Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well my son who turned 21 & I are off to Vegas for his first time to experience, I know he will be overwhelmed , we are excited & I am glad I finally got the money to do it & BE able to now that I can.

Have the best time in LV. I use to go 4-6 times a year but haven't been in many years. Always ask for a comp when you play. I never did the buffets, maybe 1 time a visit and I would go 4-7 nights.

Great song. I'd never heard it before!

@ Dynamiles my son has lost a lot of weight in this last year by walking every where & I don't really EAT TO much any more so I bought up going to a cheap buffet to him v& HE said it would be a waste of money so I guess we won't be doing any buffets & that is fine with me , more power to us love that he said it & we will make good choices , this morning I offered him Breakfast out & he opted for a problem bar & coffee , I so far just had a glass of milk & off WE went , it's crazy to me how both of our eating habits have changed & HE didn't even have any type of wls .

I had to take a minute or two to catch up. I have been in digital detox for a few days. In all honesty I think we all need to cut ourselves a break every now and then.

I know we all want to lose weight and be that “perfect” size whatever it is in our mind’s eye. We want to be healthy and happy and prosperous productive valued people.

Friends you are already all of those things!

Yes we have dysfunctional families, and some of us ourselves are dysfunctional! I think that’s what makes life interesting. Imagine how boring life would be if things were perfect all the time. If you woke up every single day with no drama, no thoughts of what you were going to do or eat or wear or think.

Life is not boiler plate thank goodness! It’s those ebbs and flows that make life worth living. It’s the roller coaster ride that makes your heart race with excitement one moment and dread the next. It’s the not knowing of it all that makes the uncovering of it so much fun!!

Some things SUCK (this is my word of the week by the way) they can suck the life right out of you if you let them. Or you can pop a chocolate truffle in your face and suck that up (I just did) or you can strap on your sneakers and get your *ss to the gym and suck that up ( I will later). You can dive into the Water and hopefully not suck up too much of it pool or sea or whatever J (Maybe it’s just me but there’s just something about fruits and vegies…that doesn’t inspire sucking them up but hey if it floats your boat grab that lemon and suck away!!)

I’m not perfect, not in the least bit. My life can be insane and crazy and quiet and peaceful all in the space of a minute. The best part about it is that it’s my life and I am living it. I am human and yeah I get caught up in the who’s late to dinner, and who was going to bring the dessert and forgot, who is supposed to be my family but forget that they are even alive much less that I am.

Sure I have feelings and they get hurt, and they get hurt pretty easily too. At the end of the day though…you know what….who the heck cares? I am hurt, I am feeling sad, and the best I can do is to feel it and move on. Sometimes I talk about it, I let the feelings be felt I let them have their voice and sometimes it’s louder than others and the burning hot molten lava covers the earth and burns up everything in its path…{{sitting in zen position deep breath….}} sigh… and then I move on.

Nothing more I can do about it and if I throw myself a pity party…well I forget to invite anyone else {or I incinerated them} and I end up eating all the cake and Cookies and chocolate truffles myself!!!

See now this is my issue!! J

There are always going to be bills to pay money to be made and things to be done. Long before me and long after me, this will be true. All I can do is float along. Life is what happens around and in between those things. It’s not the Cookies it’s the baking of the cookies and sharing them.

It’s about sharing yourself and who you are with others and allowing them to share themselves with you.

Thank you all for reaching out to share your thoughts and your stories, your inspiration, motivation and humiliation! (OK so that’s me) and I confess, I had a salad for lunch, a bag of bean chips, two chocolate truffles and may just have a candy cane too before the work day is done.

I won’t beat myself up over it, but I’ll enjoy it and move on….to the gym and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to tie my sneakers!! My legs are still sore from Saturday and I think tonight is core work!

Lord give me strength! Muffin top sounds so delicious doesn’t it…too bad it doesn’t look as good!!!

Thank you for the post it could

Of been written by me this is why iam so grateful to have found this site and u

Life does not stop when we have surgery but life can and should be better.

My wife and I have kept off almost 200 pounds for the last 7 Years . My wife 90 plus pounds and me 100 plus pound for 7 years it has not been easy but sure has been worth it.

