Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh..one more thing. I was on Fifth Avenue yesterday and while waiting for the bus, took this picture of Tiffany's. I should have walked instead of taking the bus because Harry Winston's was also decked out magnificently. You guys should really see this town at Christmas. It's beyond words. Anyway, here's the one pic I took. Enjoy.

post-142630-0-64491900-1419178380_thumb.jpg

Arlene...I have to admit that your family stories highlight my day. I read them and feel so glad that it's just not my screwed up family out there...lol! I have one DIL I have to walk on eggshells around and another who puts on a puss if/when I do something wrong. And as mothers of sons know, you have to get along with the DIL so you can see the son and grandchildren when you want. The only revenge I get is that my younger DIL is having a boy so she will see eventually what it's like.

I too am so very grateful for the friends I've made on this site. To not have to explain stuff and know that you all understand is so comforting. Even the therapist can't quite get some of what I tell her about being a fat girl in a thin body...or how freeing it feels to fit everywhere now. Or how I am still a control freak about how/what I eat. I'll never be free of the food demon and I know it. I'll have to be vigilant the rest of my life and do whatever I have to in order to make sure I don't put myself in harm's way..be in situational or someone toxic in my life. I know that you guys understand exactly what I'm talking about.

The thing about the DIL that has MS, they lived with us for 10 months and she got used to my way of life. We eat out a real lot and try to live a decent life, but now money sucks. Her parents, OMG! Her mother, no one likes. Her father is a glump but nice and they all live in NC now. Her mother never did anything for anyone other than her friends. When she and her husband moved to NC in the spring they had to drive by their daughter's house and she never said good bye to the 2 grandsons. That is they type of person she is. I am always there. They have a BBQ business and only 1-2 times the whole summer I couldn't baby sit. I am the opposite of her mother. After all that, I think she can't stand me. I am too much for her.

My other DIL is wonderful. Her mother is the over whelming one but she lives in Milwaukee They are all going to FL for their annual school vacation stay. In February her mother is coming to baby sit for a week while they go on vacation. I try not to say anything to either DIL that will piss them off. But I do that too.

Liz, have a rest in FL even if you are parent sitting.

I love all the family stories.. just proves everyone has dysfunctional families. add stepchildren and their spouses and step grandchildren in the mix and it can get crazy. I sat my stepchildren down years ago. (they were pretty much grown when I married their Dad) I had nothing to do with their parent breakup however they were treating me like I was the reason their parents weren't together . I had enough of it, told all of them I had not married them and didn't care if they liked me or not, their parents were not getting back together and to be respectful or don't come to my home . Their Father could see them anytime he wanted but unless their attitudes changed I was done. It made them mad at first but in time they matured and got better. I think people will treat you like you let them and sometimes the best therapy is to be honest with them and yourself. You can't pick your family you have to be yourself and accept it.

Weighing in on this one, my dads wife had total acceptance from me, helped her with photos, computer, FB. She used all that to create a profile on a dating web site to cheat on my dad. Felt so betrayed and used. #respect and trust are better earned than blindly trusting...

oh I am so sorry about that. yes earning acceptance and trust is part of the deal . I know over the years I worked with them. We have since lost two of the kids one from cancer and one from a tragic accident so I am happy we all made peace long before that happened.

My daughter and hubby and 3 yr old and baby are here for 10 days. A Baptism, celebrations and Christmas food. Doing good so far, thank you band!

We had our big Solstice party last night -- about 35 people and lots of food, food, food. I sent as many leftovers home with people as possible. Three cakes and did not want to cope with any head hunger cravings today. Plus we could open a cheese shop at this point. cheese, olives, wine are a trifecta for me. I am not denying myself but enjoying little bits of everything. One of the highlights last night was a pear and blue cheese quiche brought by friends. Absolutely delicious. It is made with Greek yogurt and very creamy. Band-friendly. It is GF and I ate the crust but am thinking of experimenting with making something similar in ramekins. Noticing my party behavior -- in the past I would always deny myself throughout an event then eat too much while cleaning up. That is an instilled pattern that I am noticing and wanting to address now. I think I didn't want people to see me having any food (oh, if she'd just skip dessert she wouldn't be so fat, or I can't believe some one her weight is eating brie, etc. -- and probably all in my head!).

just popping in to say hi and merry Christmas to all. i'm not on here much but love stopping by to catch up on what every one is doing. :)

Me my slight dilation is completely gone so they added Fluid back... have to say i love the folks in the office I was complaining about not having lost any more weight - when they pointed out that i had not gained and that showed them that i was not dependent on the band to stay healthy. and that many or in fact most people who have Fluid removed usually gain.. What an eye opener that was - Feeling on top of the world or at least half way there.

Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas my friends.

Just read a post that pissed me off a bit. Guess I should go find something else to do with my free time. It really irks me when someone who has never been banded makes off the cuff comments that the band should be avoided like the plague if you have over a 100 pounds to lose. How dare they say that with absolutely no experiences to back it up with? People come on here for advice and support and all they face is more questions and self doubt about their choices.

Sometimes I just want to scream at the top of my lungs....so frustrating.

