Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wow, i have been banded with plication for almost 2 yrs

and been on this forum for 2 yrs 4 months..where has the time gone?

i am happier today then i was when i started in Feb 2012...compared to

where i am now today..

the only (advice) i want to give is the following (take it or ignore it):

• call your doctor if you are hurting or concerned or need (assistance w/questions can i or should i eat/do/drink)
  • i strongly advise anyone to do what THEIR doctor says, not mine or anyone elses..
  • use common sense (you cant gain true weight overnight and you wont lose true weight overnight)
  • eating more calories than you burn off will make you gain weight with or without any WLS
  • reality is clothes sizes getting smaller is a accurate sign of losing weight (dont focus totally on the metal monster)
  • you do not have to be at goal in six months...get there when you do...WLS has no expiration date

and last but not least

believe in yourself to give yourself credit..you know if you eat too much of the not so great food chioices out there

dont say the WLS did not stop you..you stop you.....YOU can control yourself..(you wont step out in front of a train would you??)

WLS will help you but it wont be the save all as that part is up to you and me

be well and all the best to you.

I was wondering when you would start bandsters #6... :)

I loved the post. This is not complicated....rare cases aside, if you want to succeed at this, you will. Folks like you and me, with serious co-morbidities and the other issues surrounding being morbidly obese know this. We are the poster children for following the rules and finding success.

Have a great day my friend. October will be here before you know it....can't wait to give you a big ole' hug!

I have had the best visit with my family this week. Many of them haven't seen me since my surgery. They have commented more than once that I am not eating enough. I just say, "no, I used to eat TOO much and now I eat what I need." I get told how much younger I look. All this because I have listened to my doc, done the things he has asked me to do, and had faith in myself. It's a wonderful thing.

Hey Lady, like what you say! And congrats on your upcoming 2nd year anniversary!

"believe in yourself to give yourself credit..you know if you eat too much of the not so great food chioices out there

dont say the WLS did not stop you..you stop you.....YOU can control yourself..(you wont step out in front of a train would you??)

All truth!

Congrats on your upcoming 2 years! Thanks for sharing your awesomeness with us!!!

CarolinaGirl you talk some serious truths.....common sense is huge. Don't let lack of common sense convince you your band doesn't work.

On a side note,,,

My Father asked me last week if I need an intervention. LOL. "You need to stop losing weight soon". I said that is all nonsense. Plenty more can be lost loose skin aside. I am 5 foot nothing 192 pounds. Not even in the normal BMI range.

Slow down comments are coming fast and furious from various people. I know they're just concerned but it is completely unnecessary and borderline annoying.

CarolinaGirl you talk some serious truths.....common sense is huge. Don't let lack of common sense convince you your band doesn't work.

On a side note,,,

My Father asked me last week if I need an intervention. LOL. "You need to stop losing weight soon". I said that is all nonsense. Plenty more can be lost loose skin aside. I am 5 foot nothing 192 pounds. Not even in the normal BMI range.

Slow down comments are coming fast and furious from various people. I know they're just concerned but it is completely unnecessary and borderline annoying.

Oh boy Jim....this made me grin from ear to ear! Mazel Tov! You've truly made it once you get the 'you're too thin' comments. Take it from one who knows....agree with them. It stops them dead in their tracks. LOL!!

There you all are I hate this iPhone app lol. Rob drying why banders 5 was "quiet"

Have a great weekend my greatest support system :)

CG you are a rock star. 2 years and still going strong. I have been following your progress for a year or more. and always admired your "real" comments. yes Jim there are some in every family that make comments like "you are too skinny" . that is music to my ears lol. I am far from skinny but love it when people call me "skinny Minnie". Common Sense is so important in the Lapband life. If you just use it you will be successful. Have a great day everyone.

@@CarolinaGirl, just what I needed to hear! Headed to my second fill today. The process continues. Have a great day!

happy friday banded peeps

how the freek are you today

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