Family issues have come and gone, lost my mom a couple years ago, my brother in law was killed in a vehicle crash while my sister was driving, she is fine but dealing with the loss of her husband, their son was next to dad but is coping with the loss as well two other nephews wee also in the car and they were Ok with only bumps and bruises, my dad was also in the car and was transported by helicopter to a hospital but he is doing fine now.

Both of my boys had to move in with us at different times, My Oldest moved to a place that he could afford but not a very good neighborhood and his 14 year old daughter was almost raped by a neighbor and their lives were threaten and he moved north to a little town called Willits California and are doing just fine.

My youngest son moved in with his family and her mother so it was quite interesting for a while and they have moved out and bought a house and are doing well.

Needless to say we have also have had to assist the two boys with financial assistant but that is part of being a parent.

This past year my wife and I celebrated our 35 anniversary and one of our celebrations was going parasailing which I would of never though of doing 7 years ago because we would of been over the weight limit.

Through it all we have been very satisfied with the band, Some would say we are not successful because we did not reach our goal. Sure I could stand to lose another 40 lbs but I am still enjoying life and have continues to do things that I could not do a few years ago.

Some of the benefits that have come as a result of the band is:
No more diabetes medicine
No more sleep apnea
No more pain in my back or knees
I actually enjoy walking
I can keep up with the grand children

My Favorite NSV’s are:
Not having to ask for an extension on an airplane
Walking down an aisle of an airplane without apologizing for almost knocking someone out.
Getting off the coach on the first try
Crossing my legs
Getting dressed without sitting down
Being able to ride any coaster at an amusement park
Not having to worry if the ladder is going to hold me or not
Tying my shoes without almost passing out.
Taking the golf ball out of the hole without getting on my knees first
Leaving food on the plate without feeling guilty

Not having to worry about going up stairs.

Riding any ride at an amusement park that I want without fear of not being let on the ride to being too heavy.

Life does have its ups and down and as long as we continue to make more good choices than bad we can continue to succeed in spite of circumstance's that we cannot control.

@@jfc193 that was exactly the post I needed to read today! Very inspiring.

Edited by JustWatchMe

Life does not stop when we have surgery but life can and should be better.

My wife and I have kept off almost 200 pounds for the last 7 Years . My wife 90 plus pounds and me 100 plus pound for 7 years it has not been easy but sure has been worth it.

Family issues have come and gone, lost my mom a couple years ago, my brother in law was killed in a vehicle crash while my sister was driving, she is fine but dealing with the loss of her husband, their son was next to dad but is coping with the loss as well two other nephews wee also in the car and they were Ok with only bumps and bruises, my dad was also in the car and was transported by helicopter to a hospital but he is doing fine now.

Both of my boys had to move in with us at different times, My Oldest moved to a place that he could afford but not a very good neighborhood and his 14 year old daughter was almost raped by a neighbor and their lives were threaten and he moved north to a little town called Willits California and are doing just fine.

My youngest son moved in with his family and her mother so it was quite interesting for a while and they have moved out and bought a house and are doing well.

Needless to say we have also have had to assist the two boys with financial assistant but that is part of being a parent.

This past year my wife and I celebrated our 35 anniversary and one of our celebrations was going parasailing which I would of never though of doing 7 years ago because we would of been over the weight limit.

Through it all we have been very satisfied with the band, Some would say we are not successful because we did not reach our goal. Sure I could stand to lose another 40 lbs but I am still enjoying life and have continues to do things that I could not do a few years ago.

Some of the benefits that have come as a result of the band is:

No more diabetes medicine

No more sleep apnea

No more pain in my back or knees

I actually enjoy walking

I can keep up with the grand children

My Favorite NSV’s are:

Not having to ask for an extension on an airplane

Walking down an aisle of an airplane without apologizing for almost knocking someone out.

Getting off the coach on the first try

Crossing my legs

Getting dressed without sitting down

Being able to ride any coaster at an amusement park

Not having to worry if the ladder is going to hold me or not

Tying my shoes without almost passing out.

Taking the golf ball out of the hole without getting on my knees first

Leaving food on the plate without feeling guilty

Not having to worry about going up stairs.

Riding any ride at an amusement park that I want without fear of not being let on the ride to being too heavy.

Life does have its ups and down and as long as we continue to make more good choices than bad we can continue to succeed in spite of circumstance's that we cannot control.

