.

Wow. Great results and very inspiring. I'm just starting this journey. I'm in Texas and have my pre-op physical coming up soon. Not sure what to expect. My hubby is very supportive and I've just joined this forum for advice and encouragement.

Thanks for sharing!

Have a wonderful day,

Makingchanges4me

You have done a fantastic job and you should be very proud of your accomplishments. It is so true, just stick to what the doctor and staff tell you and you will be successful. I know from my own experience that it is Avery I powering experience. Keep up the great work.