Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liz does your band act tighter when you have a cold?

Liz does your band act tighter when you have a cold?

No...I don't have the same tightness issues like most other bandsters because I've never had a fill. That's why I never comment on anything like sliming, getting stuck, being tight, etc. I know, I know...even my bariatric surgeon can't believe that I've been able to stay in the green after all this time with no adjustments.

No...I don't have the same tightness issues like most other bandsters because I've never had a fill. That's why I never comment on anything like sliming, getting stuck, being tight, etc. I know, I know...even my bariatric surgeon can't believe that I've been able to stay in the green after all this time with no adjustments.

True but the band is still there. I haven't had a full blown cold since surgery almost a year ago. I know stress makes it feel tighter and I've heard that congestion really does a number on it too. Feel better soon!

Have a blast in Florida. ????Hopeful for you that warm sun makes your cold go away...for some reason, heat is very kind to my band.

Something to consider as I get older... Obviously the snow birds and retirees get it...

Ps it finally rained in California... Still gonna have Water rationing and lots if dead lawns. Lawns may become a thing of the past... I hope so in arid climates. I know.. Just me

Just got more snow, ugh. It's been quite the winter -- I agree, Julie, I think there's a snowbird inside of me waiting for a time when I can go back and forth to some sunny locale.....Have fun, Liz, in that wet suit, lol.

Just checking in with my peeps. Where is everybody?

I've been having a rough week at home with my mom. Trying to put it in perspective and looking forward to my daughter's spring break this coming weekend.

One day at a time!

Hi all. Heard from my son.. more snow up North. The weather here in South Florida has been nothing short of spectacular. Wish you gals could be here with me hanging out poolside.

Hello everyone.

Everyone seems to be doing well this winter. It is freezing today after a 45 degree day yesterday and of course we got snow again today, in Boston.

I don't know if you all read CG's blog but her FIL passed away this morning. He has been sick and had cancer. We talk many times a day.

Liz, glad you're in FL enjoying yourself. I drove my brother and SIL yesterday to the airport so they are there for 8 days. Lucky.

I went to the gym the other day for the first time in 6-9 weeks and it felt great but this weather keeps me in because I hate wearing boots and taking sneakers. I leave all my stuff in the car and run into the gym so I don't need to use a locker because most of them don't lock. Yes I have complained to them many times. I put my handbag against the drivers seat and have a bath towel on the seat that hangs over. It works.

Everyone have a great Thursday.

Stay warm and healthy.

Arlene

carolinagirl, don't know if you're checking in, but I miss your posts. My sympathy in your time of loss.

Edited by JustWatchMe

She does read, doesn't respond or post but she does read because of some negative comments or people she does pop in every once in a great while , She is just doing her & her family , you all know we all go through our stuff, whatever it may be bad , good , happy or sad.

I truly do know how painful losing someone close is and I hope CG knows we are all thinking of her.

I miss her funny, off the cuff remarks.

It is a good day when I get a good laugh here.

Hope she can return soon.

Funny how I look here daily and find some bit of info about our banded life that helps me????

I also find it helpful to check in and hopefully to help some one out a little in some way. Keeps my head in the game. I was discouraged to see more anti-band talk this morning. Usually I can laugh off the foreign object nonsense but right now I find it frustrating that newcomers see all of that. Guess I can't take it on every it time. The trying to add my upbeat view of what's worked for me without bias...etc. This week I slipped into a bit of the blues -- not sure why. Quite a bit of elder care just now, overwhelmed by paperwork and so very sick of winter. Started taking a supplement that usually works well for me but so far just trudging through waiting to feel like myself again. Exercise program hit then skids -- I need those endorphins.

@go walking:

Where in South Fl? I'm near Jupiter...

@ Bandtista have you changed where when we first put in our information & where it says surgery or something like that then you will only open on the band site , if you are going to where it says General wls then it is open to everyone but try & see what I first said & change it to Lap band, hope this helps.