Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was in the Pocono mountains with my kids and the grandbaby. We saw the moon also and it was spectacular...it was red like the sun.

Digital Detox? Yeah, me too. Started about 10 months ago.

So, what is this Bandsters #6 thread all about? I see a lot of old friends. I went in to have my left knee replaced on October 20th and then had acute appendicitis on December 4th and then my right knee was replaced on December 22nd. My strength is pretty much back to normal now but the knees are still healing, very slowly.

Took me about 3 months to kick the percocets/oxycodone but that's behind me now. Good to see you all again.

tmf(Dan)

I Wandered what happened to you , but it sounds like you're on the mends good to hear from you TMF (Dan) , WOW you must have missed a lot Bandersthe # 6 is from the first one that CG (Carolina girl) Started , but it's almost time for a Bandersthe # 7 Lol because this one has a lot of posts just not there yet , well hope all is well ot getting better for you , also don't know if you know CG has a blog under Banded Carolina girl WordPress , she's not on here much because of some things.

@@2muchfun missed you! Appendicitis, yikes, that must have been pretty scary with the band. And bracketed by two knee surgeries. Not fun. Glad you're off the meds; that's no way to live. You are one of the people who really inspired me, especially in the exercise realm. Can you bike yet? Hope you have a wonderful autumn and a much better December than last year.

Here's an interesting article I just put up on the general weight loss forum -- sure am glad for the dimmed appetite: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/30/opinion/diet-advice-that-ignores-hunger.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

Digital Detox? Yeah, me too. Started about 10 months ago.

So, what is this Bandsters #6 thread all about? I see a lot of old friends. I went in to have my left knee replaced on October 20th and then had acute appendicitis on December 4th and then my right knee was replaced on December 22nd. My strength is pretty much back to normal now but the knees are still healing, very slowly.

Took me about 3 months to kick the percocets/oxycodone but that's behind me now. Good to see you all again.

tmf(Dan)

So glad to hear from you Dan. I knew you were having the knee replacements obviously as we've talked about it with my hips being replaced but I was hoping all was well as I didn't see you on the boards. It takes time as you now know to get those new joints up and running. Especially as we often wait till things are really bad before replacing them. Here's my big news in case you missed it. I made it to London and had a wonderful time. I walked for miles and miles...I even biked through the city on a tour. This was a trip I never thought I'd make and wanted to do for the longest time.

If not for the lapband and the hip surgery, I would have stayed on the sidelines of life instead of being an active member again. I am grateful beyond words.

Welcome back!!

Liz

I Wandered what happened to you , but it sounds like you're on the mends good to hear from you TMF (Dan) , WOW you must have missed a lot Bandersthe # 6 is from the first one that CG (Carolina girl) Started , but it's almost time for a Bandersthe # 7 Lol because this one has a lot of posts just not there yet , well hope all is well ot getting better for you , also don't know if you know CG has a blog under Banded Carolina girl WordPress , she's not on here much because of some things.

We probably should start a Bandsters #7 Debbie. This one has been going for more than a year. I'm not sure where the prior threads are...I started when we were on Bandsters #3 or 4 I think. I doubt if CG will start the new thread, but I'm good with you starting the new one and letting the folks who follow this one know that we've moved over. Or if you want me to start it, I'm fine with that.

Liz

Jump in with both feet Liz and get lucky #7 started!!! I need a reset in more ways than one!

@@gowalking (Miss Liz) By all means PLEASE START BANDERS#7 , just remember to PLEASE LET US KNOW SO WE CAN MOVE OVER SINCE SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT ON OR HAVE LEFT BECAUSE OF THEIR REASONS , WITH THE CHANGE THAT THEY DID FOR BARIATRIC PAL I AM ONLY DISAPPOINTED THAT I DON'T SEE MY FRIENDS LIST SINCE WE STARTED ON THE LAPBAND SITE

Turns out that many of our old friends, while maybe not posting, are still on the boards. I reached out to CG to find out how to shut this thread down and once I know how that is done, I'll start Banders #7

Alrighty then just make sure and let us know We are moving so WE can stay in touch.

Good to see familiar faces again. And good to see so many are still trucking along successfully. Gowalking, you're an inspiration to all.

As for me, I'm back to biking. Strength level is close to 100% again. I struggle with long walks and going downhill. I lost another 15 lbs during the surgery/recovery but gained it back + 5 lbs. Need to get back to eating healthier but not worried about it. The band is still there doing it's job.

tmf

Hi Friends. Never heard back from CG so I'm sending an IM to Alex asking him to shut down this thread. I'm starting the Banders #7 now so please head over there to continue the journey we are on.

Liz