Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods that make you barf! Literally.

Yes, gross, I know. I'm just curious, I have certain foods that make me throw up and it's super annoying! What all foods cause this for you guys? My biggest one is ice cream. Before anyone freaks out on me.... I've never ordered ice cream after surgery, but in group settings, I have taken a few bites. I've learned I can't even take a bite of it without ending up in the bathroom.

Raw broccoli, tried it twice , small bites, chewed . Stuck real bad, then it all came up. Not pretty. Not going to happen again, not no way ,not no how !

Yes, gross, I know. I'm just curious, I have certain foods that make me throw up and it's super annoying! What all foods cause this for you guys? My biggest one is ice cream. Before anyone freaks out on me.... I've never ordered ice cream after surgery, but in group settings, I have taken a few bites. I've learned I can't even take a bite of it without ending up in the bathroom.

The other night I had a few fried onion rings. Slimmed a few times then threw up big time in front of my grandsons. F**king gross.

Funny u should mention barf. 30 minutes ago I just vomited a chicken salad (leftovers from dinner last nite). Not sure why. I can usually eat everything.Vomiting was a normal part of my eating when I was banded (sleeve revision 10 mths ago) but in the last 10 mths, this was like my 3rd time vomiting. It's usually a long, drawn out, painful process since being sleeved, but tonite was like in remembrance of band days.

Hope this isn't my future. I'm now drinking chamomile tea to calm my tummy...And I LUV cobb salads...

The other night I had a few fried onion rings. Slimmed a few times then threw up big time in front of my grandsons. F**king gross.

That's so strange and I don't think I've tried onion rings, though I love onions. And onions in batter. Lol! I'll have to watch out when I come across one! On a side note- isn't is so strange and fascinating how we "throw up" now? It's not at all like we used to throw up if we were sick... Or had a few too many drinks the night before ;)

Raw broccoli, tried it twice , small bites, chewed . Stuck real bad, then it all came up. Not pretty. Not going to happen again, not no way ,not no how !

Broccoli?! That's a shame since it's actually healthy! God was sending me a sign with my ice cream, but BROCCOLI?! Ha! Yeah, walk away from the veggie tray next time! :)

Funny u should mention barf. 30 minutes ago I just vomited a chicken salad (leftovers from dinner last nite). Not sure why. I can usually eat everything.Vomiting was a normal part of my eating when I was banded (sleeve revision 10 mths ago) but in the last 10 mths, this was like my 3rd time vomiting. It's usually a long, drawn out, painful process since being sleeved, but tonite was like in remembrance of band days. Hope this isn't my future. I'm now drinking chamomile tea to calm my tummy...And I LUV cobb salads...

Hmmm... Now that you mention that... I was at a baby shower the other day and when they served chicken salad, I was less than thrilled because I've never really cared for it, but it was the only Protein option and I felt like I was going to hurl so I quit eating it. I should make note of the chamomile tea next time!!

Another thing that absolutely PAINS ME TO SAY, is sushi. It is my second favorite food of all time (next to potatoes, obviously) and I can now eat 2 pieces of a sushi roll. Not THREE. Definitely not FOUR. I have tested this theory many times over the last 5 months and successfully puke every time. The good thing that has come out of this, is I have learned to love sashimi. I am pretty obsessed and I would say I get 70% of my Protein throughout the week from sushi grade salmon from a local Japanese market. Absolutely obsessed.

Steak!

Any form of meat. I throw up frequently trying to get in my Protein !!

Red meat, Rice, potatoes, just about anything made from flour...breads, Pasta, Desserts, etc....and there are others.

I should say, that there is nothing I really cannot eat., it is just that some things are more difficult than others...so why bother...

Like pizza. I could eat it, but it would take me at least 20 minutes to get through one slice..so why bother. Same for pasta......Besides, what's the nutritional value???? Why go through all that for something that's not good for me in the first place?

I have found that just about all the foods that are not band friendly for me, are not that good for me in the first place...so it's a win-win situation all around.....

Because of the band, I eat very little with little or no hunger......and when I do eat, I make good healthy choices.....not a bad life IMO.

Edited by B-52

That's so strange and I don't think I've tried onion rings, though I love onions. And onions in batter. Lol! I'll have to watch out when I come across one! On a side note- isn't is so strange and fascinating how we "throw up" now? It's not at all like we used to throw up if we were sick... Or had a few too many drinks the night before ;)

What do you mean by how we throw up? Haven't been sleeved yet and I detest throwing up now and praying I won't after. I can deal with nausea not throwing up

Hamburger patties make me yarf, but not crumbled and browned burger like taco meat.

Cold chicken is bad, but chicken salad is OK.

Rice is bad. Pasta is bad. More than one or two bites of bread = vomit.

Drinking on a full tummy, even a sip, is bad.

My tummy definitely keeps me in check, I'm happy to say!