Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved April 4, 2014. I have lost 57 pounds since my pre-op diet. I am really getting nervous that I am going to stretch out my sleeve and fail miserably. I find myself cheating, here and there. I get so mad and disappointed in myself! It's a slippery path downward... And I am going down! I am struggling to accept my new relationship with food. I find myself eating just because I haven't eaten and not because I am hungry. I don't want to fail at this...

I hear you. I'm about ten weeks post op. It's hard. It really is easy to eat a lot of calories when you are eating the wrong stuff. I has my first emotional eating day today, but tomorrow I am going to get up and start all over again. That's all you can do really.

There is a pill that is just for this situation and will prevent you from eating under these exact circumstances..........!!!

Nooo.......of course there isn't......but I guess that is what you wanted to hear.

What is it exactly you want anyone else to do??? You've already been at this awhile. You know what the routine is. You even state that you are not hungry and you are aware the cheating is going to cause you to fail. And yet you do it anyway.

So my guess is if you don't wise up and change your attitude, you will most certainly fail. There is nothing anyone else can do about it. It's all on you.

Either get with the program and do what you know you have to do, or you will have gone thru all this for nothing and will become one of the statistics that it didn't work for.

Sorry if this is not what you expected to hear. But sugar coating it won't change the outcome. - Good Luck. <_<

You have lost more than me post op with the same date? Why are you concerned your off track? Are you tracking your food? If not how do you know you are going overboard? Do you eat Protein first? If you aren't... start! Are you getting your Water in?

Ditto to what recycled said. You need to own up to this and take responsibility for your actions and decision to have surgery. Did you have psych consults before surgery? Did they not cover the lifestyle changes you have to make and how to deal with them? Does your surgeons office offer therapy or support groups? I suggest getting help with your food issues because 2 months out is way too soon to already be falling into bad habits, and it's only going to get worse.

If you did not or do not have access to professional counseling, I would suggest at least reading some appropriate literature. There are plenty of books out there that can help get your mind where it needs to be, if you are willing to work at it. Don't waste this opportunity.

Thank you for this thread. The "tough love" responses are what I needed to read. Seeing that I am not the only one struggling lets me know I am not alone in my struggle.

I have to get it together. I am 5 weeks out and I am NOT doing the right thing lately.

There are some books that helped me:

"Emotional First + Aid Kit: A Practical Guide to Life After Bariatric Surgery" by Cynthia Alexander - this one helped me the most. It helps you separate emotions from eating; also, to set up your environment to minimize eating what you have a hard time staying away from.

"From the First Bite" by Kay Sheppard

"The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Perfect Protein Shakes"

Hope these help!