Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I danced Saturday night with two men I had met before. They barely recognized me until I spoke with them. Had a fun evening

Happy Monday pals!!! It's freezing raining here in NY after we got about another 4 inches of snow so of course now there is a horrible mess out there and they are expecting an arctic freeze later in the day that is going to make commuting treacherous.

I have decided to take a personal day from work and stay home even though of course I am working from home...but at least I can stay snug and warm in my fleece PJ's and keep an eye on my 4 legged children who don't love this weather any more than I do!

SuperBowl Sunday was great until my husband made some pigs in blankets (mini hotdogs in cresent rolls) of course these are a favorite and I ate all of three of them and got 100% stuck! That little nub on the end of the hot dog was enough to plug my stoma and cause some really uncomfortable wretching thank goodness we were home in our own house an I should have stuck to my carrots and hummus!!

Painful lesson learned by both hubs and myself. He felt so bad that he made them and served them to me...but you know I am a grown woman and I made the choice to put them in my mouth. So today there is that extra special swelling going on and it looks like at least a few days of liquids to rest and relax my poor esphogus, belly and band.

The up side of the Super Bowl no matter the winners or losers though I have to say the calls made at the end of the game were sickening and I really feel for the Seattle fans!!! Ken did win the half time score for the football pool I started :)

How is everyone else doing??

Update on date?

It was very nice. We walked around the market and had lunch. I had a cup of lentil Soup and a half a grilled cheese sandwich. It was a real treat. He seems like a nice man....very talkative. Maybe a little too talkative. I didn't get to say much. If we go out again, we'll have to see how that part goes. Right now, it's fine but if I can't get a word in edgewise, it may be an issue at some point because I like to talk as well... :D

Happy Monday pals!!! It's freezing raining here in NY after we got about another 4 inches of snow so of course now there is a horrible mess out there and they are expecting an arctic freeze later in the day that is going to make commuting treacherous.

I have decided to take a personal day from work and stay home even though of course I am working from home...but at least I can stay snug and warm in my fleece PJ's and keep an eye on my 4 legged children who don't love this weather any more than I do!

SuperBowl Sunday was great until my husband made some pigs in blankets (mini hotdogs in cresent rolls) of course these are a favorite and I ate all of three of them and got 100% stuck! That little nub on the end of the hot dog was enough to plug my stoma and cause some really uncomfortable wretching thank goodness we were home in our own house an I should have stuck to my carrots and hummus!!

Painful lesson learned by both hubs and myself. He felt so bad that he made them and served them to me...but you know I am a grown woman and I made the choice to put them in my mouth. So today there is that extra special swelling going on and it looks like at least a few days of liquids to rest and relax my poor esphogus, belly and band.

The up side of the Super Bowl no matter the winners or losers though I have to say the calls made at the end of the game were sickening and I really feel for the Seattle fans!!! Ken did win the half time score for the football pool I started :)

How is everyone else doing??

Be careful Lisa. You don't want to fall. A friend of mine slipped on an icy patch yesterday and wound up in the ER. Nothing broken thank goodness but it could have gone the other way. Very slushy and messy here in the city. Glad I'm working from home today.

Nineteen inches of snow here in Chicago. Doggy can't find a happy poop spot outside.

Stay warm and dry east coasters. And pathetically, we are entering drought year # 4.

I thought yesterday's game was quite entertaining. Did not really care who won... But exciting????

I cannot believe it is February Time does help heal some

Hi everyone. Wonderful day again in Boston, more fucking snow. Tomorrow is the Pat's parade at 11. Good luck with the cold and snow. It's when the weather is this bad that I say to my husband I'm glad we don't have a dog anymore. We now have a cat. Long story, our first one ever and we love her.

Liz, glad you liked your date. Maybe he is testing you to see if you are a good listener and next time he'll let you talk? Going out with someone is better than sitting home.

My husband drives a huge SUV limo so he took me out this morning for some food items. His customer cancelled after he left the house but was around 1 mile from here, so not too bad. He still has another job later and I doubt the plane is leaving.

Everyone stay warm and dry and watch you steps walking. A person was killed by a plow in her apartment complex south of Boston this morning.

Arlene

It was very nice. We walked around the market and had lunch. I had a cup of lentil Soup and a half a grilled cheese sandwich. It was a real treat. He seems like a nice man....very talkative. Maybe a little too talkative. I didn't get to say much. If we go out again, we'll have to see how that part goes. Right now, it's fine but if I can't get a word in edgewise, it may be an issue at some point because I like to talk as well... :D

I have a follow up appointment tomorrow but I won't be getting a fill. I seem to be in good green lately. One weird thing though is how my port feels to the touch. When I put my fingers on it, it feels like I could move it around quite a bit under the skin. Even turn it over if I tried. Of course I don't but that's how mobile this thing feels lately. It didn't feel this way when I was still over 200 pounds.

Anybody else's port move around a lot under the skin?

I have a follow up appointment tomorrow but I won't be getting a fill. I seem to be in good green lately. One weird thing though is how my port feels to the touch. When I put my fingers on it, it feels like I could move it around quite a bit under the skin. Even turn it over if I tried. Of course I don't but that's how mobile this thing feels lately. It didn't feel this way when I was still over 200 pounds.

Anybody else's port move around a lot under the skin?

You bet. I can also grab it from underneath and pull it up. I have even been thinking I might have to revise it to a lower profile at some point because it's so pronounced. I don't think I even noticed the port when I was heavier. You should probably check with the doctor just in case there's something up with your port, but I suspect it's just the same as my experience. My surgeon already told me this is all due to the lack of belly fat when I saw her around Christmas time.

It is so very February here just now. Cordwood stacked too high in the carriage house fell on one of the cars (the "good" car), plow man took out our mailbox and there is just so much snow! And more coming. But all is fine. I find myself wanting to cook, but as for eating I am not very hungry even while experiencing work and elder care stress, so that's good. Avoiding the temptation to make brownies for the family (ahem) and that kind of snow baking from my previous life. I don't do that anymore! Am missing being able to walk outdoors -- harder to get exercise right now. Need some workout mojo! And maybe a little retail therapy.

Took a huge step this morning. Got tired of the limitations set by one of the fellows I've been involved with for quite some time now. I ended it. Not him...me. Am slowly learing that there's nothing wrong with wanting more than someone can give. It just means that I have to be strong enough to say I'm worth it. God...this is so much more than just a weight loss journey. Glad to have friends here who will listen and not judge.

I knew dating would be fraught with danger. My pattern has always been to fill up the emotional void with food. This was a good thing I did even though I'm sad. I'm reminding myself that I'm not mourning the relationship as it was...I'm mourning the relationship the way I wanted it to be.

Most importantly, I'm not feeling out of control. Going to go to the pool tonight and get back to doing what makes me happy. Have a great hump day all.

It is so very February here just now. Cordwood stacked too high in the carriage house fell on one of the cars (the "good" car), plow man took out our mailbox and there is just so much snow! And more coming. But all is fine. I find myself wanting to cook, but as for eating I am not very hungry even while experiencing work and elder care stress, so that's good. Avoiding the temptation to make brownies for the family (ahem) and that kind of snow baking from my previous life. I don't do that anymore! Am missing being able to walk outdoors -- harder to get exercise right now. Need some workout mojo! And maybe a little retail therapy.

Sorry about the mishaps. Good for you for not medicating with baked goods. Haha my autocorrect changed baked to naked. I think medicating with naked goods might be okay. Exercise even.