Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Friday all. reset button set embracing the fall weather and such. Back to clean eating and feel better already ! Tapping it off with a fill and Julie cleanse next week to make sure I detox . Got to hit my goals and would like to do it on my time frame I know it's not about when you get there but as long as I get there.

Hope everyone has a fun filled relaxing weekend !!

Hello EVERYONE

yes i pop in and out but if i dont post/answer, i do try to read/catch up on my BFF's you all

i love/admire each one of you....you all can PM me and if you do during the day, it goes to my work email..

and most of you have my cell number and some have my work email......so if you need me, let me know

here is me

hub took this picture of me at the mc clubhouse

10524360_1423272551295372_52318194066226

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

Hello EVERYONE

yes i pop in and out but if i dont post/answer, i do try to read/catch up on my BFF's you all

i love/admire each one of you....you all can PM me and if you do during the day, it goes to my work email..

and most of you have my cell number and some have my work email......so if you need me, let me know

here is me

Wowweewoowoo!

Looking great CG!

:)

Wowweewoowoo!

Looking great CG!

:)

thank you my darling karen (notice i am still trying to hide the stomach apron).....

it is what it is.......and i am who i am

LOVE YOU GF

Great picture cg!

Hello EVERYONE

here is me

wow CG you look great and happy!!!! You rock!!:))

You look marvelous !!

@@F_it thanks for chiming in on your experience with Cymbalta. We are all so different and such bags of chemicals. Like you, I am very sensitive to drugs of any kind so my trial with low-dose Cymbalta for arthritis relief didn't last very long. I felt like I needed to give it a go and I do think there was some perceived relief, but it didn't agree with me. The first night I took it I felt like I was tripping so I backed off to a lower dose to begin -- that should have been a signal right there. The thing is, at 53 with this much pain if there's anything out there that may possibly work then I want to make sure I've at least investigated. Unfortunately we have to be our own guinea pigs sometimes.

So sorry for everything you went through with the Fibromyalgia and your experience on Cymbalta. We have got to do something about these auto-immune disorders, for crying out loud! I have had horrific experiences with steroids -- in fact the overnight weight gain I had from Prednisone (ha, that just auto-corrected to "prisoner") kicked off twenty years of overweight and all kinds of other complications in my body.

The arthritis has been really flaring lately and I know that has to do with the change in weather. I have been walking outdoors most and now that the temps are under fifty (we've had the thirties here, eek!) I find that cold really exacerbates the joint pain later in the day. Last night I took a couple of Tylenol -- has never done much for me -- and a couple of tequila cocktails. That is something that helps, and I figure alcohol as a drug is better than a lot of what gets prescribed by various physicians even though they generally disapprove of that. But you got to do what you've got to do! I use ice packs, too. Seems so ironic that cold makes arthritis worse yet ice packs reduce inflammation -- makes no sense!

@☠carolinagirl☠ Mahvahlous is right, dahling -- you look so happy and healthy! And hey, it's Friday, yippee!

@@Bandista, be careful. I've been told Tylenol and alcohol are dangerous together. It's hard for me since I usually take Tylenol daily in the morning and if I have a drink in the evening I basically hope it's out of my system. We can't win. Nsaids harm your kidneys and acetaminophen harms your liver. Pick your poison.

Interestingly this week I have less joint pain. Even in my hands and elbows. Weird since I had such horrific flares this summer. I know it's due to stress levels but I'm thinking it has to do with diet too. I've eaten way less processed food the last few weeks. Maybe it's had a positive effect on my inflammation. Hmm.

Hi @@Bandista! So relieved that your self-guinea-pigging-mission with cymbalta ended safely, I hope you find something better than the Tylenol and cocktails to help your arthritis! but as you said its probably not as dangerous as half the stuff thats prescribed out there. Funny you mentioned prednisone, thats two yucky meds we have in common! Fortunately I only had to take prednisone for a critical month or so, but it still puffed me up like a blowfish and took months for the swelling/retention/blahness to go down!

Since I am obviously so sensitive to drugs Ive avoided them when possible and have looked for drugless alternatives to relieve my fibromyalgia and wacky immune system. Ive already noticed a huge difference since I was banded and started losing weight and Im only half way through. But since you mentioned ice packs, Ill also say that one thing I have found incredibly (and yes very unexpectedly) helpful is "contrast hydrotherapy" where you switch between hot and chilly Water for specific amounts of time. I wonder if that would be something that works for you (and any other readers).

​Happy TGIF everyone. I did the leukemia walk last night at the Boston Common. Husband couldn't make it but that was fine because he can't walk. I walked twice around the Common and my Fitbit almost hit 10k steps. That is the biggest number I have ever hit. I am pooped today.

For those of you outside of Boston, the Common is where the cows roamed in the 1600's and is very famous and also for the street people, that part is sad. It is at Beacon Hill where the state house is. There are a few brownstones that when built the window mixture made the panes turn purple. Some of those windows are still there and they are well over 100 years old. They are great. Secretary of State, John Kerry lives on Beacon Hill. The Cheers Bar is there across from the Common. Next to the Common is the Public Garden and that is where the famous Swan Boats are. Now you all have a history of Boston.

​Also, last week end they unveiled a statue of Edgar Alan Poe and the news said it's at the Common. We finally found it across the street from there. My son's friend ran and took a picture but he hasn't posted it yet. It is Poe with a raven.

That's enough of BS for the day. Having dinner with my oldest and his in-laws tonight. They come from Milwaukee every year for the walk to support their daughter. We share, Max who will be 2 the end of November. Fun time tonight.

Arlene

Hello EVERYONE

and most of you have my cell number and some have my work email......so if you need me, let me know look at the Pretty Short woman standing tall and on top of the world , wow you look like you have lost more , keep it up you look Amazing.

here is me

@@JustWatchMe thanks for the caution -- why even bother with Acetaminophen if it doesn't even work but has toxic properties, geesh. Guess I get a little desperate sometimes. And I'm so glad your own inflammation issues are better right now -- I'd take that as a good sign for winter to come. Some resolution there through diet and exercise. As you say, S-T-R-E-S-S definitely does a number. @@F_it I'm with you on the hydrotherapy! We have a steam shower and I finish with what we call a Finnish finish -- hot and cold contrast as much as I can take. We have a hot tub, too, and that is a true luxury. Got it when my husband was recovering from back surgery numero three but I'm the one that benefits most. Love that thing. Every one said never get a used hot tub. Well, we had to -- didn't have the $$$ for anything else. It was $300 and works beautifully. We have it on a porch and when we're out there star-gazing we feel like the luckiest people alive.

@@dylanmiles23 fun on the Common! My parents both grew up on the hill -- Mt. Vernon Street. I love to go down at holiday time to see all the lights. Have fun with Max.......a bit jealous here.