WOW is all I can say about what is happening in your family. But you did not turn to food and regain and that is wonderful!! I always help my children especially the youngest. Husband brought him $$$ today again. He lived with me for 10 months. They were 4 and us 2, in a 2 bedroom townhouse with a basement bedroom but 1 main bathroom (have a 1/2, also). We try to help our families the best we can.

Sorry to hear about the awful car accident but I am happy everyone is doing better.

Happy New Year.

Arlene

Joe......what a great post. I'm so glad we've all ended up together here. Very sorry about your brother-in-law's death and the ramifications of that accident for your sister and kids, and for all the extended family. You and your wife are testaments to how lives can be changed around despite all the stresses -- truly inspirational.

Jim I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law's death. Life is truly never easy and you all will be in my prayers. Even though we have had weight loss surgery it doesn't change our response to tragedy or trouble. I also had several tragic events in my life in the last few years since surgery and it was a struggle some days to stay focused on my health. Taking care of our children sometimes is also a life long thing for most of us. My children have been pretty self sufficient but there have been times when they needed our help. That is what parents do. After losing two of our children I keep the others close. Take Care and Congratulations to you both on becoming healthy.

Just stopping in this morning before my Son & I hit the Town Walking every where , Loving that I can & Just Wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR & be Safe in everything , @ JFC , Thank You it is good to know that I may not be at goal yet or ever will but I definitely am keeping a 110 lb loss of for sure & it feels great , & TO everyone may this NEW YEAR BE a GREAT or even Good one for all.

Happy New Year my friends.

Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Cheers to all and let us each write our own best Seller!!

post-146347-0-27205300-1420051821_thumb.jpg

Today is New Year’s Eve, and it’s the end of another calendar year and the start of a new one. I have been thinking a lot about all the events that transpired over the last year, thinking to myself and wondering if there is something magical in the changing of the year.

At midnight tonight the numbers of the year will change from 2014 to 2015. Thinking about this had me thinking about all the changing numbers in our lives….and wondering if we can find magic there as well….

We can find so many reasons to Celebrate and often those “celebrations” can be the very things that sabotage us. All the food the drink the sweets oh my!!! I find that it’s easy to lose the magic amidst the buffet tables of chocolate covered everything, roasted, toasted, glazed and sugared where even the sweet potatoes are candied.

You vow to just enjoy a bite OK maybe two and raise a glass to toast the season, and then you find yourself amidst the crowd being offered this and that and handed beverage after beverage and you really aren’t eating so much as grazing among the sugar plum fairies that dance in your head.

Before you know it someone has passed Uncle Joe and/or Aunt May just one too many beverages and you are now caught in the center of the next family drama. Your friend spilled wine on your new couch and your niece is making out with the neighbor in the basement. {{Scandal!}}

The magic of the “New Year” has lost its shine. The high of the Winter Season’s festivities has crash landed into a New Year. That slate wiped clean….or rather the sparkle and glitter have flaked away leaving behind a pounding head, a bloated belly and the weak resolutions to “eat better” and get thee to the gym!

So my friends I ask you how do you spend your New Year’s Eve? Do you set it up and time it out perfectly with the ball dropping in Times Square or some other place on the planet? Do you plan an elaborate party or plan to attend one? Do you snuggle up with your loves and quietly Celebrate? ?

No matter how you choose to celebrate, think of all the times the numbers in your life change, not just from year to year but each number on the scale, each birthday, and anniversary, each day, hour, minute and second that provides us yet another opportunity to celebrate life!!

Forget the family drama and the scandals navigate the buffet tables and beverage bars with mindful thoughts of celebration knowing that today is not the last time you will celebrate. Your head and belly will thank you in the morning and if you’re lucky you might just find that the sparkle, glitter and magic remain in your life and your resolutions are more of a commitment to yourself. To be happy and healthy and to celebrate life all through the year!!

Great post!

We do love you CG! I didn't know you never had a fill before. Good luck. I've been in a weight loss slump but I think it's turning around this week. Finally got back down into Onederland today.

my first post of 2015...........me and hub had a kiss (ok, more like 3 or 4)

and then off to bed..

happy new years my friends

I don't come here much, anymore, just wantd to wish you all a Happy 2015

DSCI0047

The Grand Canyon and Me, May 2010

2011 Vac 003