Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Haven't measured the snow as it is drifting so much, but at least two feet here at the base of the mountain. I did, however, measure my waist for some reason (stumbled on the measuring tape). Are you ready? Nine inches off of my waist since surgery. What?! Amazing. I know I need bras. And pants are loose again. But I love, love, love having a waist. I really was Mrs. winnie-the-Pooh. Not anymore!

Lol I love it!

We got about 27 inches in my neck of the woods yesterday. Thank goodness we were home and able to keep ahead of it all. Clearing it away about as fast as it was falling just to make getting out the next day (today) easier then it was during the last storm.

Even though it's only Wed. I feel like it's been a week in 2 days!! All the "preparation" that went into getting ready for the storm. I'm glad we did it I was worried about power outages but in the end it was mostly not necessary but better safe then sorry right?

Here is quick photo of me in my winter gear as I drove with my son in his new car (holding my breath the whole way!) to get gas on Monday morning, and a photo of the puppies out in snow that was way over their heads but still having a great time playing out there in it!

Me...sorry your not going to get me to build a snowman!! Maybe a sand castle on a beach somewhere. I do not like snow or winter! Do love snowflakes in the form of diamond jewelry though but that's about it.

post-146347-0-89112200-1422459300_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-82675800-1422459322_thumb.jpg

We got about 27 inches in my neck of the woods yesterday. Thank goodness we were home and able to keep ahead of it all. Clearing it away about as fast as it was falling just to make getting out the next day (today) easier then it was during the last storm.

Even though it's only Wed. I feel like it's been a week in 2 days!! All the "preparation" that went into getting ready for the storm. I'm glad we did it I was worried about power outages but in the end it was mostly not necessary but better safe then sorry right?

Here is quick photo of me in my winter gear as I drove with my son in his new car (holding my breath the whole way!) to get gas on Monday morning, and a photo of the puppies out in snow that was way over their heads but still having a great time playing out there in it!

Me...sorry your not going to get me to build a snowman!! Maybe a sand castle on a beach somewhere. I do not like snow or winter! Do love snowflakes in the form of diamond jewelry though but that's about it.

attachicon.gifRocking Winter.jpg

attachicon.gifPuppies in the snow.jpg

Oh good! I was going to text you today to find out how bad it was. I'm sure you know the storm was a big bust here in the city though I'm actually fine with it. Did not want my weekend impacted as I am seeing ultrasound pics of the baby on Saturday. Anyway, glad to know that you are all OK and you didn't lose power.

Hi everyone.

I have not been out yet and we got 2-3', don't know the exact amount. I live in a condo and we have to clean our own cars. My husband drives a huge SUV limo and it has no snow on it, thank you wind. My car just has it around the doors not on it. My walkway is done. I live in a townhouse, so I have my own walkway.Last February my husband fell on black ice in our walkway and broke his back so we are more careful now an over salt.

I am about 10 miles south of Boston. My youngest son lives on the ocean, but up a small hill, so he doesn't get the waves but Monday night his wife recorded the 75 mile winds. Sounded awful but they were safe.

A sight will be when I go out to shovel. I have my old ski clothes from my 40's, I am 64 now. But not the complete outfits of each. So my jacket is purple and my pants are hot pink. But I will be warm and dry.

Everyone be safe and dry and warm.

Arlene

@@gowalking Thanks!! We made it through, though I will admit I'm glad the city storm wasn't as bad. I remember a few years ago having to go and dig my father out of the ice cave his cars were covered in.

First baby photo's! Amazing the technology we have today!!

@@dylanmiles23 I'm sure your going to fashionable no matter what! Pink and purple are a great combo and warm and dry are even better!!!

Lisa, you're too darned cute.

Hi friends. I have a question and would love some feedback from ya'll. I've been eating the same way since I was on solid foods some two years ago. Around 1,200 total calories and much like a Weight Watchers program. 3 oz. Protein, 1/2 cup of veggies, and 1/4 cup of carbs at dinner. Breakfast is often oatmeal or cream of wheat or a half a bagel thin with Peanut Butter. Somtimes I'll have two eggs or even Cereal. lunch is usually a half a sandwich. I also have fruit and 100 calorie ice cream or pudding for a treat after dinner.

Because I have no Fluid in my band, I can eat anything so I'm very careful to watch my portions. I've been somewhere between 115-118 lbs. for a couple of months now and figured my weight was stable and I could finally buy some quality clothing without having to worry about getting too small and giving yet more things away.

So...I noticed this week that a pair of slacks I just bought less than a month ago are a little loose. I get on the scale this morning and I weigh 111.6 lbs. I really don't want to keep losing weight at this point. I know that I've probably got at least ten lbs. of loose skin so when I see the scale say that number, it means I'm flirting with my weight being less than 100 lbs.

Should I increase my Protein? Should I go to 4 oz. of protein at dinner? I don't want to increase the wrong types of foods. I'm a carbaholic and it's tempting to go to 1/2 cup of carbs instead of 1/4 cup but I think that may be dangerous for me. I don't even want to increase to a whole sandwich at lunch...I know it's too many calories. What do you guys think? I know I can ask the NUT at my surgeon's office, but I wanted to see what you guys had to say first.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Liz

I think there are real health advantages to full fat foods -- whole yogurt, real butter, etc. All those "good fats" such as avocados. How about nuts? Almonds are my go to if I'm feeling nibbly and suspect it's more than just old habit. I start with four but have more if I want. I cannot have Peanut Butter in the house, but if you can then what about a spoonful? I would get organic -- best quality foods possible for your body. Of course I am not in this place but just imaging what I would do if I started feeling too scrawny. I don't want to lose my curves. Here's to your healthy Liz!

@@gowalking I want to let you know that I have seen you recently and you look fantastic! You are looking healthy and vibrant and I want to see you stay that way!!! So yes my friend increase the amount of Protein that you are eating.

Protein is the only nutrient that your body does not hold on to that you have to replenish every day. Your body will make good use of it and help you to increase your muscle tone and that's what you don't want to loose and once you are at nearly zero % body fat that's what's going to happen. Your muscles are going to start breaking down to support the energy your body is calling for, and your going to slowly feel weak and sickly.

So increase that protein!! Add in a bit extra at lunch go from 3-5 oz of chicken or fish. You don't have to go to red meats in high volume but add them in occasionally in high quality like lamb, filet minion etc.

Can you tell I have been certified as a nutritionist? If I wanted to go to med school I'd have lots of credits to add toward a degree :)

Just reread your post and the part about the Peanut Butter (can't edit on my iPad)......what about adding in a hundred calories for a week or two to see what it feels like?

Good evening everyone. On one of my FB groups they were saying that Biotin causes weight gain. Anyone ever hear of this? I take 5000 a day. Two people said they stopped and lost 12 pounds fast. I take it for nails and hair loss. I have a few thin spots and also use hair products my stylist told me to use. Begins with a N and is like Nixon but not Nixon.

Well tomorrow the snow begins again and again on Monday. Drive safe snow bound people.

Just remember the Pats are winning Sunday.

Arlene

I don't know Dylan. Those Seahawks can be down right overpowering. Interesting to see which coast takes it. Hope it is an exciting game!!!

Wow. I will be so happy when I take a size 16. I have a large bone frame and never took smaller than 14. My daughter is the same and looks anorexic when in 9/10 clothes. She is a happy size 12