Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this should go with success stories but I wanna share it with you all as well

July 1,2013 -July 1-2014

It's been a year . What an amazing life changing year. Last year at this time I was a nervous wreck of getting banded almost having an anxiety attack in the waiting room before surgery but wouldn't let it show. So sacred of what life would be with this band how would I feel how would I eat how would I live. I thought for sure the band would he like a flashing neon light and everyone would laugh and scoff that I had it done. I kept it a secret and still do. At first it was because I was ashamed I needed surgical Intervention to do what seemed like an easy task just stop eating. Now I keep it a secret because it's my most treasured precious love.

I'm sitting in the hospital getting my Esopogram done. Walked in with my head held high wearing a cute size large sundress which needs to be taken in I might be a medium now. Smiling not worried if I will fit in chair or people will stare and judge. I'm sitting cross legged in chair and there is room for my purse beside me in the chair what the hell is this. It's fabulous that's what it is!!!!

I'm down 104lbs from a tight 22/24 pants 3x shirt to a size 12/14 pants med/large shirt. I can shop in any store in the regular size clothes although I did try a plus size store last week as it was all to big. Do I see what everyone else sees no but I'm getting there. I thought I always had great self esteem and somehow it's fluctuating have some low days but that's normal I guess because now because I'm learning to live in my new body. I have been obese for 25 years and a consistent normal size for less than 1 year .Of course I lost weight hundreds of times before but never this amount never this size in my entire adult life . And I know it's gone forever .I'm shocked when I see pictures of me like wow I did this with my band eating right and exercising. I now know the band is a tool and I'm working it. I'm at the gym 5-7 days a week eating way less and moving more. Learning the signals when I'm satisfied. Still working on the chewing better and slowing down as sometimes I forget to eat for several hours and then I get super hungry the old me kicks in and I might not chew but my band reminds me chew more and u need way less food.

The amazing encouraging people I have met here is as priceless as my band. No judgements just caring, understanding and encouragement and a good swift reality check when need be.

I'm healthier I have participated in2 5k and one 10k obstacle events and looking to do more. I'm ancy if I don't eat right or work out. I crave healthy food and movement. Things sure have changed but 100000% for the better. Had I known then what I feel now I would of done this years ago.

And for u cg here is that pic

New picture! Boxing classes are paying off :)

attachicon.gifMEJUN2014-2.jpg

And you know it's paying off when your own mother does a double-take the first time she sees you after 2 months. She admitted that she didn't recognize me at first glance!

Happy Tuesday!

looking amazing. you go girl ♥

I know this should go with success stories but I wanna share it with you all as well

July 1,2013 -July 1-2014

It's been a year . What an amazing life changing year. Last year at this time I was a nervous wreck of getting banded almost having an anxiety attack in the waiting room before surgery but wouldn't let it show. So sacred of what life would be with this band how would I feel how would I eat how would I live. I thought for sure the band would he like a flashing neon light and everyone would laugh and scoff that I had it done. I kept it a secret and still do. At first it was because I was ashamed I needed surgical Intervention to do what seemed like an easy task just stop eating. Now I keep it a secret because it's my most treasured precious love.

I'm sitting in the hospital getting my Esopogram done. Walked in with my head held high wearing a cute size large sundress which needs to be taken in I might be a medium now. Smiling not worried if I will fit in chair or people will stare and judge. I'm sitting cross legged in chair and there is room for my purse beside me in the chair what the hell is this. It's fabulous that's what it is!!!!

I'm down 104lbs from a tight 22/24 pants 3x shirt to a size 12/14 pants med/large shirt. I can shop in any store in the regular size clothes although I did try a plus size store last week as it was all to big. Do I see what everyone else sees no but I'm getting there. I thought I always had great self esteem and somehow it's fluctuating have some low days but that's normal I guess because now because I'm learning to live in my new body. I have been obese for 25 years and a consistent normal size for less than 1 year .Of course I lost weight hundreds of times before but never this amount never this size in my entire adult life . And I know it's gone forever .I'm shocked when I see pictures of me like wow I did this with my band eating right and exercising. I now know the band is a tool and I'm working it. I'm at the gym 5-7 days a week eating way less and moving more. Learning the signals when I'm satisfied. Still working on the chewing better and slowing down as sometimes I forget to eat for several hours and then I get super hungry the old me kicks in and I might not chew but my band reminds me chew more and u need way less food.

