Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks, peeps! My daughter said the jacket would look cute with jeans, so maybe I'll do that sometime. I had a great time. I had never been to the Signature Room at the Hancock before. To get in the building, you have to walk down a flight of stairs and then up an escalator back to street level before the elevator ride. I had a Cinderella moment and lost a shoe on the steps! Got a chuckle out of that. Our dinner was wonderful and the city looked amazing. My camera doesn't do it justice, but here is the view from our table.

post-208484-14221885160755_thumb.jpg

So much fun to have updates from our New York and Chicago fashionistas! Isn't it grand to be feeling good in these bodies instead of the agony of overweight?

So much fun to have updates from our New York and Chicago fashionistas! Isn't it grand to be feeling good in these bodies instead of the agony of overweight?

Oh yeah! I joked about the Cinderella thing on the stairs and a passerby laughed along and said that's what shoes are for. A year ago I would have been worrying about stares on the stairs. And the meal was amazing. Lobster bisque and scallops and creme brûlée and a bottle of wine. Instead of avoiding the camera I asked the waiter to take our picture !

Living in the shadows for so many years changes you. It's so nice to know I am really here under it all and can find myself again.

We don't have to explain it here on this site but I tried to make my friends understand last night just what has happened to me these past two years and they understand as best they can but you all understand in a way that folks who don't have food issues just cannot.

How does one explain that as I've gotten smaller, I've become more of a presence. Look at this picture. I'm tiny as compared to my friends. I'm a tiny woman now and yet, I am more visible than I was when I was so much larger.

post-142630-0-42532300-1422202031_thumb.jpg

Exactly!

My girls said the sweater looks better than the jacket from the fancy dress. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1422139550.559300.jpg

Look at me, taking fashion advice from my kids!

I think the sweater looks better. The jacket is great to have. Enjoy them both.

We don't have to explain it here on this site but I tried to make my friends understand last night just what has happened to me these past two years and they understand as best they can but you all understand in a way that folks who don't have food issues just cannot.

How does one explain that as I've gotten smaller, I've become more of a presence. Look at this picture. I'm tiny as compared to my friends. I'm a tiny woman now and yet, I am more visible than I was when I was so much larger.

attachicon.gifdinner - Copy.jpg

you look great. Tiny, yes. Glad you are out and about enjoying life, walking around NYC.

Hey All,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Hope you're all doing well and enjoying life. Also, wanted to say thanks for the recommendations on the dry skin remedies. Since incorporating flaxseed oil two weeks ago the winter itches are gone. :)

Hey Jim, so glad you found that helpful aw well. Interesting thing is, I started giving it in larger quantities to my horses to start with, their manes, coats and skin became so healthy looking. As a long time sufferer of dry skin myself, I decided to give it a try, amazing right? If you find your face getting a little to oily, just back off to every other day, until you have the perfect balance. Even as the weather warms up, you may find, as I did, that you will still enjoy benefits from it year round, just by modifying the days you use it. I would occasionally get complements on my hair because it is a natural platinum blonde, with use of the flaxseed oil- it literally shines without being greased. One of my favorite tricks, along with almond oil on the really dry areas of feet, knees, elbows, and exposed winter hands, thrilled this helped you!

Well my East Coast friends, it's freezing here on the East End of Long Island. The snow is already at about an inch 1/2. I am freezing even in my snow boots. We are pretty well prepared to hunker down for the next couple of days as they are calling for blizzard conditions.

Already this morning the wackos are out getting gas and causing problems Snowpocalypse don't cha know! There are no boots to be found thank goodness we have them and we are pretty well set.

Stay warm and safe my friends!!!

To all the East & North East coast friends be safe & stay warm & healthy , make sure you have what you need & keep up with your journey hope this storm passes quick for you by all means please be safe & if you can't get out think about finding things around your apartment or house to exercise with again be safe.

You know it's not going to be pretty when they just stick a plus sign next the number of inches forecast-ed. Stay safe my friends.

X marks the spot for me

post-116888-0-10302600-1422304900_thumb.jpg

May the storm be lighter than they expect and over sooner.

Well we in California are getting weird weather first this morning WE were wandering why it was so warm then night fall came & it starts raining , but that's Cali. For ya, if this keeps up then we'll have another earth qauke , better than what most of you are in for with the snow storm though everyone be safe.