Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 28-31st Sleeve Week!

Good luck too those going in tomorrow! U will do just fine!!!

Good luck to my fellow 28ers! Talk to you all soon. Heading to bed cuz 5:30 am checkin comes real fast lol

Edited by Nicci829

So glad to hear from the 27ers! Excited for you 28ers. One more night of work for me then hoping for a smooth anxiety free 24 hrs until surgery. The 29th can't get here soon enough. Hugs to all ????

My surgery is tomorrow morning too. Good luck to everyone else who is having the surgery tomorrow and the next few days. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.

Congrats 27's!

Good Luck 28's!

Wishing everyone well.

Im on the 29th trying to get well from this cold ASAP

Anyone else having nightmares?

2 more day... Can't wait!

Sandi

29th here also, getting excited! I need to pack tomorrow and go to the store for broth and carnation instant Breakfast drink and whatever else I can have for the next 10 days.

Go to surgery in the morning 6:15am. I'll post after. A little emotional, I am glad to have you guys.

Went for second walk around the halls. Sore but REALLY walking helps. Post 13 hrs! One baby step at a time. For those who are anxious I was to just kept reminding myself that I was doing this for my long term health. Stay focused you all can do it. ????????????????

Congrats 27's! Good Luck 28's! Wishing everyone well. Im on the 29th trying to get well from this cold ASAP Anyone else having nightmares? 2 more day... Can't wait! Sandi

I'm starting to feel a bit nervous! But I also feel like I'm in a dream lol. I'm the 29th too : )

Hello Vicki59 and shavarn! Welcome to our late May sleevers group! Lots of us getting sleeved this week and we hope we can all do this jouney together.

Michelle your post about your boob hiding an incision cracked me up. I'm gad you and the other 27s are doing so well!! I believe there are 5 we haven't heard from yet, hopefully they are resting up and will fill us in tomorrow.

Whats the abdominal wrap? Is it like one of the things you wear working out that stretches around the waste then velcros? I haven't heard of that but very interested!

Take a dep breath kungfu, - your almost at the finish line! I'm sure its going to be great. Guys lose so fast your numbers will be smokin! Hot down there in MX?? I hope to get some sun Thursday out at the pool. I'm not at the mariott, I'm in Mexicalli, I only stay at the hotel 1 night and hotel 3 nights. One more day of work and then I'm off on a plane first thing Thursday!

We have 10 28s being sleeved tomorrow! Good luck everyone and check in when you can to let us know how you are doing.

Day 2 recover for 27s. I heard it can be rough. What pain meds do your docs have you on? I heard liqid dilottid is the best. I wll bring benedryl, I was on that after my gallbladder was out and it made me itchy. But it works ;)

Got my kiddo packed up to go to grandmas. One more day of work! WIll pack up tomorrow night and be leaving the house by 5am to catch my flight. AHHHHH

Good luck 28s!! Big prayers for a complication free day!

Well, it's 8:30am here in Germany and I'm all checked in to the hospital. My surgery isn't supposed to be until 4:15, but it looks like there may all ready be a traffic jam, so it might be closer to 6:15. I'm afraid it'll be like waiting on a plane for take off and being told over and over again "just another 20 minutes or so folks!"

Anyway, I'm really sleepy since I had to get up so early to be here, but I don't want to nap, since I'm afraid that'll make it harder for me sleep tonight after surgery. I know I'll probably be totally conked out anyway, but my sleep cycle is crazy and delicate, and napping is pretty much never a good thing for me! Plus I have a friend coming to keep me company in a little while and it'd be rude to nap.

So, good luck to everyone else getting cut today!

Seven hour till lift off. Still have doubts, but I am commited. Last night I wrote down all the pros and cons looking for commitment.The pros of surgery outweighed the pro's of not having surgery. But I still feel disipointed in myself for not having the self control to do this without surgery. Keep thinking I should try one more time. But as many have said their only regret was not having surgery sooner. I hope the 27's are all doing great and best of luck to of todays transformations. I will post tomorrow and report how I feel. I have alway come through surgery with flying colors this should be no different.

Par1959,

I felt the same way! Why can't I just those the weight like I've done many times before? Well it gets harder and harder to lose it as we get older. Surgery for me is just a tool to lose it and keep it off. With high BP, cholesterol and a rising HA1C this needs to be done. Next to learn the diet and stick to it! Protein protein protein first! We are all taking the first step in right direction. Best wishes.