I agree the dr my bro is going to is pushing the sleeve and not the band and here I am living proof the with band you can lose 100+ pounds :)!

Happy Chanukah and merry Christmas just stoping by to check in.

Yes as I got older i learned everyone family is dysfunctional in some way gasp it's true. It was eye opening when I realized that lol . It's how we deal with the dysfunction I guess. Also as I got older i see my relationship with family members changing some for the good and some well it's sad im losing he closeness. I also think it's part of becoming the new me I am

No longer trying to please anyone but me first which is hard and liberating and confusing you all probably know what I mean. This is the only thread I read on here religiously.

My weightless is at a stall again sigh but I keep doing what I'm doing and know to will work out.

As you knew I cut my hie and know dyed it darker and since I'm approaching the big 40 let's add my new glasses anyway ... I had a holiday party and saw some people I work with who I don't see on a daily basis anyway I go up to wishbone of theme a very merry give him a hug and kiss on the cheek and he was weird I said wow that's odd by whatever ... 15 minutes later he came up to me and apologiZed for being so rude he didn't know it was me lol he said my new hair cut threw him off and I loved it even more he didn't comment on my weight loss which was great.

Still having issues with people making a big deal of my weightless I want to throw a huge party invite everyone I know and let them make all the comments at once I cant take it anymore lol! My cleaning commented yesterday about her friend who lost 150 + pounds on HER OWn implying my loss with band was less of a loss I chuckled to myself saying you probably have no ideal if that lady had wls if she did or didn't I don't care she got healthy for herself and that's all that matters. Which brings me to my next point a fb friend commented on my pic not how skinny I look (me skinny not yet ) but how happy she is is decided to transform my life and get healthy !!! Best comment of the year.

Well my bandmily (band family lol ) im off to my last day of work for 10'wonderful days the perks of working in a school one of the very few )

Wishing you all a very healthy and holiday season ❤️

​Hello everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, whatever you Celebrate. My son invited us over and never called to say what time he would be done at his SIL's. I blame his wife, oh well. I saw my grandsons a few times this week. I would just be going over to see what Santa brought. They got their Hanukkah gifts from us last week.

Had a super duper NSV the other night. I started PT for my shoulder and the therapist and I were talking about WLS. One of her sisters had by pass and is very thin, the other one needs surgery and she would like it but I think she is too thin for it. I would say she wears a 14-18 and her BMI is not over 35, you can tell. Well for one of the exercises she had me hold a cane behind me and said, you have no ass!!! My old ass could hold a serving tray for 100. Best NSV. Yesterday I had on a new sweat suit, bottoms size L and they were baggy in the ass after wearing them all day. Now just to get the spare tire/muffin top to leave the body, would be great.

Everyone have a great weekend. The rain has left Boston and the temps are around 50. Not bad for December. The rain returns Sunday for the Pat's final regular season game. True Pat's fans don't care what the weather is. I would never sit in the rain or snow for even a super bowl game.

Arlene

Merry Christmas to all

Sharing photos of part of the family first Christmas in a while without the whole family

post-22144-0-17679000-1419545650_thumb.jpg

post-22144-0-66500400-1419545677_thumb.jpg

Happy Holidays Everyone. I hope everyone has a healthy and Happy new year . Got a nutribullet from my daughter and I made a Protein shake for lunch yesterday with strawberry' and banana and Protein powder (eas) . I was able to eat a balanced dinner without over doing it. However I warned my family that I did not want to talk about diets or food during Holidays. We had a wonderful day and are heading to Pensacola to visit with our daughter and family for a few day.

Happy Holidays Everyone. I hope everyone has a healthy and Happy new year . Got a nutribullet from my daughter and I made a Protein shake for lunch yesterday with strawberry' and banana and Protein Powder (eas) . I was able to eat a balanced dinner without over doing it. However I warned my family that I did not want to talk about diets or food during Holidays. We had a wonderful day and are heading to Pensacola to visit with our daughter and family for a few day.

Love my nutribullet!!! Yes what is it with families and diet and food talk even with our success smh. Yes I did indulge on Christmas well as much as my band would allow. And my aunt who is 94 God bless her but her filter is gone just speaks her mind ! Me and my sis we play fighting over this dessert it was delish and my aunt turns to me and says aren't u supposed to be on a diet and watching what you eat. I know she is 94 but I replied no I am

Not I have a new lifer style and I'm gonna eat what I want its Christmas and I'll be at the gym tomorrow! Ugh same woman who earlier told

Me stop losing weight im getting to thin. Lol

Best nsv my sister saying so happy we can now share clothes !!!

Was futzing around in the kitchen yesterday morning making coffee and emptying the dishwasher when my dad, who was just sitting at the table reading the paper suddenly picked his head up, stared at me for a bit and said, 'look at my skinny daughter. Wow'. Then he goes back to his reading. My dad has a terrible habit of giving left handed compliments so I was waiting for the zinger but that was it. He just expressed what was likely in his head at that moment, and didn't have any ulterior motives. At least not this time. So rather than try to analyze what he meant, I just took the comment at face value and moved on. Was a nice normal moment for a change.. ;)

Edited by gowalking