Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Took a huge step this morning. Got tired of the limitations set by one of the fellows I've been involved with for quite some time now. I ended it. Not him...me. Am slowly learing that there's nothing wrong with wanting more than someone can give. It just means that I have to be strong enough to say I'm worth it. God...this is so much more than just a weight loss journey. Glad to have friends here who will listen and not judge.

I knew dating would be fraught with danger. My pattern has always been to fill up the emotional void with food. This was a good thing I did even though I'm sad. I'm reminding myself that I'm not mourning the relationship as it was...I'm mourning the relationship the way I wanted it to be.

Most importantly, I'm not feeling out of control. Going to go to the pool tonight and get back to doing what makes me happy. Have a great hump day all.

Liz, you are my hero.

Never made it to the surgeon's office yesterday thanks to more snow and a traffic jam caused by an accident. I talked to the NP on the phone and told her I wasn't wanting a fill anyway, so I'll reschedule for three weeks from now. Feels weird to miss an appointment, but at least I can delay my 2015 deductible cost for a month!!

Liz, you are my hero.

Thanks for that. I surely don't feel like I'm anyone's hero. I just know I did the right thing and that tomorrow will be better, and the next day better still. What would have been bad would have been accepting the relationship as it was.

Liz, I bought a purse the other day. It was something I had to weigh for quite a while in the little boutique. At one point I decided to try putting all my stuff inside to see how it would all fit and that is when I discovered a little slip of paper in the bottom of the inside zippered pouch. The paper, very hand-written, reads one side in French and the other in English, "Reach For The Stars." It's my new motto. I bought it. Then I checked all the other purses - no messages. Guess that was the purse for me. I was having trouble with whether I deserved it. Reach for the stars!

Sorry to hear about snow back easters. I took myself to heal in the islands and I am happy after a rough yearpost-121934-14232467349562_thumb.jpg. Back to reality soon. But I used the gym and ate properly and all is well. Oops. Those piña coladas don't count right ?

Yay Julie!

I've had a good week with the food and some stair climbing at work. I'm emotionally stressed with divorce discovery work that is due soon and I work on it a little each day. I bumped up my counseling appointment earlier to next week to help me get some coping mechanisms. I'm working on the paperwork today on my lunch hour. Emotional questions to answer. Ugh. Anyway tonight I am dining out with two supportive friends whom I haven't seen since September. Recharging the old batteries. One day at a time.

@ Julie Norton the pina coladas have coconut milk & pineapple so there still a good choice Lol n

Thank you. It is the most joy I've experienced in 9 months ....my friends and my bander buddies have helped ease me through????

I am trying to ease into widowhood

And of course coping now without abusing food....or anything... But 2 pineapple/cocoanut/vodka was fun

last night....and the balcony overlooked a gorgeous wedding at sunset.

Another chapter that I was not ready for and here it is...isn't that how life is?

Hi Julie, soak up that sunshine and laughter, JOY! A new chapter, indeed, and as you say we never know what's around the bend. I'm sorry for all you've been through. This trip must be so healing. Here's to feeling all our feelings and not trying to quash them with food. It never really worked for me anyway -- I just got fat!

I'm struggling a bit with my last fill. That was a couple of weeks ago and it may be a bit tight. I'm gurgly in my esophagus and that is embarrassing (plus, duh, not good). And I've had sliming and stuck episodes. It seems obvious that I should go get a little unfill. The thing is, I've been sick and i know that's a contributing factor. I kept waiting for it to pass but this cold is long-running. I know I can't really assess the band accurately when I have these sinus issues. Mucous, yuck! Then I got my period (first since September -- can't I be done done?) and the hormones are also a factor. Plus it's damn cold and I think my band is tighter in the cold as well. So I keep waiting it out but this is going on too long. Now it's snowing cats and dogs so I couldn't go for an unfill for a few days anyway. I know no one can decide but me, however any thoughts are welcome.

Bandista, too tight is always my worry. That's why I've been pretty conservative with my fills. I'm afraid the unfilling might not work as well as the filling. But while you wait and carefully eat, how about just focusing on liquids this week? I know it's hard, but you won't do damage on liquids, and it will buy you time until your appointment. Eat rich and creamy Soups so you don't feel deprived. Good luck. Let us know what happens.

@bandista. Thanks for the lovely healing words. Hawaii is great and home had 5" of rain

Thankful to know someone is thinking about us and our issues

Take care of yourself and hope you solve your band issue quickly.

Hard to enjoy simple things if you don't know what will happen when you try to eat

4 more days of never- never land

My band has been behaving hurrah

Ok time for a laugh well at least I thought it was , , I was doing my taxes the other day & , my Son came to meet me after he got out of school , well when he found out how much I was getting back , him being hungry at that time said you know how much food you could get off the Dollar menu , I said yes but you have to remember I don't eat at some of those places any more & I had a t shirt on & I lifted my arm up for something put it down , I guess my bat wings are even more noticeable now because he started playing with it , then I had to give my tax rep my licences for something mind you I have never met before when he looked at it he said that's not you & said you have lost a LOT of weight , I replied yes & thank you finished the taxes & went on my way , well my son wanted pretzel crust pizza from little Caesar's so I took him , they didn't have it there was a Subway next door so he got a wheat bread tuna with avocado, bellpepper & cucumber but he always gets extra Mayonnaise he can eat that way , so I went home & ate a ground chicken party , I just thought it was funny though while him being hungry said you know how much food you could get off the Dollar menu .

Hi friends. Finally got hold of one of the professional shots taken at the Christmas party and wanted you all to see it.

Liz

post-142630-0-50489300-1423620504_thumb.jpg

Hi friends. Finally got hold of one of the professional shots taken at the Christmas party and wanted you all to see it.

Liz

attachicon.gifIMG_20150210_155218_282.jpg

Liz, you look amazing and very happy. Hard work pays off. I wish I could be disciplined.

Arlene