Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

today is another day out of my comfort zone almost a year living out of my comfort zone and thanks to you here especially carolingirl, go walking, tomuchfun and b52, who were so helpful in the beginning and continue to be. I was a lost scared woman when I was researching the band needing and wanting to take control of my weigh problem. I am hitting a new goal and competing in a 5k obstacle course scared as hell almost as scared as the weeks leading up to surgery. But like the decision to have the surgery i said I signed up for the race and I'm doing it. at my own pace but I will finish it. MY fear will not hold me back, i think of the fear of being banded and glad I overcame that because it was one of the best and healthiest decisions I made in my life. Today when I finish the race I am sure I will feel the same way. Im like a kid at Christmas I want to do this race already. will post pic of my finisher medal :)

today is another day out of my comfort zone almost a year living out of my comfort zone and thanks to you here especially carolingirl, go walking, tomuchfun and b52, who were so helpful in the beginning and continue to be. I was a lost scared woman when I was researching the band needing and wanting to take control of my weigh problem. I am hitting a new goal and competing in a 5k obstacle course scared as hell almost as scared as the weeks leading up to surgery. But like the decision to have the surgery i said I signed up for the race and I'm doing it. at my own pace but I will finish it. MY fear will not hold me back, i think of the fear of being banded and glad I overcame that because it was one of the best and healthiest decisions I made in my life. Today when I finish the race I am sure I will feel the same way. Im like a kid at Christmas I want to do this race already. will post pic of my finisher medal :)

What a wonderful post. This is what it's all about. Reclaiming our lives...no matter what it is...running a race, playing with the kids, sightseeing in Italy, riding a roller coaster, and for me....just being able to walk without pain and without the cane.

This is why I think it's important for us vets to stick around on this site. We help each other as well as provide inspiration to the newbies.

I know that you will have a great race readysetgo and I for one can't wait to see those pictures. Good luck today my friend..I'm so very proud of you.

It took me 3:45 to complete the Spartan 15 obstacles 4.2 miles of crazy difficulty mountain terrain. I stopped along the way to help team mates I refused to let anyone give up. I tried every obstacles even the ones I knew I couldn't do . I did not give up. I literally had team mates on my shoulders so they could get over walls and do monkey bars. I climbed Steep muddy hills walked in muddy Water that smelled like **** crawled and yes even rolled under barb wire with rocks and mud. I even cried when no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get over the slanted 14 foot wall.. That was the most mentally and physically taxing thing I ever did to date. I am sore and seriously achy but a year ago that would of been something I would never attempt but not only did I attempt it I finished it. After the race dirt bruised and achy I had a family party to go too where my older brother who I have been trying to to get the lap band is seriously consider it because of me he had found inspiration in me wth this is a man who criticizes everything I do more or less but who cares he is choosing to get healthy !!! I hope he goes through with it Yesterday was truly one of the best days in my life made possible due to my decision to get healthy get the band be compliant and literally work my butt off.

Edited by readysetgo611

It took me 3:45 to complete the Spartan 15 obstacles 4.2 miles of crazy difficulty mountain terrain. I stopped along the way to help team mates I refused to let anyone give up. I tried every obstacles even the ones I knew I couldn't do . I did not give up. I literally had team mates on my shoulders so they could get over walls and do monkey bars. I climbed Steep muddy hills walked in muddy Water that smelled like **** crawled and yes even rolled under barb wire with rocks and mud. I even cried when no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get over the slanted 14 foot wall.. That was the most mentally and physically taxing thing I ever did to date. I am sore and seriously achy but a year ago that would of been something I would never attempt but not only did I attempt it I finished it. After the race dirt bruised and achy I had a family party to go too where my older brother who I have been trying to to get the lap band is seriously consider it because of me he had found inspiration in me wth this is a man who criticizes everything I do more or less but who cares he is choosing to get healthy !!! I hope he goes through with it Yesterday was truly one of the best days in my life made possible due to my decision to get healthy get the band be compliant and literally work my butt off.