The amazing encouraging people I have met here is as priceless as my band. No judgements just caring, understanding and encouragement and a good swift reality check when need be.

I'm healthier I have participated in2 5k and one 10k obstacle events and looking to do more. I'm ancy if I don't eat right or work out. I crave healthy food and movement. Things sure have changed but 100000% for the better. Had I known then what I feel now I would of done this years ago.

And for u cg here is that pic

THAT medal is f***king awesome

and so are you ..........LOVE your attitude, your spirit

you got this GF

Wow I think I can finally again post my pics that I have been trying to post from my zip lining while visiting my son in St. George Utah.

post-139624-0-42630700-1404334687_thumb.png

Di, what a fantastic picture! You are doing beautifully.......

Debbie, you look great, too -- zip-lining, wow!

And ReadySetGo you inspire me so much -- amazing. I feel so much pride and joy and it's not even like I know you, but I do. I feel grateful for this forum.

Go everybody!

WANT POWER, YES!

Wow I think I can finally again post my pics that I have been trying to post from my zip lining while visiting my son in St. George Utah.

Wow. That is great. You have big balls, congrats. I am so afraid of heights I would never do that.

I am Very afraid of heights , but there was a couple of guys that made me very comfortable I ever thought I would be able to do it either , I went one way and that was enough , but I did it and I was proud of my self and my son was Very surprised thatIattempted and did it at least one way Lol.

I

Wow. That is great. You have big balls, congrats. I am so afraid of heights I would never do that.

Happy 4th of July !!!

@@Bandista I feel the sane way I don't know you but u know me better than most that's why I love this forum we don't really know each other but we do and that's y I keep coming back here

Everyone have a (Banging) 4th of July , as you all are banging it out and enjoy those Protein Hamburgers as I hope I will just with out bread and maybe some kind of Beans which are Protein also I don't do bread but I can have my lettuce, tomatoes, cheese on my Hamburger , never though I would have to use a fork to eat a hamburger , but I do lol and it still is a hamburger , well just saying enjoy your fourth as I will be working but have a banging , sparkle good time, also for some desert , watermelon is great, so many good choices now that we know we don't have to starve on the Holidays , talking about this now I want grilled chicken lol, you all know what I mea and have many ore wonderful healthy holidays.

Edited by Debbie3sons

Happy 4th of July !!! @@Bandista I feel the sane way I don't know you but u know me better than most that's why I love this forum we don't really know each other but we do and that's y I keep coming back here

We have become great friends without faces ( I don't know how to post ) we encourage each other and we support one another. We share the good , bad and ugly. We can talk about things that we don't share with our non WLS people.

Thank you all for being there

Happy 4th!! I enjoy reading everything even if I don't post like I use to. Been busy with family shit.

Arlene

I still read but rarely post.

But I reached a goal today. I've lost 120 lbs. It's been a slow go lately but I'm ok with that. I've settled into living life and am no longer counting calories but still managing to lose. So no more feeling of needing to diet.

Hope everyone is doing well & best wishes on your journey.

Congrats Tara-U, you are doing great!!!!

I still read but rarely post. But I reached a goal today. I've lost 120 lbs. It's been a slow go lately but I'm ok with that. I've settled into living life and am no longer counting calories but still managing to lose. So no more feeling of needing to diet. Hope everyone is doing well & best wishes on your journey.

Awesome Tara !!!!

I just saw this question sorry it took so long to answer. I play in Ocala, Fla. it's a poker room/jai alai. I have played on line some but it's just play money.

Where do you play poker? I play for fun money on poker stars all night. In MA you can't play for real money.
Congrats on your win!!