Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was feeling so good recently and yesterday my arthritis began another flare. I hate this autoimmune s@&t. Top that off with a bad night's sleep and a stiff and painful neck today and I'm not the most pleasant person right now. food is clean. I have to get rid of the feeling of unfairness I have when my food is clean and therefore I expect all my health problems to go away permanently.

I feel you with the arthritis stuff. I am thinking that I may need to see a rheumatologist. My PCP keeps telling me to do that...but you know...I just don't wanna know! Sometimes I think that if I'm going to "live" every diagnosis watching out for this and that and the other things...where and when do you actually "live"?

Yeah my foot hurts and my neck is stiff too and my back is tight and I'm sure it's from all that "living it up" that I've done over the years (ha!). I don't want more medications that screw with my band or to be told that if you drop more weight or eat this and not that and do this and not that and all that smoke they like to blow around to justify the amount of money they charge my insurance company....(Stop. Now taking a breath......in.......out.....level set....and I'm back)

So I'm getting older and I just don't rebound the way I used to. These sudden weather shifts bite and are literally a pain in the ass! Which makes me that more resolved to say I need to move to Hawaii!!

I aspire to be a beach combing, whale spotting, sun catching, rainbow watching, sunset picture taking Lapband patient living in Hawaii.

Sigh.....I am feeling better already.

Mahalo!

post-146347-0-93110800-1413316321_thumb.jpg

Hi Friends!

I got the courage to cut my hair...walked in a place on Saturday and said "cut it off." It has been a very long time since I felt brave enough to have short hair. This makes me very happy...here is a picture :)

Happy Tuesday!

post-148009-0-57998200-1413316382_thumb.jpg

Arthritis sucks...it's why I dread the cold weather. I've had this new pain in my jaw for a month now. One doc told me to watch it, because it could be a new joint that my friend arthur as moved to. My feet hurt, the xrays are pitiful. I do see a rheumotologist. He loves that I've lost weight, doesn't force meds on me that interfere with my band, suggests alternatives to those drugs. We make a pretty good team. But, pain sucks. And there are days when I get tired of having to grin and bear it. I went into a deep funk when I got the latest xrays of my feet. But, you can't live that way, so I just push on. Anyway...thoughts of warm sunny beaches...

Hi Friends!

I got the courage to cut my hair...walked in a place on Saturday and said "cut it off." It has been a very long time since I felt brave enough to have short hair. This makes me very happy...here is a picture :)

Happy Tuesday!

attachicon.gif20141012_125936.jpg

Love it!!!! I chopped my hair shorter too...wasn't sure how hubs would react b/c he likes the long hair..but you know it's MY head and my time so clip clip. Now we need to all go out and PARTY!!! OK well at least we can dance at Zumba and pretend we are all together at a party! :)

post-146347-0-81448700-1413316771_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-43543400-1413316782_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-82452300-1413316792_thumb.jpg

Hi Friends!

Happy Tuesday!

attachicon.gif20141012_125936.jpg

Your hair looks great!!

I had color/hi-lites and cut recently. I wanted it shorter and spiker and my stylist said I have a few spots that are thinning but hair is starting to grow. I have been taking Biotin for about 2 years, too. UGH!

But thin and thin hair is worth it all.

Everyone enjoy your new styles.

Arlene

@@dylanmiles23 you know I was taking the Biotin when I was first banded b/c I was losing so much hair and it was so much more noticeable I thought when my hair was longer which prompted the first cut.

When I saw the endocrinologist though she told me that my B12 was too high! If you can believe that, and told me to stop taking the biotin. So I haven't done so in a while but i have noticed a change since stopping, and I have been wondering about the blood work since as I understand it Vitamin B12 does not stay in your system for long.....might be time to check that again thanks for that reminder!!

@@dylanmiles23 you know I was taking the Biotin when I was first banded b/c I was losing so much hair and it was so much more noticeable I thought when my hair was longer which prompted the first cut.

When I saw the endocrinologist though she told me that my B12 was too high! If you can believe that, and told me to stop taking the Biotin. So I haven't done so in a while but i have noticed a change since stopping, and I have been wondering about the blood work since as I understand it Vitamin B12 does not stay in your system for long.....might be time to check that again thanks for that reminder!!

I take both. I see my PCP and surgeon in November. I will ask for blood work to be done. Thank you.

Love your hair cut Aunt DI, and also, yours lisacaron. I cut mine into a bob about 5 years ago, and have gradually changed it recently. (look, I actually thoguht about shaving it!). Anyway, I now have teh side I wear behind my ear, as very short and the other side in a bob; have actally seen a couple of actors on TV with the same cut.

I wear hearing aids so my hair has to cover the ears because I don't share that like I don't share have WLS.

When I cut off over 1 foot 6 years ago I went to Raquel Welch's wig web site. Found the greatest ideas.

Have a great evening everyone.

I cut my hair shorter as well Di. We can carry it off now because our bodies are smaller. I love the short haircut on me and your haircut looks great too. Enjoy it!!

I love all your sassy trendy haircuts ladies! hair is such an intimate thing that reveals so much about our personalities and moods. I remember watching an old episode of CSI where they unravelled the medical history of someone by examining a strand of hair. Dont know if that can actually be done in real life hehe but it was a fascinating concept, that our hair literally holds our life stories in each strand.

Since I was a kid Ive always felt the need to chop some hair off whenever ive gone through some sort of milestone (good or bad). I remember locking myself in the bathroom with a pair of scissors and coming back out feeling refreshed and a few inches of hair lighter hehe. Obviously in my adult years Ive resisted the scissors in the bathroom (and the potential style disasters lol) and go to a pro instead.

Funnily enough Ive enjoyed keeping my hair fairly short when I was heavier, but once i started losing cut it much shorter (think ginnifer goodwin pixie), only now that the scale is moving down again im craving the thought of long locks of hair. But yes the hairloss is an issue that is worse (or more noticeable) with longer hair, so who knows.. A complete shave might be just as awesome lol!

A complete shave might be just as awesome lol!

You know when I went to the salon that day my stylist and I were joking with the Shampoo girl that this time I was just going to shave my head. Every time I go to see my stylist she knows me well I never have the same hair cut or color and I love to always try something new. To me that's the beauty of hair it will grow out if you don't like it and you can always be changing it to suit your style.

I have some trouble with the Pixi cut because I have a long hair line in the back and often looks like a mullet on me in about a week! I love the cut though!! So simple to take care of, wash and wear!

I've never had long hair and a thin body at the same time. So I'm not cutting it short until I reach goal. And maybe not then.

@@lisacaron I agree! Its fun to experiment with looks and if they dont turn out great hey its just temporary :-) ive never seriously thought of shaving my head.. Not because im against the idea, but because i have no idea what my head would look like naked! Lol

@@JustWatchMe same here, i think the last time i had long hair and a normal weight was when i was 13, never as an adult. So the concept of "sexy" long waves of hair down my (slim) back is one ive never experienced :-)