Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crazy Memorial Day Weekend (i.e. men are clueless)

My family's Memorial Weekend plans include our annual trip to our family cabin on the lake. This year, my husband decided to invite some of his acquaintances. I wasn't real thrilled about spending the weekend with a bunch of people I barely know, but hey!, it is the lake and should be a lot of fun!

Imagine my horror when I realized that the moms of these two families took the opportunity to send their husbands out to the lake with the kids . . . without the moms! I was the only mom there with 11 kids (one in diapers) and four men! Sounds fine, plenty of adults!!? SURE, I am sure all of the moms reading this realize that the men were completely useless in watching their kids once I arrived. The men congratulated themselves on how "brave" they were to bring the kids to the lake without their wives .. . while sitting in the man cave watching baseball. They had no idea what their kids were up to!!! So my weekend was cooking for 4 families (some close friends came) and watching eleven kids!!!!!!

I finally put my foot down and made one of the dads mop the pee off of my floor himself when his two year old came into the house with a bathing suit on, and no diaper!!!!! The first aid kit just remained out the entire weekend. I guess all of the kids survived the weekend and made it home???!!!

Good news is, I lost 2 pounds working so hard all weekend!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!! No way. You are one brave and generous woman! I would have high-tailed it outta there! That is my worst nightmare. Happy you got to lose some weight. You sure earned it. :)

Wow -- I bet you could use a vacation right now!!! Sounds like you took it all in stride and even lost some weight for the effort but I bet next year there will be some SERIOUS discussion before a weekend like this happens again!

Ginger

Sounds like the only one who needs to get his butt kicked is married to you?

Omg! I would have just left. Or worse, fumed about it under my breath. You have more patience and energy than me! Take good care of yourself today. I'd suggest a pair of new really expensive shoes!

Oh wow. Just wow.

Hubby owes you a nice gift now. Lol

Wow.... just wow....

while reading your post.. i was shaking my head- NO way-

i would have been like "here are the ground rules... or you all are free to LEAVE" I think you should make a spa day & send the bill to all the dads there... including your hubby... lol

Edited by skinnygirlwithin

As a dad my kids would have been with me under my supervision. But I understand your situation as a many year president and board member of Little League. In my case it was the parents that would drop their kids off and pick them up late. I couldnt go home until all kids had gone home unless another board member chose to stay. On many occations the parent would show up drunk which created a worse issue. Many an evening I would have to drive both the parent and the child home. Some were belligerent, so they got the choice you get a ride home or I call 911, but the child is not getting in the car. Little League in my opinion is the best value in a baby sitting service going.

I would have pulled hubby aside and told him "you better talked to your friends!" I would have been livid! Some men are clueless!

My family's Memorial Weekend plans include our annual trip to our family cabin on the lake. This year, my husband decided to invite some of his acquaintances. I wasn't real thrilled about spending the weekend with a bunch of people I barely know, but hey!, it is the lake and should be a lot of fun!

Imagine my horror when I realized that the moms of these two families took the opportunity to send their husbands out to the lake with the kids . . . without the moms! I was the only mom there with 11 kids (one in diapers) and four men! Sounds fine, plenty of adults!!? SURE, I am sure all of the moms reading this realize that the men were completely useless in watching their kids once I arrived. The men congratulated themselves on how "brave" they were to bring the kids to the lake without their wives .. . while sitting in the man cave watching baseball. They had no idea what their kids were up to!!! So my weekend was cooking for 4 families (some close friends came) and watching eleven kids!!!!!!

I finally put my foot down and made one of the dads mop the pee off of my floor himself when his two year old came into the house with a bathing suit on, and no diaper!!!!! The first aid kit just remained out the entire weekend. I guess all of the kids survived the weekend and made it home???!!!

Good news is, I lost 2 pounds working so hard all weekend!!!!!!

Wow that is just so crazy.. I can so relate. Glad you dropped 2 pounds.

As a dad my kids would have been with me under my supervision. But I understand your situation as a many year president and board member of Little League. In my case it was the parents that would drop their kids off and pick them up late. I couldnt go home until all kids had gone home unless another board member chose to stay. On many occations the parent would show up drunk which created a worse issue. Many an evening I would have to drive both the parent and the child home. Some were belligerent, so they got the choice you get a ride home or I call 911, but the child is not getting in the car. Little League in my opinion is the best value in a baby sitting service going.

wow, good for you. you are a good person.

Thanks for all your support!! It was a crazy but good time. My husband would owe me big. However, despite being pretty clueless, he is a great guy (and super cute)!!!

You ae a brave and loving mother and wife! I, on the other hand, would have hit the roof and found a car to leave with. Diapers!!!Holy smoke!