Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bigger Boobs, REALLY!?!?

When I was fat I wore a 42DD. I went out this weekend to get a new bra and I bought a 38DD.

When I put the new bra on it fits great around but I am pouring out of the cups.

I have lost nearly 60 pounds and my boobs got bigger? Has anybody ever heard of this?

If you go up to a 40DD you'll probably be fine. Plus, every brand fits different too.

As bra sizes go down, so do the cup sizes. Even though it still reads as a DD! The reverse is also true. I am a B cup and have been all my adult life. As my band size increased so did the cup size, much to my frustration. :huh: My thought is that your breast size has not reduced, just the band size. That being said, always try on everything you want to buy to see if it fits!!!

I went shopping this weekend and I now wear a size medium in some things, a large in others...and an X-large depending on the brand. I still haven't found a bra that fits correctly. sigh!

Good luck to you and congrats on the weight loss. :)

I didn't get smaller, just LONGER. Gravity is a b%#ch!

I am sorry but, I laughed only because, I have no boobs at all all mine ended up in my rearend lol So if mine grow I am throwing a PARTY!!! LOL

(Sorry, my inner bravangelist is coming out here.)

Most women are wearing the wrong size bra. If you think a DD bra is big, you are one of them. If you think C is average, you are DEFINITELY in the wrong size. If the band on your bra rides up at all, you're in the wrong size. If the underwire isn't touching your ribcage at ALL points, you are in the wrong bra size. If you have underwire touching breast tissue, you are in the wrong size. If you have weird gapping issues while half your boobs spill out, you're in the wrong size and shape.

I hope I can link to other forums here without getting in trouble. But go read www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits and look at the information on the sidebar. There's information on how to properly measure and size for a bra.

The right size bra can make you look 10lbs thinner and end your back/neck/shoulder pain. Seriously, take the 10 min to measure properly! I promise, it's worth it!

</end my bravangelism. Couldn't resist.>

Preach it!!!

Most of us women do wear the wrong size. Here are the basics, though, your boobs did NOT get bigger.

Cup size is the difference between the band size and the measurement around the biggest part of the breasts.

1" = A cup

2" = B cup

Etc

So if you truly were a well fitting 42DD before your chest measurement should have been 47" (42 + 5)

At a 36DD it would be 41" (36 + 5)

Best thing to do is get professionally fitted. Most department stores will do it and so will Victoria's Secret and lots of boutiques.

If you can't do that at least try measuring yourself using the instructions here:

http://www.calculator.net/bra-size-calculator.html

And your band size is WHAT YOU ACTUALLY MEASURE UNDER THE BUST. No adding of inches or measuring over the boobs like VS likes to do.

The old +4 method was done back when bras were actually pretty rigid and didn't have the stretch modern elastic does.

Stop adding inches. Measure your underbust, measure your chest (without a terribly fitting bra on!) and do the math. Do not be surprised if you end up in the G/GG/H range, that's actually closer to "average" than C is.

If you end up with a "WTF where am I going to find a bra in THAT size" size, try:

www.herroom.com

www.figleaves.com

Zulily has good sales. Amazon and Ebay are great.

So: Don't add inches. Don't measure over your bust. Measure tight, the band is supposed to do 90% of the work. It needs to be tight.

And don't suffer sticker shock when you realize your D's are really G's. ;)

I have been "professionally" fitted many times over the years...and they are always surprised when the bra doesn't fit. I was at "Soma" bra store this weekend. According to the professional, my measurement should be a 40D. The 40 was correct. The D part...not so much! There was enough room in the cup for my breasts, my sisters, and the professional fitters. :blink:

My breasts are tear drop shaped and have always been a problem. Demi-cups worked when I wasn't over weight. I will stick to sports bras until I have lost enough weight to fit a proper bra. I might have to consider an augmentation so I can get something to fit correctly! :huh:

I resorted to sports bras for a while too. I finally went to a local boutique to be fitted. Most bras were too small, a few too big, a number of them felt like instruments of torture. I had always wore padded underwire bras, but I found a couple of sheer underwire that worked well, and a couple of padded without underwire that still provide lift and are very comfortable. It was nice to be at a boutique where I wasn't being "fitted" by a teenager. Also, the lady brought me a million different styles and after a while, helped me hook the bras! (She works hard for the money!) It was worth the time spent. I am a 40 D, btw.

Don't get measured at Victoria's Secret unless you can fit into their bras. Go to Nordstrom or if you have one, a place like Intimacy (there is one here on the mag mile in Chicago). Make sure the person measuring you is trained. You probably need a smaller band and a bigger cup. Sadly I've never been of the big boob brigade dispite being a big girl. Things like dresses always fit in the tummy and hips and had room for days in the chest.

I am sorry but, I laughed only because, I have no boobs at all all mine ended up in my rearend lol So if mine grow I am throwing a PARTY!!! LOL

This reminds me of seeing Maya Angelou on TV talking about how her "sisters" were having a race towards her belt!