What can I say? You are my hero.

Congratulations!!!!!!! My nephew does those and they look so hard. Good luck with your brother. Sometimes seeing is believing and he saw how wonderful you're doing.

Have a great restful Sunday.

Arlene

Way to go @ -- you are amazing! Love it that you envisioned this and took it all the way, helping others and feeling the strength and vitality that you have now. Very inspiring!

I am on a new medication for arthritis and doing well with that -- giving me some hope for being able to participate in other kinds of physical activity. I walk a lot now, workout in basement, etc., and while I'm not a candidate for any kind of race, etc., I am thinking perhaps I'll be able to do things like dance and yoga that I used to really enjoy.

Meanwhile, today I am rocking a tiny skirt that I cannot believe fits me. The last time I wore it was in 2001. It's above the knee (eeek!) but I think I look good. We are off to town to do errands. I feel like a girl playing dress-up. Finally got into Onederland the other day and now I'm at 197. Loving this.

Where is the pic of you playing dress up lol , we want to see the tiny skirt be proud and show off your stuff , as you see I am nt small but I am smaller than I was almost 2 yrs. ago and I will never be thin or skinny but I will and am more healthy than I was except for when I was carrying all my weight it did a number on my breathing and back for sure of course it doesn't help I smoke but like I said carrying all that weight was not good and Really didn't even realize it but I am now so be proud of your self and show off.

Way to go @ -- you are amazing! Love it that you envisioned this and took it all the way, helping others and feeling the strength and vitality that you have now. Very inspiring!

I am on a new medication for arthritis and doing well with that -- giving me some hope for being able to participate in other kinds of physical activity. I walk a lot now, workout in basement, etc., and while I'm not a candidate for any kind of race, etc., I am thinking perhaps I'll be able to do things like dance and yoga that I used to really enjoy.

Meanwhile, today I am rocking a tiny skirt that I cannot believe fits me. The last time I wore it was in 2001. It's above the knee (eeek!) but I think I look good. We are off to town to do errands. I feel like a girl playing dress-up. Finally got into Onederland the other day and now I'm at 197. Loving this.

All I can say is Wow! Congratulations!! N

Gee whiz, I am almost embarrassed to say that this weekend I walked out in the heat for 45 mins on Sunday and was in the pool twice. On Saturday, I cleaned the house, mopping floors, etc. Readysetgo, you are an inspiration, but at almost 66 I think that I would have to pass! Congrats to you, tho!

Ok friends...I'm about to put my will power to the test. I'm facing a change that is making me crazy nervous, but excited all at the same time. I have just accepted a new position at work. I know I'm going to love the new job. But...wow...normally during transition periods I eat myself to sleep. No more...I'm sure I will be tempted. I've always celebrated changes with big dinners out somewhere. Not this time, though. Not this time. So, bear with me if I get on here and whine a little. I'll try to be a good girl :)

Ok friends...I'm about to put my will power to the test. I'm facing a change that is making me crazy nervous, but excited all at the same time. I have just accepted a new position at work. I know I'm going to love the new job. But...wow...normally during transition periods I eat myself to sleep. No more...I'm sure I will be tempted. I've always celebrated changes with big dinners out somewhere. Not this time, though. Not this time. So, bear with me if I get on here and whine a little. I'll try to be a good girl :)

Congratulations!!!!!!! Celebrate with a new item of clothing to show off at your position.

Congratulations, Di, you deserve this! And as for the whining, we are here for whatever it is -- celebrations, ups and downs, worries, etc. Bring 'em on! I remember reading once about how the body interprets stress and that "good stress" can be the same as the other kind. And of course we all want to tamp down that stress with food, our old habit. I'll bet all that exercise you're doing is going to pay off big time now -- you are rewiring your body for appropriate responses. So take it easy, pat yourself on the back and know that all good things are happening.

Congratulations on the new postition at work,Di. How wonderful. I agree with dyalanmiles, buy a new outfit! Woohoo, another excuse to shop!