Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone booked for 10th June?

Hi, I am booked for a Gastric Bypass on June 10th. It's something I have dreamed of for years but I am also so scared of the op and the future! Would love to chat to others in the same position. Thanks.

Hi, I am booked for a Gastric Bypass on June 10th. It's something I have dreamed of for years but I am also so scared of the op and the future! Would love to chat to others in the same position. Thanks.

Hi, I am also booked for June 10th. I am just a bundle of nerves!

Hi Bypass Buddy :) I am still trying to wrap my head around this. I am scheduled for the 10th but a recent change to the RNY has left me scrambling for info. Was the RNY your first choice?

My date is June 9th. RNY was my first choice. I have sleep apnea and GERD. The reflux scared me away from any consideration of the sleeve. Anything that might potentially make this reflux worse is OFF my list!

Honestly, I don't see the hesitation about bypass versus sleeve. The bypass is the gold standard and most common and tested surgery. The % of excess body weight lost is better with the bypass and I see so many people on this site revising from sleeve to bypass. I wanted to go with what would give me the best success.

Of course, it's scary to think about malabsorption but my surgeon told me that newer research is showing that it is not as bad and they first thought. And besides, with either surgery you have to take Vitamins anyway -- I don't see a big difference.

Just my 2 cents and I completely understand you're feeling whammied by the last minute change. That would have thrown me for a loop too. I had an emergency c-section with my first baby and I was devastated But with bypass or sleeve, the aftercare isn't that much different and I think you'll do fine as long as you prepare yourself mentally.

I am booked for the10th! I can't wait!! My surgeon doesn't require a liquid diet, just that I don't gain any weight before surgery. I had my first Protein shake this morning. It wasn't too bad. I got it down no problem.

I have my pre-open June 4th.

Hi Bypass Buddy :) I am still trying to wrap my head around this. I am scheduled for the 10th but a recent change to the RNY has left me scrambling for info. Was the RNY your first choice?

Hi,band was my original choice as I was petrified of bypass but don't want to have band and then need more ops later so took the plunge and went for the bypass.

I am very nervous of the op and the pain afterwards but trying not to think too much about that and am taking things one day at a time.

Nice to have others having their op on the same day, hope we can support each other x

Well liquid diet going quite well today, the headache I had for three days has thankfully now gone and I haven't felt that hungry today,drinking loads of Water and feeling quite good today!

How are the rest of you getting on?

Well, this day 4, I was an emotional rollercoaster last night. I do really well in the morning and fade as the day goes on. By evening, I'm hungry, grumpy and tired. Hoping this will pass as I get used to things. Fortunately those around me have been very forgiving. Trying to even out my Protein intake through the day and not 6 hours apart, hope that will help.

I'm having a really hard time with the liquid diet. I'm so hungry and the hunger pangs are so strong I can't say no to food. It's healthy food, but still... I'm scheduled for surgery this Tuesday (3rd). Does anyone know if it's a big deal to eat some and switch to liquids the day before?

I'm having a really hard time with the liquid diet. I'm so hungry and the hunger pangs are so strong I can't say no to food. It's healthy food, but still... I'm scheduled for surgery this Tuesday (3rd). Does anyone know if it's a big deal to eat some and switch to liquids the day before?

I want to say, yes, it matters. You can't have anything except what the surgeon says you can. Because this is what I tell myself, knowing that aboslutes are easier for me to follow.

Will it help you to know that some doctors don't require a pre-op diet at all, except for the one day of clear liquid and fasting required by all such surgeries?

sorry I can't really answer your question but I feel for you-yesterday I felt AWFUL with the hunger pangs I thought i was going to go mad! BUT today is another day and thankfully a lot easier. Hope someone can help you find the answer x

I am also scheduled for June 10th and am finding the liquid diet very difficult. I also have been having headaches and fatigue.

From what I have researched and what my surgeon said I think I really have to stick to the liquid diet. The surgeon told met I had to so my liver shrinks.

I know how hard this diet is!! I wish I had some good advice to help. I really hope I can stick to it until June 10th.

am booked for june 12th........

I am also scheduled for June 10th and am finding the liquid diet very difficult. I also have been having headaches and fatigue.

From what I have researched and what my surgeon said I think I really have to stick to the liquid diet. The surgeon told met I had to so my liver shrinks.

I know how hard this diet is!! I wish I had some good advice to help. I really hope I can stick to it until June 10th.

The first three days were hell, but now on day 4 I am doing better. My emotions were all over. Fat stores hormones and losing weight has released them. God help my family & friends through this. Spreading out my Protein has helped, but I really struggle at night.

I have two to three Protein shakes an 4-6 oz of meat with some leafy greens each day. Its hard to stick to but im doing my best.