Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders, I hope this doesn't sound braggy. I just want to share some pure joy today. I got a raise at work. My reviews are always good, but the company was on a wage freeze the first four years I worked there. We got a little raise last year and a slightly better one this year. I'm on my own now, so this was a real joy for me today. And I filled out the FAFSA forms for my daughters last night, and since it's now based on my income alone, they may actually get more money as financial aid.

After the month I just had, this is very welcome financial news.

Banders, I hope this doesn't sound braggy. I just want to share some pure joy today. I got a raise at work. My reviews are always good, but the company was on a wage freeze the first four years I worked there. We got a little raise last year and a slightly better one this year. I'm on my own now, so this was a real joy for me today. And I filled out the FAFSA forms for my daughters last night, and since it's now based on my income alone, they may actually get more money as financial aid.

After the month I just had, this is very welcome financial news.

Wonderful news. So happy for you!!

not braggy you should be proud of your accomplishment. In this economy if you get a raise you need to Celebrate. My business has been off since 2008.

Enjoythetime, Thanks for the information, I think I will concentrate on increasing my Protein with less fat of course and not so much on calories. I know I won't overeat much because my band is pretty well adjusted. It's a learning experience everyday with the band. Some things I used to like to eat I can't and some things I thought I couldn't eat I can now eat. it's weird.

@ justwatchme My Son & I fill out the FASA every year & we've also been trying for a scholarship from my work for him v, since I'm head of household , I also get credit because he is in school so it gives me more money on my taxes , it's great but probably will stop soon because he is supposed to Graduate this year but if you are paying for any books or anything your daughters need then have them send you receipts v, I think you can also put that on your taxes , every little bit helps n

I don't like to complain about the weather especially to all of the Northern friends. It is cold here in Fla. too . It was 24 this morning and that is pretty cold for us. supposed to be 18 in the AM. yes I am pretty tired of having to wear layers of clothes but we don't have snow and ice to contend with and I can get out . Liz I am glad you are enjoying your dating life. It's great to have someone to share meals and conversation, etc. Please everyone in these really cold and snowy areas be careful. Have a wonderful weekend if you can.

I will normally have a Protein shake with a banana after walking for 30 to 45 minutes. For some reason Protein shakes work better if you do some kind of exercise program before drinking the shake.

Just a reminder for the Meet & Greet in San Diego California at the Grand Hyatt hotel in April if you look up wlfsa on the site you can find out more information & code password is Bariatric pal , , Alex wanted me to send him my url but I have no idea what that is to remind people.

Just thought I would update , I now have 20 _30 lbs to go to get to MY goal weight , I know I still look big but like I said, I will never be skinny but I sure as heck am more healthy & movable than I used to be .

post-139624-14248973965101_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14248974343647_thumb.jpg

well Debbie you are 103 lbs smaller than you were. That is something to be proud of.. I am not what I call skinny either but i'm healthy and I can do things I couldn't do 2 years ago.

Debbie you look amazing !!

Good for you Debbie. I'm not about perfect numbers. And after 8+ years it is not likely I'll reach a number my dr picked.

But I like size 12!!

Our lives have been profoundly changed and I am grateful????

Good for you Debbie. I'm not about perfect numbers. And after 8+ years it is not likely I'll reach a number my dr picked.

But I like size 12!!

Our lives have been profoundly changed and I am grateful

My original band Dr would of Been thrilled for me to keep off 55% of the weight that I needed to lose after 3 years but have done way better then that. Especially since I have no doubt at the rate I was gaining weight I would be well beyond 400 lbs by now.

My quality of life is so much better today then I would of ever thought it could be.

Edited by jfc193

Just back from a little urban getaway -- such a contrast to my life here in the boonies! Two nights of hotel life to see a concert (fantastic). Had a great time dressing up and feeling good. We were with friends and food is always a focus -- where to eat, etc. I indulged in little bits of everything I wanted, which didn't turn out to be much, really. Big desire for chocolate for example -- completely satisfied with a tiny piece. Crab cakes (a favorite food) and the appetizer version was perfect. Cheeses, just a small piece of each was fine. Loving this life! No on a plan/off a plan, just being. This is my new normal. I do like my home routine and am glad to be back in that groove -- our Water is so delicious here and I feel a little dehydrated. And even though we walked quite a bit I am missing being really well exercised. Just so much harder to achieve that in the winter months. Come on spring!

My NSV today is wearing a new company polo shirt and jeans for casual Friday. Size L.

When I was hired, the largest shirt they had (2x) didn't fit and I didn't own a pair of jeans.

I love casual Friday now.

So I'm packed and ready to head to Florida tomorrow...but as timing is everything..I am suffering from a pretty nasty cold at the moment. I think with so many colleagues sick, I finally succumbed. My nose is sooo red and the skin chapped because of how much I am blowing my nose. But even with a cold, I'm still going to bake in the sun and try to soak up as much of the heat as possible.

Was supposed to meet a new guy this afternoon but I canceled...we'll meet up after I'm back. Oh..and I had to buy a smaller wetsuit for the pool. The salesman needed to know what size to bring up from the stockroom and asked me two questions that would have sent me into a tailspin once upon a time. He asked me what I weighed and what size was the dress I had on. First time in a veeery long time that I answered honestly. :P

Have a great Saturday everyone.